PDA

View Full Version : epsom salt vs. Sea Salt

atara
09-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Hello, I am accustomed to taking epsom salt baths for detoxing. Recently, I heard a few people suggesting sea salt and baking soda baths.

I am looking for the best cleansing possible for the purpose of aura cleansing, removing negative energies, etc.

Is sea salt better for this purpose?

What is the difference between epsom salt and sea salt?

Thank you!:hippy2: :hippy2:

Silver
09-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Epsom salt has magnesium in it mainly, and it's the best for bathing in.

Sea salt is what it is, where it came from, which is different places, but the pink himalayan salt is purportedly the best ~ and it's the kind you want to use in your foods. I sprinkle it on dark chocolate and use it in my cooking.

glenos
09-10-2011, 03:13 PM
One can sling salt all over the shop. Bathe in it, chuck it on snow and ice, put on your chips,. Loadsa things. As for aura cleansing... nah. Your aura is a reflection of what's within, not what's without.
Negative energies are just that they come from within and from others, and no amount of salt will help there unless you sling it at them and then you'll probably feel negative energies. lol
Seriously forget all that stuff and nonsense.

G

Kaere
09-10-2011, 03:47 PM
As epsom salts can be expensive, I would use them only for a relaxing bath. They do help with the body and removing toxins, etc - my grandmother was diabetic and I recall the summer I spent with her, she used them in the tub to help her lower legs.

A part of the reason sea salt and white sage and such works to help remove negative energies is because of our belief in them and that they will work. I see it as a focus point for our own internal power and strength. So if you'd like to use something external to yourself for cleansing, sea salt is a good one.

Aura cleansing can be done without salt - I like to use an ordinary shower. I visualize white light coming down with the water and see it making my aura brighter, shining up any dull or dim spots.

When I first became aware of spirit (seeing, feeling, etc), it was very scary for me. Babies toys were being moved about and I felt myself being stared at a lot while in his room. I even became convinced that a ghost was the reason my baby didn't sleep well - that it was waking up the baby in order to make me have to come in the room, like a control thing. I had heard that ghosts (at the time that's what I considered them to be) are sensitive to salt and are even compelled to count the grains if they come across it. So, every night I threw a pinch of salt into the openings to my son's room, in the hopes that his unusual wakings would cease. And they did.

Was it the salt or my own intent made stronger or even just a phase that my baby grew out of? I don't know for sure. But I do know it gave me a feeling of control and power where I didn't have one previously. And so that makes all the "stuff and nonsense" valid for me and probably for many others.

norseman
09-10-2011, 04:07 PM
THis is an old post I put together some time back about a "special" sea salt.

HIMALAYAN CRYSTAL SALT.

Salt is an important mineral, not just in our diet, but in maintaining our bodily health. We eat far too much but why is that ? It is because we are eating the wrong kind of salt and our bodies use vital energy in eliminating this excess, it is also a systemic poison. Salt, as we know it is Sodium Chloride. Sea salt may contain some additional minerals but also contains the toxic pollutants that have been dumped in our seas and oceans.
Life originated in Earth’s primordial seas in what can only be described as a mineral soup. Now bear in mind that this “soup” contained all the basic mineral requirements to sustain life. That is why we use so much salt – our bodies are actually craving the minerals which are missing. Our bodies still contain this primordial sea. In every cell in our body, there is a portion of this sea – our birth sea if you like. Our blood and tears contain the “soup” of minerals. If you wish to taste where life was born, taste your tears ! [or the happy tears of someone else – very err – well, you know !]

This salt-form is still available [sorry if this sounds like a commercial, its just one of my obsessions lol]
For hundreds of millions of years, through the continual and unrelenting outpour of our sun’s energy, the original primordial sea was slowly evaporated. During continental drift, the land mass which eventually became known as India crashed [slowly !] into the underbelly of Asia. This cataclysmic event caused the land to buckle and surge upwards to form what is now known as the Himalayan plateau and [this is the important stuff] a sea was upthrust with the land. So, on the plateau, was a land-locked sea which continued to evaporate, leaving the vast potential energy of the sun locked into the original salt. Eventually, through time, an over-burden of rock formed and the salt bed was buried, untouched for 250 million years. It is now being mined and sold as Himalayan Crystal salt which is pollutant-free and contains over 84 minerals and trace elements of our birth sea.
There are many, positive health benefits claimed for this product – check it out yourself.

One way to get these benefits is through the use of Sole [pronounced Solay] , this is a 1% solution in water as found in our blood and tears.
To make, put 5 tablespoons of spring water in a glass jar and add about 2 teaspoons of Himalayan crystal salt. Stopper it and give it a good shake, then leave it for 24 hours to saturate. There should be some salt left at the bottom of the bottle, this shows that the solution is saturated. Take one teaspoon of this solution in a tumbler of spring water every day, about 250 ml – 1% solution [not necessarily in one gulp !]. It will stimulate the stomach and intestines, digestion and metabolism, and balance the body’s acidity. This 1% solution can also be used as a mouth wash instead of harsh chemicals and can be used to bathe sore, tired eyes.

Use it in your food. You will find that your need for salt gets less. Trust me !
I am not going to mention any brand names, just enter Himalayan Crystal salt into google. But make sure that it is the real McCoy ! There are substitutes on the market coming from the Punjab. The real stuff is pink. The company also sells Himalayan Rock Salt lamps which are said to give a light beneficial to health in an ionic sense.

Ah, nuts ! http://www.himalayancrystalsalt.co.uk/home.asp Why beat around the bush ! There is also a .com equivalent for the U.S.

Silver
09-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I found the 'real mccoy' at Naturway, a local health store. Spiritlite had a thread about the pink himalayan kind, and that's the kind I found at my local store.

Great article, Norsie.

atara
09-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I already use the Him. Sea Salt for cooking.
I just found it interesting that Doreen Virtue and Deborah King both suggested sea salt for bathing for the use of clearing negative energy. Maybe clearing isn't the correct wording.

Silver
09-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't see the epsom salts being expensive for bathing ~ unless you use it every time, which I don't. When I do, I pour it on. It's so good for you and so soothing. I guess you could put a dash of sea salt in but using a lot would be too expensive unless you're rich, lol.

Kaere
09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I didn't mean they'd be expensive for bathing - but would be expensive if you used it every time for cleansing or around the house etc. Sea salt is just a little bit more than regular table salt - it's right there in the grocery store for me anyway.

Silver
09-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I didn't mean they'd be expensive for bathing - but would be expensive if you used it every time for cleansing or around the house etc. Sea salt is just a little bit more than regular table salt - it's right there in the grocery store for me anyway.

Ok, wasn't clear on that...I've started using baking soda and vinegar (both separate and together) for more around-the-house cleaning. I have a stainless steel kitchen sink, so the baking soda works well for that, too.