PDA

View Full Version : Binded power with other witches.

Gracey
01-10-2011, 01:07 AM
I am watching a new show called the secret circle. it is about some witches who all have individual power, but when they binded themselves to each other, they lost their individual power and their group power became very strong. i was just wondering if this was just made up tv stuff or if there is an inkling of truth in this?

nightowl
01-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Hey gracey interesting question...I cannot speak to witches binding together but an example of spiritual energy or power being intensified, I have experienced that...in prophetic ministry we found that the more who are together operating in that gift, the easier it was to see and hear from the Spirit...could be the same principle working in both...just a thought :smile:

It will be neat to hear what others have experienced.

norseman
01-10-2011, 08:47 AM
It's called Synergy [ the whole is greater than the sum of the parts]
It has nothing specific to do with being a witch, more to do with people working together as a TEAM [ Group Dynamics !]
The flaw in the process [which explains why individual "power" will decrease] is a phenomenon called GroupThink, where the Team has been together too long and are beginning to think alike.
[:D been a long time time since I gave THIS lecture :D]

mattie
01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
There could be instances where this dynamic could apply, but this doesn’t mean it applies in all situations where energies are joined. As we’ve been in an environment where polarity is seen as a given, it can (erroneously) be seen that to amplify power w/ synergy is to also decrease it. This isn’t necessarily so.

It may be a bit more nuanced in that when one actively joins in w/ others in a group energy they may neglect to nurture their own energies, focusing more on the group energy. Both can be done.

norseman
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I have been in groups as described by the OP and in Brain Storming Groups in industry. There is little to differentiate the two, both rely on synergy.

Gracey
01-10-2011, 04:00 PM
i have some experience in synergy, no one lost any "spiritual" ability, but it actually grew due to faith. however we did not bind ourselves to each other either.

mattie
01-10-2011, 07:17 PM
i have some experience in synergy, no one lost any "spiritual" ability, but it actually grew due to faith. however we did not bind ourselves to each other either.

I was curious about what this binding involved.

Gracey
01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
yeah, me too.

John32241
03-10-2011, 01:59 AM
I was curious about what this binding involved.

I suspect that its something the series writers invented to make this program more interesting.

In my view, any group effort does not distract from a person's individual skills or potentials.

John

norseman
03-10-2011, 08:31 AM
In Group Dynamics Theory, there is a feature in differentiating a Group from a Team called Role Assumption where it appears that individuals slot into definite roles within the Team. For example, there will be a Controller [obviously, only one], others might take Resource Investigator roles, others as Team Workers responsible for maintaining Team harmony, others etc, etc. The point is that everyone is taking a prescribed role within the Team appropriate to the Task in HAND - change the task, change the Team roles.
This could be seen as a reduction in individual skills or role limitation.

Now, before you s****** about psycho-babble, I and many others did in-house training for companies in these methods as a side line from formal lecturing.

For all that, I would agree with John on the TV program although forms of binding do exist in Old Craft, not in wicca.

mattie
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
... forms of binding do exist in Old Craft, not in wicca.

Can you describe about the type of binding in 'Old Craft'? This would be interesting to read.

Gracey
04-10-2011, 01:24 AM
I would like to know too if you would like to share.

Medium_Laura
04-10-2011, 02:43 AM
It is as Norseman says. Think of it this way. As one, we can be strong, but bonded together in a collective cause (spells, Occupy Wall street, Save the whales) we become even more powerful. We share and feed off each other's energy.

It's not just a witch thing, but I think we realized it long ago how when we gather together, the power builds :)

patient heart
15-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Been watching too Gracey...i havent cone across it yet...might be made up for show

Occultist
02-01-2012, 05:08 AM
I am a Coven witch I can cast outside my circle but in a sence we are bound sort of an intuition I can tell if someone is sad or calling out I feel for my family and coven but I did drink of there blood and they drank of mine so they will always be a connection but not like in the tv show..