PDA

View Full Version : Hard to Visualize

Michelle
06-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi :)

I've been having a go at meditation but have been advised its best to ground myself first, I was told to imagine and feel roots growing from me into the earth.

For some reason I can see a picture of roots when awake but can't feel them when I meditate :confused: in fact I find it very very hard to visualize anything :icon_frown: Am I doing it wrong? :redface:

Sorry for so many questions :redface:

Michelle xx :hug2:

developing1
06-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Michelle,

all i can say is to keep practicing! it will get easier, just don't give up, try try, try and try again!

best wishes

developing1:hug3: :hug3:

Michelle
06-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi developing :hug2:

Thank you :smile: I suppose I'm running again before I can walk :redface: I just thought I was doing it wrong lol

Weird really because the times I have felt things is when I haven't been concentrating at all, usually its when I've been doing housework :icon_eek:

What is lovely about this forum is there's always someone to give a guiding hand :hug3:

Michelle xx

Bob23
06-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi Michelle,

Let me offer some encouragement here perhaps.

Reading your last post about having things happen when you're not concentrating on having them happen is a very successful meditation.

Sometimes we can concentrate too much on having something happen, but only in a certain way and at a certain time etc., the thing about life is: it simply happens despite the one trying!

Try to imagine that every single thing that happens during the day is simply one long meditation. This can be very powerful for anyone wishing to let go and forget the fact that 'trying' can sometimes have the opposite effect!

Well done and thank you for the reminder!

Bob23.:smile:

Michelle
07-02-2007, 05:27 AM
Hi Bob :hug2:

Your words mean a lot to me, thank you :smile:

For once I am stumped as to know what to say :redface: but I can say I think you have hit the nail on the head regarding my experiences :smile:

I hope what you all have said too can help others who are on the same path as me :)

Thank you again

Michelle xx :hug3:

Bob23
08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Michelle,

You are most welcome.

You are also most welcome to imagine 'meditation' as something which can be as simple as everything that happens from getting up on a morning to eventually falling asleep at night. Herein lies the open secret to what has been labelled 'meditate'.

The thing about formal meditation is, usually, there is someone there trying to gain something from it further down the road in the appearance of time. And the revealing thing is: all of this will happen in the meditation of everyday life anyway!

One is complicated and the other already given.

Injoy,

Michelle
08-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi Bob :hug2:

You know the words I keep saying more and more lately are 'thank you' :smile: I can't believe how much is opening up right now, not just in this thread but also in others, people are mentioning things that I wouldn't have thought anything about had I not read them afterward :smile:

To start with I didn't know what developing meant or how to do any of this and I suppose wanted a step by step guide :redface: this I have been given but not in the way I thought :smile:

Thank you
Michelle xx :)

Bob23
08-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Michelle,

It's funny isn't it, you spend years trying to get to exactly where you already are!:smile:

I think if I could put it into a strategy or technique, it would be getting out of my own way sometimes and just letting the teaching happen as it's always done. Some call it present moment awareness and others call it some other collection of words but, regardless, it's always given to either notice or not notice.

How else could 'freedom' be described?:smile:

Injoy it...it wants to be noticed,

Michelle
09-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks Bob :hug3:

After all what I'd said, this morning I just sat, in total quiet and comfort and felt something I never felt before :D

You were right, I didn't even have to try

Michelle xx :smile: