PDA

View Full Version : Love.

Rememoration
28-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Love, the formula of Joy, the sweat-breaking, yet explainable ,enjoyable feeling of life. We all desire love, we all thirst for it. Whether it be from a relationship, from a parent, from the joy of living itself. I can't come to words with how love impacts our everything.
Our soul, mind, and being quench for it, and once we have it we quench for more. Making a routine-like day appear so blessing. I could have never wrapped myself around the concept that love was so easily assailable before, but just expressing it was all I needed.
Love is the utter-most important compound in becoming a more spiritual person.
Entwining your soul with only thoughts of goodness and love is caressing to the thought.
I've recently gotten a pet, a baby kitten. I almost immediately fell in love with it. Sounds a little feminine, but I just can't help but to love the little guy. So much so, that just coming home to feed it is the spotlight of my day. xP

How has love made a difference in the way you enjoy life?

zipzip
28-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Hey Rem,

very nice, inspiring post.

Yes, love is a great feeling. When I see the world with compassion, I feel much better, more positive and it reflects back at me. Makes the day go much nicer.

zipzip

surrendertotheflow
28-09-2011, 02:12 AM
When you feel love, it's as if the entire world is smiling back at you. And I don't mean those rare people who smile back at you on the streets, I mean EVERYTHING, the entire world. The trees are smiling, the wind is smiling, the meal you are eating is smiling. Love = Smiles :color:

Xan
28-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Love is the utter-most important compound in becoming a more spiritual person.

Yes... and kittens are great for that.

Xan

moke64916
28-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Love is everything to me. With love comes all positive feelings. Love heals. Love is forgiving, non-judgemental, emathetic, etc. A touch of love can change someone's life forever.

Humm
28-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Children are created out of people just as people were created out of the earth just as the earth was created out of the cosmos just as the cosmos was created out of...

Our function as lovers and creators is identically congruent with the love and creation which characterizes the entire universe. We are an expression of that same energy, so it is in the widest expression of that energy that I find we best fulfill our potential.

In my experience I have found that love is very poorly understood, and romantic love even more so. In my mind, love and creation are inextricably intertwined. I believe the drive for Expression is more basic than sex, even more basic than survival - it is exactly the universal-creative-expression drive that survival derives from. It is the force that causes the baby to take it's first breath, the foal to take it's first step, the sprout to open it's leaves toward the waiting sun - these are all expressions of it as an organism, and to deny them that expression would be to kill them.

Love is the Reason, Creation is the Way, Expression is the means.

This LOVE principle I feel is innate to existence and so manifests naturally through our consciousness - though obviously we can 'express' as much horror and mischief as positive manifestations by perverting this natural creative force, Free Will being one more proof of God's infinite Love. Our own personal creative expression is just another manifestation of this force - as is everything in the universe.

Smiler
28-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi Rem

What a beautiful thread ..

To me
Love ..only the essence of it can be capture in writing..In a single moment there is a lifetime of Joy .

I have known a person many many years ..this person thought love could be brought..In a single moment recently this person demonstrated love by an action ..( that action moved my soul and touched my heart deeply).
Next time I saw this person ..I asked about that moment ..the person out of fear or for some reason known only to them ..retracted on that action.

My heart felt sad ..beyond what I can express here..We discussed this together ..the person wanted to repeat the same action ..I said No ..its Gone.
The person offered me many things ..I said No ..its okay ..u don't understand...It was a gentle communication.

This week I saw this person again ..In a single moment ..the cross the person wore from the persons long deceased dad was removed and given to me ..unconditionally

..I said No I cant ..the gesture is enough ..Thankyou so so much

The person said Yes you can

I said I cant ..the person said you can ..

I said I wll give it back when I feel it

The person said No ..wear it and know I love you ..One day I will ask for it back.

I am wearing it.

Unconditional love ...is the top of the world to me...

That action surmounted any I have ever bore witness too.

I am signing this reply off with

****** GROUP HUG******

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to all

:)

Rememoration
29-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Unconditional love ...is the top of the world to me...

I conform with that, I'm sure everyone's living for love and only love.
It is the only feeling that can assimilate to the feeling of oneness.

PaulChapmanTasmania
03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Love is the ability to understand what anothers needs are and the intention to fulfil those needs above and beyond your own needs.
This requires you to 'know' the "other" as yourself.
This emulates the core-spiritual principle "Love thy friend as thyself".

It is not simply being nice and kind to others, or finding ecstatic joy in a sunset, or anothers actions, it involves the scrutiny of ones inner motives and intentions, the reason why one feels, what one believes, how ones environment effects one.
It envolves the slow but steady discovery that one is an egotistical beast :wink: intent only on finding pleasure for oneself, when this begins to become evident, then the first principle: Dont do anything to another that you wouldnt like yourself ......... starts to reveal itself ........ Then the journey begins in discovering how difficult this can be ......... etc, etc.

What i witness, descriptions of love, are basically the nice, cooey feelings that are a response to a certain external stimuli. i would go further and say that these are not love but acts of self gratification, in other words it makes YOU feel good, which is the antithesis of the force called LOVE.

Having said all that being in JOY is evidence that one is in LOVE.

Which for me, being far removed from the sensation of joy in the work, I ask ......... god help me then (lol) :hug:

eyalec
03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Love is a powerful healer, holding the essence of happiness. No doubt that animals are amazing creatures that take out the best of us.

Rememoration
03-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Love is the ability to understand what anothers needs are and the intention to fulfil those needs above and beyond your own needs.
This requires you to 'know' the "other" as yourself.
This emulates the core-spiritual principle "Love thy friend as thyself".

It is not simply being nice and kind to others, or finding ecstatic joy in a sunset, or anothers actions, it involves the scrutiny of ones inner motives and intentions, the reason why one feels, what one believes, how ones environment effects one.
It envolves the slow but steady discovery that one is an egotistical beast :wink: intent only on finding pleasure for oneself, when this begins to become evident, then the first principle: Dont do anything to another that you wouldnt like yourself ......... starts to reveal itself ........ Then the journey begins in discovering how difficult this can be ......... etc, etc.

What i witness, descriptions of love, are basically the nice, cooey feelings that are a response to a certain external stimuli. i would go further and say that these are not love but acts of self gratification, in other words it makes YOU feel good, which is the antithesis of the force called LOVE.

Having said all that being in JOY is evidence that one is in LOVE.

Which for me, being far removed from the sensation of joy in the work, I ask ......... god help me then (lol) :hug:
I'll conform with the Idea that Man is egotistic. It has been proven that man is selfish instinctively, innately, by nature.
But, your soul and spirit thrive for it, so how could Humans simply just want self pleasure?
Sure, the hormones in your body stimulate the feelings of being in love, which in hand are pleasurable . Although they are pleasurable, the feelings of love towards another person are undeniable.
I believe love can not be underestimated, it does great things.

I love the way you think about it, though. It makes you think.

PaulChapmanTasmania
03-10-2011, 10:36 PM
But, your soul and spirit thrive for it, so how could Humans simply just want self pleasure? Pleasure is life. It is the constant universal force called LOVE. However our corporeal reality confuses the language that we use to describe spiritual states.

Love is the force of bestowal - the constant awe received force of pleasure/light in order to benefit the whole.

Love in this world always has a trade of, something gained in return. Human naure is governed by the formula, least amount of effort for greatest amount of gain.......... the producer would like to get paid for their products without giving them away, the purchaser would like to get the products for free.

even when we feel we are giving there is always a clause in there that says giving in this instance is more profitable that not giving. A person who remains in an abusive relationship stays because the psyche tells it it is more profitable to remain.

Sure, the hormones in your body stimulate the feelings of being in love, which in hand are pleasurable . Although they are pleasurable, the feelings of love towards another person are undeniable.

I hear what your saying, and I have and do feel what you describe above, however what distinguishes these feelings of love from hormonal stimulation?
This world is full of peoples who have loved another with great intensity only to separate in hatred. Love is not a transient force, it is constant.

The transition from the corporeal perception of Love to a spiritual sensation/intention of LOVE is when LOVE becomes a force that can be sensed ........... And initially LOVE is felt like death as it obliges one to remove oneself from the equation.