PDA

View Full Version : Enmore Spiritualist Church

Patangel
09-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Hi people. I would like to tell anyone in Sydney that Enmore Spiritualist Church will be re-opening in the next few months in brand new (old!) premises (smaller but adequate) ( for services in March 2012) just a five minute walk from Erskineville Station.:hug:

We have lots of new plans to move forward and warmly welcome anyone who is interested in learning more about Spiritualism to join us in discussions.

More later...

love: Patangel :angel8:

mac
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
wow!

This is quite a rarity - something posted in the Spiritualism forum that is actually about Spiritualism!

Hope there are forum members in Sydney and district to read this announcement.

Skye
09-10-2011, 11:30 AM
wow!

This is quite a rarity - something posted in the Spiritualism forum that is actually about Spiritualism!

I second that mac. I was thinking the same the other day when reading through some posts; what has this or that got to do with Spiritualism?

Good luck with your future plans to all those at Enmore Spiritualist Church.

mac
09-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I second that mac. I was thinking the same the other day when reading through some posts; what has this or that got to do with Spiritualism?

Good luck with your future plans to all those at Enmore Spiritualist Church.

Hi, B. I've given up trying to get postings unrelated to Spiritualism moved by forum administrators. Sometimes it works but at others I get no response.

Patangel
06-12-2011, 08:59 AM
many thanks for the kind replies.:wink:

Just an update as a few people who went to Enmore have confirmed they read this forum :

the former Enmore Spiritualist Church will re-open on the 1st April 2012 in a beautiful small hall about 5 minutes walk from Erskineville Station in the Inner West of Sydney.

We have secured a 5 year lease at a very reasonable rate.

We will be holding services twice a week- Friday and Sunday

Meditation and development classes on Monday with a Healing Night to be announced.
This arrangement may be subject to change but we hope to follow a similar pattern as before the closure of the previous church.

best wishes and more news later.:angel5:

mac
06-12-2011, 09:14 AM
many thanks for the kind replies.:wink:

Just an update as a few people who went to Enmore have confirmed they read this forum :

the former Enmore Spiritualist Church will re-open on the 1st April 2012 in a beautiful small hall about 5 minutes walk from Erskineville Station in the Inner West of Sydney.

We have secured a 5 year lease at a very reasonable rate.

We will be holding services twice a week- Friday and Sunday

Meditation and development classes on Monday with a Healing Night to be announced.
This arrangement may be subject to change but we hope to follow a similar pattern as before the closure of the previous church.

best wishes and more news later.:angel5:
Good stuff you guys!

I do hope that if you don't have a church subscription for 'Two Worlds' and one for the about-to-be-relaunched 'Psychic News' that you'll consider either an online one or the traditional printed publication?

Let us know if you need links.....

mac

glenos
06-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Hooray!

The best of luck folks.

Glen.

Jules
06-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Can I please remind folks, if you notice someone has posted in the WRONG FORUM, please contact staff directly who will remove it to the correct forum.
Thank you.
Jules
SF Staff

Skye
06-12-2011, 01:27 PM
That's excellent news Patangel. It's great to see a variety of classes and services that are on offer. I wish you all the best once again for the future.

Left Behind
11-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Sounds like your church is on the right track, Patangel! Best wishes for 2012, and keep us posted. :smile:

Jim

madein71
14-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi Patangel
thats great news! can't wait to see the new improved Enmore Spiritual Church! let me know if you are organizing a working bee as I would be happy to help out.

Patangel
17-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Good stuff you guys!

I do hope that if you don't have a church subscription for 'Two Worlds' and one for the about-to-be-relaunched 'Psychic News' that you'll consider either an online one or the traditional printed publication?

Let us know if you need links.....

mac

Firstly...many thanks to everyone for your good wishes. A long time between posts but we have had noses to the grind stone.:hug3:

Hello mac !..I heard Psychic News was to be re-published. Do you have any news ?
It was my favourite reading.

mac
17-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Firstly...many thanks to everyone for your good wishes. A long time between posts but we have had noses to the grind stone.:hug3:

Hello mac !..I heard Psychic News was to be re-published. Do you have any news ?
It was my favourite reading.

http://www.psychicnews.org.uk/

available online or in print form as a twice-monthly

Gem
17-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Hey... I might come down and check it out once it opens, maybe send me a reminder (if you remember).

mac
17-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Hey... I might come down and check it out once it opens, maybe send me a reminder (if you remember).

follow the link - the publication etc. is already in operation

Gem
17-01-2012, 01:32 PM
I mean I'll head on down to enmore when they start their thing.

Left Behind
17-01-2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.psychicnews.org.uk/

available online or in print form as a twice-monthly

But I'm still waiting for them to get up and running with accepting PayPal.

Jim

mac
17-01-2012, 05:54 PM
But I'm still waiting for them to get up and running with accepting PayPal.

Jim

Oh - I thought that had been sorted.

Left Behind
17-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Oh - I thought that had been sorted.

Not quite yet, Mac. But Alita tells me they're just-about sorted.

Jim

mac
17-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Not quite yet, Mac. But Alita tells me they're just-about sorted.

Jim

That's taken a long time, Jim.....

Left Behind
17-01-2012, 08:34 PM
That's taken a long time, Jim.....

Yes. . . but it will be great when it's all sorted. :smile:

I read the first number of the resurrected PN as a freebie-internet version, and was very pleased with it.

Internet subscriptions are lots cheaper. It's just that I'm a traditionalist. To me, books and magazines and newspapers are something you hold in your hands.

Jim

ellespirit
17-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Well i'm in Sydney and Enmore is 10 mins away, it sounds like just what I need and i'm really grateful for this thread.

Is there a website or contact phone number?

madein71
18-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Well i'm in Sydney and Enmore is 10 mins away, it sounds like just what I need and i'm really grateful for this thread.

Is there a website or contact phone number?

they will be reincarnated at Erskinville in April 2012 ....we are waiting patiently for more details....even more so for me because if all goes well I may be planning a wedding for my daughter very soon and would love for it to be held there!?!

madein71
13-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Any updates on Enmore Church Patangel?

Patangel
21-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Any updates on Enmore Church Patangel?

still a few hassles to sort out.

Although everything is ready to go on our part the delays are actually with the new venue and beyond our control.
We don't want to get going until we can have regular weekly services without disruption and the venue has some prior commitments it must furfill.

you can always check out our website where we will have the updates:

enmorespiritualistchurch.com

madein71
22-03-2012, 12:21 AM
thankyou Patangel :hug3: if you need volunteer help please let me know i would gladly help to set up, clean etc........i will bookmark the website thankyou!

Loneblossom
27-03-2012, 10:01 AM
still a few hassles to sort out.

Although everything is ready to go on our part the delays are actually with the new venue and beyond our control.
We don't want to get going until we can have regular weekly services without disruption and the venue has some prior commitments it must furfill.

you can always check out our website where we will have the updates:

enmorespiritualistchurch.com
Good luck with sorting out the bumps Patangel :smile:

I'll keep an eye on your website to find out when the church is up and running. Thanks for the info.

madein71
08-02-2013, 08:17 AM
I have given up waiting for this to happen Patangel and I notice that Enmore's page has become more of a memorial.........so tomorrow afternoon I will try the spiritual church at Clovelly

MysticalPuffin
08-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi people. I would like to tell anyone in Sydney that Enmore Spiritualist Church will be re-opening in the next few months in brand new (old!) premises (smaller but adequate) ( for services in March 2012) just a five minute walk from Erskineville Station.:hug:

We have lots of new plans to move forward and warmly welcome anyone who is interested in learning more about Spiritualism to join us in discussions.

More later...

love: Patangel :angel8:

That's amazing! Do you know of any in Melbourne?

madein71
08-02-2013, 10:00 AM
That's amazing! Do you know of any in Melbourne?

I've PM'd you a link that might be helpful please keep in mind though that it doesn't list all churches but you could google spiritual churches in your area.... hope it helps

Patangel
28-06-2013, 12:16 AM
I have given up waiting for this to happen Patangel and I notice that Enmore's page has become more of a memorial.........so tomorrow afternoon I will try the spiritual church at Clovelly

I should have responded before :

Enmore will not re-open. The original Enmore Spiritualist Church Inc was finally and formally dissolved on 12th March 2013.
The bulk of the remaining funds after legal fees, taxes and administration /liquidation fees were distributed between 4 well known NSW charities whilst a number of local, inter-state & UK Spiritualist Churches were given small grants under the rules of the Constitution of the church.

That decision was taken because of the cost of setting up a new church and given the small attendance at most churches it was felt that it was better to assist the established churches raise their profile.

One cautionary note : a group claiming to be the Enmore Spiritualist Church Inc are still soliciting donations and claiming to be a now defunct and non-existent association.
It comprises of some people who never accepted the results of the NSW Supreme Court decision (or decided that the court orders meant something else). They are being investigated by police for raising funds in the name of a registered charity, opening a bank account in the name if a registered charity and not informing the Administrator of the Church that there were funds in that bank account. Who knows where that will end.

1 person is also being sued for defamation over letters they wrote to a government department about the firm of solicitors that handled the affairs of the church. That will be a long, damaging and expensive process for all involved and as usual, lawyers will be the ones who benefit. Another who was similarly being sued came to an arrangement with that firm by apologising in writing to that the government department and withdrawing their claims. They were not pursued for legal fees.

One unexpected outcome of that is that one of those lawyers based in South Australia is so incensed at that the attempted damage to their career they are contemplating a criminal libel suit in that state whereby a person can be fined and jailed. That's why you have to be so careful when getting involved in legal matters.

Why people do not seek legal advice is a mystery but that's the way it is.

You are advised : always seek professional legal advice if the name Enmore is even mentioned !!!

Despite that Spiritualism is alive and well.

best wishes.