PDA

View Full Version : Reiki so expensive

IndigoAmber
28-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I have been attuned to reiki level II. I have been wanting to become a reiki master but hate that it costs so much. I also dont really think it's fair that a gift that someone is sharing with the world has such a high price tag.

Does anyone else feel this frustration when it comes to reiki?

When I am able to become a master and pass the symbols I am certain that I will not charge this much to share this healing love with others.

kislany
28-09-2011, 03:02 PM
This is also one reason why I stopped at lvl II. Plus I couldn't find a master to attune me to lvl III/master prac.

I was also frustrated at the time, but then I realized their point of view as well. Considering where it's coming from and how well guarded it all is (and the official word on Reiki is that you can ONLY become attuned by a master practitioner), well there's the concept of scarcity in play which makes it so expensive.

Afterall they say that Reiki is not like any other energy work that can simply be learned from books or videos, you really need that personal attunment from a master. And like everything very valuable, it is also very expensive.

mattie
28-09-2011, 03:40 PM
‘Essential Reiki’ by Dianne Stein discusses how the expensive official certification isn’t necessary. She gives the traditional & modern reiki signs & allot of information.
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Reiki-Complete-Ancient-Healing/dp/0895947366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317223724&sr=8-1

There are 319,000 hits on ‘reiki self attunement’ from an internet search engine.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=reiki+self+attunement&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Some say self attunement is more effective than attunement from others. A very good point about self attunement is that Dr. Mikao Usui self attuned as he invented reiki. If an attunement was necessary from a master, how did he activate?

Have you ever investigated these avenues? Do you believe this is impossible unless you shell out BIG bucks to someone else?

geminilite
28-09-2011, 04:20 PM
have you asked spirit for help with the financial costs?

I know when i wanted to do my reiki 2 and also some other courses i could no where near afford it, so i asked spirit to help me find the money.... one £5,000 cheque 2 weeks later and i was all set to go... since then i have done my reiki 2, hi-ki massage course, indian head massage course and also an emotional healing journey over 3 months , next in line will be my development course and also my hopi ear candle course.... :D

its def worth asking.. as i had asked for some money the year before also and recieved substantial amount of money then too!

good luck !!

iolite
28-09-2011, 05:17 PM
‘Essential Reiki’ by Dianne Stein discusses how the expensive official certification isn’t necessary. She gives the traditional & modern reiki signs & allot of information.
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Reiki-Complete-Ancient-Healing/dp/0895947366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317223724&sr=8-1

There are 319,000 hits on ‘reiki self attunement’ from an internet search engine.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=reiki+self+attunement&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Some say self attunement is more effective than attunement from others. A very good point about self attunement is that Dr. Mikao Usui self attuned as he invented reiki. If an attunement was necessary from a master, how did he activate?

Have you ever investigated these avenues? Do you believe this is impossible unless you shell out BIG bucks to someone else?

This very subject was discussed on a much earlier thread and it got deleted.

Racer X
28-09-2011, 11:44 PM
I have been attuned to reiki level II. I have been wanting to become a reiki master but hate that it costs so much. I also dont really think it's fair that a gift that someone is sharing with the world has such a high price tag.

When I am able to become a master and pass the symbols I am certain that I will not charge this much to share this healing love with others.

No matter what you pay ......no certification is needed to channel Divine Energy.

I have met Reiki Masters who had no ability to heal at all. Who were to consumed by Judgment, for the Divine to FLOW freely. Seek your own DIRECT connection to the Divine and you will not need pay a dime to anyone. A Heart filled with simplicity and Love is worth more to the Creative Force then 1 Million certified Masters of No-thing. :smile:

Trust in the Divine , Trust in Self.......:hug2:

IndigoAmber
29-09-2011, 02:27 AM
No matter what you pay ......no certification is needed to channel Divine Energy.

I have met Reiki Masters who had no ability to heal at all. Who were to consumed by Judgment, for the Divine to FLOW freely. Seek your own DIRECT connection to the Divine and you will not need pay a dime to anyone. A Heart filled with simplicity and Love is worth more to the Creative Force then 1 Million certified Masters of No-thing. :smile:

Thank you. I think that's what I will do.

Lynn
29-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Hello

I have me Reiki Master Level and YES the price was very dear.....but I honour paying that as I so felt the SHIFT in the energies I got in attunements. I feel that there is a lot of personal energy that a GOOD teacher puts forth to the student and that should be honoured.

That said when somoene has done all the WORK and so understands it and feels the energy on a healing level it is OK to trade services with another to get that paper that says certified to practcice. I have done that for one person. He so helped me with some life issues I had that in payment back I certified him but there was WORK he had to do to earn it and condtions he had to really look at before I would . I had to know that he understood the honour I placed on the value of freindship. He did.

If it comes from ones higest and greatest GOOD then that is what truly matters most. I have all the BOOKs on Reiki in the Metaphysical Library I house in me home for a place I belong too.....I have yet to go to any of them.

I would not want SELF certification for me personally but there is always ways around the financial burdens that one faces. Trading services is one way.

Lynn

sunny shine
29-09-2011, 04:02 AM
There are masters who do this as service. I have sent you a private message.

Zagacat
03-10-2011, 03:56 AM
I have gotten addition attunements on Ebay from different masters in different specializations. I got my Iamara reiki (La ho chi) attunement and the likes. You can easily feel the energy and most offer certificates if you want one. I just enjoy the use of the energy. As previous posters have stated, many masters are happy to attune for very little. You just have to search.

butterflyluv
25-10-2011, 01:18 AM
I received my attunements all distantly and they definetly work!!

Lynn
25-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Hello

I have successfully done a Attunement via IM ( Inststand Messanger ) and the individual is very happy and there has been a nice shift in their energy. Acutally in life in gerneral one reports feeling way more calm and acceting of self.

Lynn

pre-dawn
25-10-2011, 03:14 AM
All attunements are ultimately self-attunements. There are 2 reasons for this. The teacher cannot change you, only you can, and the attunement needs to be maintained. While Reiki 'energy' is always everywhere, our alignment with this 'energy' is subject to the usual factors of decay and disintegration. This alignment needs to be managed until it becomes second nature and has embodied itself. This takes years.

The benefit of a having a teacher is to get the philosophical background on which Reiki is based, which makes it easier to maintain one's attunement. However, from what I see on the internet there seems to be only a few people who have grasped the 'idea' of Reiki with all its implications.

Having a person performing the attunement process in front of you also makes it easier for the student to believe that they are attuned, but it says little about their actual attunement.

Of course, Reiki over the internet is talked about in derogatory terms, often by people who have no idea about what it involves and are interpreting everything in a conventional sense (which BTW would be very un-Reiki'ish).

To give you an example, the "You can be a Reiki master in 48 hours" offering. People think that this refers to 48 clock hours. I have had the privilege to look at the teaching material and there is no way one could work through this in 48 clock hours. Therefore, it must refer to a minimum 48 study hours, which is more time than most people spend learning Reiki in a class setting. I also know that the follow up is superb.
Other internet offerings may be in a similar vein.

philji
03-11-2011, 08:48 PM

I agree. We all have an ability to heal and there are ways through prayer and mantra and many more that enable us to be instruments of the divine Shakti... Just tune in....

vulkus
14-11-2011, 05:37 PM

The concept of Reiki 'master' is a misnomer, master implies mastery of a subject. One can not attain mastery by paying a fee and learning a couple of extra symbols. I am Lv2 like most ppl, have studied and practiced for 20+ years I have no interest in Lv3. The other least talked about subject is that Lv2 can do everything a Lv3 can do, all that is different is your given the 'master' symbol. This does not mean you have attained master though, it means you have attained a key. Dr Usui was not taught by human methods nor did he perform Reiki using symbols as we do today.
Modern Reiki is a construct.
The whole point of charging a high price is to keep 'unfit' individuals out of the stream. It also is an Eastern concept similar to tything. The cost is irrelevant, what is relevant is your dedication to the art.

Lynn
14-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Hello

I struggle with the "term" master but too its is a common word used now days lost much of the power standing it once had.

I honestly feel that if one is NOT fit to do the art of Reiki that no matter what one is given in symbols or payed for the teachings it will NOT serve them in any possitive way. It is through one's intentions that one does healing work.....and if those intentions are wrong Guides I feel do shut one down.

For me the desire to have "certification" was one of pure intentions.....so that I could cover places insurance requirements that I had some trainning background and I had taken on the expense and time to learn what I was doing . YES it comes from me in the higest good that I hold in me very Soul and I know well if I was not using it so Karma has a bite to it. I wanted to be certified as I have been asked over the year's to help one's in their finaly hours of life....in bringing in maybe some peace but the Hospice House wanted certification from me. So not a big deal I honoured that and did the certifications. I must admit there was a great shift in me. I feel it was a blessing I was given. Being a Medium I can add that comfort that there is someone there for them waiting when one goes.

Lynn

Mantra
16-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi there you all!! :hug2:

Well, what I think about self attunements is, that it doen´t work unless someone has stored that attunement for you into "the cosmic healing bank" and that way, you may call that Attunement down to you at your own spare time, now That will work!!

Secondly,... about Reiki being too co$tly! That I find truthful too but there´s an alternative to that cost problem and that would be, to get yourself attuned into to for Free of charge or another solution would be, to get yourself attuned into Kundalini-Reiki because it´s first degree or Level 1 is as strong as all of the Usui Reiki Levels together with the masters included

and thirdly, once you are in K-Reiki attuned, you may just as well use the Usui Symbols in it, and That works perfectly too!

I´ve attuned my mother into K-Reiki and then I´ve told her that I´d be getting myself also additionaly attuned into Usui Reiki, showing to her the Reiki symbols, drawing them down for her.

On the next occasion with´ve meet, she said, that she also used the Reiki symbols with and without the K-Reiki energy by just drawing them into the air with her Hand palm, because that´s the way it´s done and not with the finger/s, but you may do it the way you think it may best work for you.

So that means, that Usui Reiki isn´t anymore so expensive for one as long as one gets attuned into K-Reiki and as long as one knows how the Usui Reiki symbols are to be drawn in the air, everything´s fine.

You may even get yourself attuned into Kundalini Reiki, Gold Reiki, Ethereal Crystals and Tacyon Reiki - all at no cost - and some of the best, most informative books and ebooks around.
Site: "xehupatl.com"

That site seems to be for now under constructione but at least I´ve got my Attunements from that site free of charge and there are a few more other sites on the internet, when you ask the right questiones, you´ll find the right sites! :hug3:

vulkus
24-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Every other version of Reiki IMO is naught but a construct of human interference and pollution of the original stream.
Reiki by its very nature, already works with and on all chakral levels. In all energy mediums. There is no need for an outside agency such as humanity to further pollute it by adding extra terms, other directions.

But it is human nature to want to 'own' something, to put your mark on it.
I could by this reasoning, add esoterica to the mix, and a bit of mediumship and come up with the name Nocturna Reiki. It would be just as false IMO as every other polluted stream.

pre-dawn
24-11-2011, 05:08 AM
But it is human nature to want to 'own' something, to put your mark on it.
I could by this reasoning, add esoterica to the mix, and a bit of mediumship and come up with the name Nocturna Reiki. It would be just as false IMO as every other polluted stream.
If it is human nature then should one not accommodate it?

Isn't the question really whether the add on really adds something useful rather than something detracting to the original content?

vulkus
24-11-2011, 08:30 AM
If it is human nature then should one not accommodate it?
It is in our nature to murder, kill and rape each other too. But that does not mean we should.

Isn't the question really whether the add on really adds something useful rather than something detracting to the original content?
What can you possibly add that would be more useful than Reiki itself? A new handle to grip it perhaps, or possibly a new way of using something that by its very nature is intrinsic to every human being.

A peaceful mind.
24-11-2011, 08:56 AM

I took Reki I and was told to follow specific ways to put your hands and so one. Well it was great to try something new. Then the second day I tried to heal the way I use too; I closed my hands on the person I were to heal and made a silent prayer to the master above me, emptied my mind disappeared In time and turned myself into a open channel . White energy flowed through me into the person in front of me and she was surprised. She felt great and wanted to know how I did that. Then I had to explain myself to the teacher and the students there.

The best way to heal is not always to follow what others say, try to experiment try to listen to what you higher self says or your gut say. Some use an emphatic way - let their feelings guide them and this way can be great too.

I am a master I don’t need to take Reki 1 2 3 and so one to be a master, do what you feel is right If it’s the price that is to high don’t do it.
Tray to be the healer you want to be, a healer that you can relate to, The healer that you are.

Peace and love to you all

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Perfect Storm
24-11-2011, 11:25 AM
i found a mini e-book about this above. You do not need a reiki master to attune you. As they say they are only channels.

I read in this book that you only need request an attunement from God/Higer Self etc.

I tried this for a Reiju and i certainly felt a response.

pre-dawn
24-11-2011, 12:48 PM
It is in our nature to murder, kill and rape each other too. But that does not mean we should. You seem to have a very dark view what human nature consists of. An almost Christian view :icon_eek:

A peaceful mind.
24-11-2011, 07:45 PM
i found a mini e-book about this above. You do not need a reiki master to attune you. As they say they are only channels.

I read in this book that you only need request an attunement from God/Higer Self etc.

I tried this for a Reiju and i certainly felt a response.

There are many ways to heal, Reki is one of them. You can heal without the use of Reki, Reki is not a must if you want to learn to heal.

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Perfect Storm
24-11-2011, 10:34 PM
i think if your starting out its a good way, just know you dont have to follow it rule for rule

pre-dawn
25-11-2011, 04:08 AM

I tried this for a Reiju and i certainly felt a response. Do you belief anything and everything you come across on the internet?

As peaceful mind says, you can heal without being attuned to Reiki, but if you want do to Reiki in the world's eyes, you must be attuned by a master, in person or at a distance. Today, though not necessarily in the past, it is a requirement in earthly terms.

It has nothing to do with the energy itself but with educational and development structure of Reiki as it is today. To demonstrate that one has followed this path is the only purpose of a certificate.
Edit: It is for this reason that one should always get a certificate even if the attunement is for free. Certificates usually incur some fee and should either be serial numbered for tracking purposes, or contain unique identifying information about the person. Just stating the name is not good enough! The validity of the certificate must be verifiable in one way of another.

Reiki certificates are not certificates of competency, but more like certificates of attendance. Having attended a course, or an educational path in this case, does not mean that one has actually learned something.

blue*eyed*wolf
25-11-2011, 04:28 AM
Hi every one

There are kindly reiki masters out there who do gift some levels of reiki for a souls highest and greatest good.

And I assure you it was received with great feelings of honor.:angel5: :angel5: :angel5:

vulkus
25-11-2011, 09:35 AM
You seem to have a very dark view what human nature consists of. An almost Christian view :icon_eek:
hahah.. how funny, should I have said, it is in our nature to help animals and care for our environment. But then I would be labelled a greenie.
I would think many of the xtians of this board would argue otherwise.

vulkus
25-11-2011, 09:36 AM
There are many ways to heal, Reki is one of them. You can heal without the use of Reki, Reki is not a must if you want to learn to heal.

Yours

A Peaceful Mind
I have found Reiki is a good way to exapand upon your normal energy channels to accept a greater volume.

Perfect Storm
25-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I have found Reiki is a good way to exapand upon your normal energy channels to accept a greater volume.

Indeed - not everyone wants or needs to have a certificate to state ' i did this.. see?'.

If you are new to it (as I was) - reiki is a great way to start as the processes and teaching help you to understand.

You can move on after that.

shifty123
28-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Im a reiki master. The whole thing cost 100.00. That's not too expensive for me.

misscelt
08-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I have done all 4 levels of training and it DID cost a goodly amount, but it was well worth it to me.

Kristin050585
08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
So far mine have not cost me anything. I am a level 2. I have paid for other attunements but even they haven't been too bad.

Skybird
08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi every one

There are kindly reiki masters out there who do gift some levels of reiki for a souls highest and greatest good.

And I assure you it was received with great feelings of honor.:angel5: :angel5: :angel5:

{{huggles}}

A peaceful mind.
08-12-2011, 10:31 PM

I agree that Reiki is a good way to expand the chi flow through your system.

.. And yes I have found the use of Reiki to be quite useful combined with my own ways.