PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine

Jason72
04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
By Stephen Cherniske and William Dement. :coffee:

Caffeine is a major CAUSE of LACK of energy. However, they explain that this drug is so powerful that one
needs to go for three weeks to two months without any caffeine before one notices the difference.

Caffeine is produced by more than eighty species of plants. The reason may well be survival.
As it turns out, caffeine is a biological poison used by plants as a pesticide. :icon_flower:

Caffeine is considered harmless simply because it is so widely used. Dr William Dement in his book
"The Promise of Sleep" said that if caffeine was introduced today, it would not be allowed.

"Caffeine is normally excreted within several hours after consumption". In fact, only 1% is excreted.
The remaining 99% has to be detoxified by the liver.
Got any liver problems?
It can take up to 12 hours to detoxify a single cup of coffee. :coffee2:

Many studies regarding coffee and hypertension were flawed, because the test studies came off coffee for only one or two weeks.
It takes many more weeks than this for stress hormone levels of the body to return to normal.

Caffeine puts your body into stress. A single 250 milligram dose of caffeine (the equivalent of about 2.5 six
ounce cups of coffee) has been shown to increase levels of the stress hormone epinephrine (adrenaline) by over 200%.

Stress is a major factor in disorders such as anxiety, insomnia, depression, ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis, headache, hypoglycaemia,
asthma, herpes, hypertension and heart disease. And yet hospitals provide coffee and tea, which put your body into stress!!!

DHEA is our vitality hormone. Decreased levels of DHEA are a cause of increase in aging.
Caffeine consumption leads to DHEA deficiency. Caffeine is an AGING DRUG!

Caffeine disrupts sleep. Deep sleep is CRITICAL to good health. When there's caffeine in your
bloodstream, you are unlikely to experience deep sleep at all! :sleepy2:

A single cup of coffee can reduce iron absorption from a meal by as much as 75%.
People do not develop a tolerance to the anxiety-producing effects of caffeine. Rather, people simply become
accustomed to the feelings of stress, irritability and aggressiveness produced by the drug.

Caffeine contributes to depression in well-defined ways. This is particularly due to the withdrawal effect, which can cause
headache, depression and fatigue, even in light users.
Cherniske reported that 90% of people who came to him who suffered from depression and gave
up caffeine completely for 2 months reported that their depression went away!

"Caffeine Blues" by Stephen Cherniske
"The Promise of Sleep" by Dr William Dement

Remember, caffeine increasers the ageing process. It is an AGING DRUG...! :icon_farao:

deb
05-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Wow, thanks for sharing this.... it kind of bums me out but if this is the facts then it looks like I've got some changes to make.

innerlight
05-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Caffeine contributes to depression in well-defined ways. This is particularly due to the withdrawal effect, which can cause
Cherniske reported that 90% of people who came to him who suffered from depression and gave

This part has been making news lately as a recent study has shown that woman who consume 4 cups of coffee a day did not have depression as opposed to those who drank one cup or less.

I don't think the other effects of caffeine are worth the supposed benefit of less depression. Such as jitters, anxiety, panic, lack of sleep, heart murmurs.

Kaere
05-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Did you know they add caffeine to such otc drugs as Pamprin and Midol to help fight premenstrual "irritability". There are several people in this town I live in who owe their very lives to the fact that it works for me.

I haven't noticed what happens afterwards though - food for thought, I'll make note of how I feel after the fact.

ellespirit
05-10-2011, 02:03 AM
I've switched to decaf two months ago. . am I good now?

I've got to say though, I doesn't hit the spot the way the Moccona used to LOL

innerlight
05-10-2011, 02:10 AM
I've switched to decaf two months ago. . am I good now?

I've got to say though, I doesn't hit the spot the way the Moccona used to LOL
I never understood the concept of decaf coffee. Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of coffee? Do people really like the taste of coffee that much to drink decaf?

Did you know they add caffeine to such otc drugs as Pamprin and Midol to help fight premenstrual "irritability". There are several people in this town I live in who owe their very lives to the fact that it works for me.

I'm sorry but this makes me laugh... :hug2:

It's good to know that the town you live in owe their very lives to the fact that Midol and Pamprin help you fight premenstrual irritability.

psychoslice
05-10-2011, 02:50 AM
I enjoy my couple of cups of coffee per day, I think it stimulates my liver, brain and keeps me at top peak, now if you drink too much that's another story, yes enjoy your coffee guilt free just like me, hey that rhymes lol.:coffee2: :coffee2:

Gem
05-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Coffee is proof that there IS a God.

mattie
05-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Did you know they add caffeine to such otc drugs as Pamprin and Midol to help fight premenstrual "irritability". ...

Caffeine is also in Excedrin.

The caffeine helps the ingredients work more effeciently.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/headaches/hic_caffeine_and_headache.aspx

Silver
05-10-2011, 05:07 AM

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/headaches/hic_caffeine_and_headache.aspx

I've known this for a long time. My doc wants me to take aspirin everyday for my heart but there is such a thing as too much because it can damage the liver.

not human
05-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Let me see.....illegal drugs ...no medication....no cigarettes.....no booze.....no .........not even bloody asprin..........
I don't care if I look 100 and I can't get off the floor ...coffee is staying....

Silver
05-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Let me see.....illegal drugs ...no medication....no cigarettes.....no booze.....no .........not even bloody asprin..........
I don't care if I look 100 and I can't get off the floor ...coffee is staying....

This plus all the other posts ~ the mob has spoken ~ Coffee ~ here to stay.
:coffee2: :wink:

iolite
05-10-2011, 01:13 PM
coffee is rich in antioxidants. Coffee is my ONLY vice. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. Being hypothyroid, I NEED that jolt of caffeine in the morning!!

Silvergirl.... the amino acid N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and the herb milk thistle help the liver detox toxins. NAC and the active ingredient sylimarin is given to patients in hospitals for tylenol poisoning. I routinely take NAC to help me detox the bromides that my iodine supplement stirs up.

Kaere
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM

I can't see that being the only reason however as there are versions without caffeine that do not claim to aid with relieving irritability. It's just a claim though, who knows if it's true or not but caffeine from other sources makes me feel better in that way also.

Silver
05-10-2011, 07:00 PM
It MAY help the aspirin, BUT it's also addicting (?) I don't believe in some things being addictive, but that's a psychological issue, too...they very well could add it to make the aspirin addictive. Wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer added 'stuff' for that specific purpose. I still love my coffee. I don't drink more than 2 cups on any given day.

Silver
05-10-2011, 07:02 PM
coffee is rich in antioxidants. Coffee is my ONLY vice. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. Being hypothyroid, I NEED that jolt of caffeine in the morning!!

Silvergirl.... the amino acid N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and the herb milk thistle help the liver detox toxins. NAC and the active ingredient sylimarin is given to patients in hospitals for tylenol poisoning. I routinely take NAC to help me detox the bromides that my iodine supplement stirs up.

I take sylmarin (milk thistle) supplements...I should take them everyday but I sometimes forget.

I drink 2 cups, no more, and from time to time I'll have one of those energy shots (not the super-strong ones, though and sometimes I just drink half of one).

iolite
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Did ya know that coffee enmas are very therapeutic for the very toxic and sick people?? They help detox the liver and bowels very quickly. I've never done them but I know folks who swear by them.

Medium_Laura
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
By Stephen Cherniske and William Dement. :coffee:

Caffeine is a major CAUSE of LACK of energy. However, they explain that this drug is so powerful that one
needs to go for three weeks to two months without any caffeine before one notices the difference.

Caffeine is produced by more than eighty species of plants. The reason may well be survival.
As it turns out, caffeine is a biological poison used by plants as a pesticide. :icon_flower:

Caffeine is considered harmless simply because it is so widely used. Dr William Dement in his book
"The Promise of Sleep" said that if caffeine was introduced today, it would not be allowed.

"Caffeine is normally excreted within several hours after consumption". In fact, only 1% is excreted.
The remaining 99% has to be detoxified by the liver.
Got any liver problems?
It can take up to 12 hours to detoxify a single cup of coffee. :coffee2:

Many studies regarding coffee and hypertension were flawed, because the test studies came off coffee for only one or two weeks.
It takes many more weeks than this for stress hormone levels of the body to return to normal.

Caffeine puts your body into stress. A single 250 milligram dose of caffeine (the equivalent of about 2.5 six
ounce cups of coffee) has been shown to increase levels of the stress hormone epinephrine (adrenaline) by over 200%.

Stress is a major factor in disorders such as anxiety, insomnia, depression, ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis, headache, hypoglycaemia,
asthma, herpes, hypertension and heart disease. And yet hospitals provide coffee and tea, which put your body into stress!!!

DHEA is our vitality hormone. Decreased levels of DHEA are a cause of increase in aging.
Caffeine consumption leads to DHEA deficiency. Caffeine is an AGING DRUG!

Caffeine disrupts sleep. Deep sleep is CRITICAL to good health. When there's caffeine in your
bloodstream, you are unlikely to experience deep sleep at all! :sleepy2:

A single cup of coffee can reduce iron absorption from a meal by as much as 75%.
People do not develop a tolerance to the anxiety-producing effects of caffeine. Rather, people simply become
accustomed to the feelings of stress, irritability and aggressiveness produced by the drug.

"Caffeine Blues" by Stephen Cherniske
"The Promise of Sleep" by Dr William Dement

Remember, caffeine increasers the ageing process. It is an AGING DRUG...! :icon_farao:

I gave up caffeine over 2 years ago due to it's affects on my heart valve. Never felt better. :) Now my next step is refined sugar!

Silver
05-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Did ya know that coffee enmas are very therapeutic for the very toxic and sick people?? They help detox the liver and bowels very quickly. I've never done them but I know folks who swear by them.

Yep, I've heard of 'em ~ haven't indulged in it myself. I wonder if that sort of therapy would help a cancer patient.

Medium_Laura
05-10-2011, 10:14 PM

Yep

Caffeine has only one known mechanism of action at likely doses: occupation and blockade of adenosine receptors. Whatever the cause of a given primary or secondary headache, if caffeine relieves that headache, it does so by blocking adenosine. That tells us something important about headaches relieved by caffeine: their causal mechanism involves adenosine binding to adenosine receptors.

That caffeine oftentimes relieves migraine means adenosine must be a key part of the mechanism of migraine. This straightforward reasoning makes little impression on headache researchers, though they haven't completely ignored adenosine. In 1996 Professor Burnstock proposed that adenosine is the endogenous (originating within the body) cause of migraine pain. Always looking for new drug targets, headache researchers have investigated the possibility of using adenosine receptor agonists, molecules that bind to and activate adenosine receptors, as migraine medicines.

And this from another Medscape (National Libraries of Medicine) web page:

Interestingly, caffeine seems to both trigger and relieve migraines

iolite
05-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Yep, I've heard of 'em ~ haven't indulged in it myself. I wonder if that sort of therapy would help a cancer patient.

Yes, it is an integral part of the Gerson Anti-Cancer Protocol.

Silver
05-10-2011, 11:20 PM

Do you know the other aspects of this therapy? I've run across so many different berries/fruits, supplements that are supposed to fight cancer. Do most alternative cancer methods include as many of these as they can work in? I recently discovered jujube fruit (looks like a tiny apple) at the local farmer's market 2 weeks ago. You can get them dried or whole. I bought some dried ones and put them in vodka to soak, not a bad little treat at the beginning or end of the day. I think there's something called graviola also. And then there's Chaga, which is a unique type of mushroom ~ I special ordered it from vitacost.com that I believe is supposed to help. plus the old laetril (I believe that's apricot pits).

iolite
05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I think it involves juicing green veggies and maybe fruits. But other than that, nope..but the info is out on the 'net.

Silver
05-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Yep ~ was thinking about Psychoslice's Michelle ~ I believe she's going to go for that alternative. And it seems like everything that's supposed to help cancer also boosts the immune system.

blackraven
06-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Just give me my one cup of :coffee: please. That's all I ask for to get up in the morning. Just one cup. I'm good after that. I promise I won't drink anymore for the rest of the day. But please don't take away my morning fuel. :smile:

Blackraven

Kaere
06-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Where else does caffeine come from - it's not all from coffee after all. I wonder if there are different kinds of caffeine...

Silver
06-10-2011, 12:49 AM
All I know is there's a lot less of it in tea and there's some in chocolate...

Kaere
06-10-2011, 12:53 AM
I thought tea had more caffeine than coffee. Interesting.

Also interesting to note that decaf coffee is not 100% caffeine free - there's just a significantly lesser amount than regular coffee.

Yes, it's in chocolate - so it's either added separately or comes naturally in a cocoa bean.

Maybe it's synthetically created as well.

Yay!

blackraven
06-10-2011, 01:03 AM
I thought tea had more caffeine than coffee. Interesting.

Also interesting to note that decaf coffee is not 100% caffeine free - there's just a significantly lesser amount than regular coffee.

Yes, it's in chocolate - so it's either added separately or comes naturally in a cocoa bean.

Maybe it's synthetically created as well.

Yay!

Kaere & Silvergirl - I just looked up caffeine in chocolate. I have been sneaking a Hersey's milk chocolate bar in the afternoon lately. I guess I'm getting a little more caffeine than I thought.

Caffeine is a stimulant naturally found in cocoa beans as well as in coffee beans and tea. The amount of caffeine present in chocolate and cocoa-based products differs depending on the type and amount of chocolate ingredients. Cocoa powder contains the highest amount of caffeine followed by unsweetened baking chocolate. Dark chocolates will vary considerably in the amount of caffeine.

Most people are surprised to find out that milk chocolate contains relatively low amounts of caffeine. For example, a 1.55 ounce HERSHEY’S milk chocolate bar contains about 12 mg of caffeine – the amount of caffeine in about 3 cups of decaffeinated coffee. A serving of HERSHEY’S chocolate syrup contains about 5 mg of caffeine. These amounts are much less than the amount of caffeine typically found in most coffee, tea, and cola beverages.

The link below has the breakdown of the amount of caffeine in different chocolate bars made by Hershey.

http://www.thehersheycompany.com/nutrition-and-wellness/chocolate-101/caffeine.aspx

Blackraven

iolite
07-10-2011, 03:53 AM
We learned a long time ago not to let my daughter have chocolate after 4pm otherwise she'd stay up way past her bed time. Even now, on the weekends or during summer break, if she gets something chocolate after dinner, she's awake until midnight or later.

Silver
07-10-2011, 04:08 AM
Yeah, some people are very sensitive to caffeine ~ my mom loved coffee but she had real coffee (instant) in the morning and then Sanka in the afternoon. I don't even know if they make it anymore because they don't seem to have it out here on the west coast, anyway. I'm very sensitive to it also and only can drink it in the morning.

AngelicOrin
07-10-2011, 04:41 AM

I heard something like this a few weeks ago, it is particularly helpful for women.