PDA

View Full Version : Negative synchronicity?

Emmalevine
26-09-2011, 09:51 AM
I could cry...this is a sure sign of how fixating on something can manifest it :icon_frown:

Over the last couple of days I've been aware of a lot of spiders in my garden. I have a tree and they all hang from that on their webs A few days ago there was a biggon in my lounge as well but as it was in the corner of the room and downstairs I didn't mind it. However, yesterday in the garden I felt very on edge cos there were so many spiders and I was particularly aware of trying to avoid them. I'm not really a spider phobic but I'm quite fearful anyway at the moment and I guess it translated into this. I could see them everywhere. I noticed the one from the lounge had gone and I was paranoid about it, looking for it everywhere. In addition to this, my son's carer came yesterday morning and happened to point out the large number of spiders on the bush outside my house.

Then...I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone yesterday and the conversation turned to our sleeping habits. I told him that occasionally when I'm ill or stressed I start to imagine insects on my body and I leap out of bed trying to fight them off. We laughed.

Just before going to bed I picked up my wildlife magazine for the first time in ages and happened to see a letter from someone who is spider phobic. I didn't purposefully set out to read it - I just saw it randomly.

I lay in bed in the dark and for some reason started to think about psychic dreams and attacks. My mind went back to a horrible dream I'd had in the past and started to try and figure it out. I have no idea why but I felt really on edge.

I am dealing with a lot of angst and conflict in my life at the moment and am finding it hard to let go.

The point of this post is, I felt a tickle on my body but thought I'd imagined it. I also felt this earlier when on my computer but decided I'd imagined it. Then, at nearly 1am this morning I felt an unmistakable crawling sensation (not the pleasant kind). I gave a shriek, leapt up and a black blob went flying. I turned the light on and a massive, I mean MASSIVE, black hairy spider ran, RAN across my bed. I was so terrified I couldn't believe my eyes! It went under my bed in a flash. I;'m shivering typing this....I can't tell you how freaked I was.

I went into my son's bed shaking and shivering (he's at his dads I have to add). Then I started to cry. It struck me how paranoid I've been about spiders and also about fear and attacks, so much conflict and feeling unable to let go, all those spiders around...and guess what, i manifest one on me.

It's all my fault, right?

:icon_frown:

Medium_Laura
26-09-2011, 10:24 AM
The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior.

spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You may feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you.

I don't really care for them either and it's probably why I own 3 cats. (They eat them lol).

in progress
26-09-2011, 11:48 AM
This is not a negative synchronicity, just synchronicity. This is not your fault but you simply trying to help you clear something. See how you say at the end how it struck you how paranoid you are about fear and (fear of) attacks? You became more fully aware of something that is being asked to be cleared.

Now you're running into something I do ALL THE TIME(!) and that's going into victim mode! You are letting your mind control the situation by creating all kinds of stories that give away your power.

Yet again one of your posts is a synchronicity for me because I was just thinking about this and came here to post a question on another thread asking how to stop the reaction/victim mode when I become aware of it. I have plenty momentum of energy and emotion behind it even when I become aware of it and still continue to act out in my mind that way anyway! I seem reluctant to give it up quite yet. That's what you are dealing with too. Sometimes I just feel like falling into a little boneless puddle and saying, "Whatever! Do your best! I give up!!" Nothing like a little self pity to add the cherry on top. Which reminds me I also need to work on self compassion. Something you should consider giving yourself too.

Anyway, there you go, from one work-in-progress to another. I wish I had helpful hints for you but I'm still in the midst of it myself!

I can give you some encouragement though. From my own personal experience a lot of the work is done subconsciously. I have cleared huge chunks of things w/o even knowing how I did it! I've had dreams show me huge clearing has occurred and then I feel it the next day. You will notice, at least temporarily, a lightness in your body/mind/emotions when you do. You will feel physically better. You will be able to let things go that has always bothered you in the past. You will feel greater peace and will be better able to observe rather than react. You will be surprised. I will feel these things for awhile and then lose some of them again as more comes up to clear but some of them stay and become gradually better.

I get too impatient. I've noticed most of the results of clearing this year. I've cleared more this year than the rest of my entire life combined and yet it's not happening fast enough! ;-)

Emmalevine
26-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks a lot both of you! Laura yes all the spider symbolism makes sense to where I am at the moment. I can see why I receieved such a message. In Progress your post is great thanks, I resonate on so many levels! Yes I struggle with victim thinking and also with having compassion for self. When you say something is being cleared, do you mean this situation (with spider) manifested itself as a way of removing the fear from my system? Thanks for sharing your healing experiences, they are indeed very encouraging and probably just what i need to hear at this time too.

in progress
26-09-2011, 08:53 PM
When you say something is being cleared, do you mean this situation (with spider) manifested itself as a way of removing the fear from my system?
It's showing you it's there. It's making you aware of something you don't like and would want to change if you knew about it. A lot of times we don't even realize for years we are stuck in the mud, doing something not realizing it causes us pain. Have you ever noticed that? Don't you see other people doing it?

As far as clearing it, don't judge it. It is what it is. It's the result of past trauma of some sort and there is a fear it will happen again or is some emotion that was stuffed down instead of being felt. So now is the time to feel it, don't label it as being the result of this or that experience (you may limit your clearing to just that instead of allowing more). Accept it and realize how it has served you. Your ego is often trying to keep you safe from things it has made up! Then let it go by telling it thanks but you don't need that help anymore. By doing this you are seeing it from a higher perspective and not from the perspective of a victim.

This is just one way. There are all kinds of ways to clear. Try them. See what you like. I think the most important part is the intention to clear which will be there.

Natalia
26-09-2011, 09:40 PM
This entire post resonates with me. Especially this part posted by In Progress - "or is some emotion that was stuffed down instead of being felt"

Spiders were around at the time and there i was looking them up as totems lol.
Do you ever find that when you start looking in the right direction everything flows?
I feel lighter already and many posts have valuable insights.

Deusdrum
26-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I think bringing this up is important. I have definitely experienced 'negative' synchronicity. Too often it is associated with messages from angels, and everything good and happy, which is fine and a nice way to think of it actually. But there are times on the darker side of life or subjects that come up that may also be in the interest of learning, that speak to the interconnectivity of the whole spectrum from positive to negative. I like what inprogess said about not judging it.

Everything may be brought to light, even that which goes bump in the night. It may mean more or less that you are psychically attuned to the situation. What lesson does it hold for you? What is it trying to get across? These are important questions to ask i think. What is the meaning of it. I guess that sort of was your original question anyways lol to which i answer i don't know, but i'm sure there's something to it. Don't be afraid, but do what you feel is necessary and trust there is a way to come through to understand what it is all about.

Love the responses already too. Take mine with a grain of salt. Spiders kind of freak me out as well, but i have gotten used to them more now so that i don't even bother putting some in the house outside anymore because i am too lazy lol i just let them scurry to wherever and hope they keep away from my room. The worst in when you put on clothes in the morning and you feel a little crawly bug in there. Anyways, now im just rambling.

Deusdrum
27-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Everything may be brought to light, even that which goes bump in the night

Hey, i like that. Total unintentional line of poetry.

Natalia
27-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Hey, i like that. Total unintentional line of poetry.
Awesome, I like that too.

Now i'll be checking my clothes too!

Great post thought. It's definitely not always about the roses and daises and all the good stuff. Will be times to listen to what is speaking to us even when it appears negative. It's best to view the negative to learn from instead of passing it off or ignoring it. Either way it doesn't make it go away i think...if anything it will pop up in another form somehow.

Deusdrum
27-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Awesome, I like that too.

Now i'll be checking my clothes too!

Great post thought. It's definitely not always about the roses and daises and all the good stuff. Will be times to listen to what is speaking to us even when it appears negative. It's best to view the negative to learn from instead of passing it off or ignoring it. Either way it doesn't make it go away i think...if anything it will pop up in another form somehow.
Yes true. I killed a spider recently by accident. A big one, i was just trying to move its web back which kinda infringed upon my outside chair where i smoke, just trying to move him back a bit by cutting off a strand, and he fell right out the middle of his web. Felt bad about that one. Don't think he made it, hit the deck pretty hard.

Natalia
27-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Awww....poor spidey.

I have a sad spider story too but i feel pretty horrible about it. Still attending counseling therapy over it....no im joking. BUT i do feel horrible because she had little babies she were carrying on her back that i wasn't aware of until after.

Emmalevine
27-09-2011, 06:46 PM
It's showing you it's there. It's making you aware of something you don't like and would want to change if you knew about it. A lot of times we don't even realize for years we are stuck in the mud, doing something not realizing it causes us pain. Have you ever noticed that? Don't you see other people doing it?

As far as clearing it, don't judge it. It is what it is. It's the result of past trauma of some sort and there is a fear it will happen again or is some emotion that was stuffed down instead of being felt. So now is the time to feel it, don't label it as being the result of this or that experience (you may limit your clearing to just that instead of allowing more). Accept it and realize how it has served you. Your ego is often trying to keep you safe from things it has made up! Then let it go by telling it thanks but you don't need that help anymore. By doing this you are seeing it from a higher perspective and not from the perspective of a victim.

This is just one way. There are all kinds of ways to clear. Try them. See what you like. I think the most important part is the intention to clear which will be there.

Thanks so much, that's really helpful :hug3:

Emmalevine
27-09-2011, 06:47 PM
This entire post resonates with me. Especially this part posted by In Progress - "or is some emotion that was stuffed down instead of being felt"

Spiders were around at the time and there i was looking them up as totems lol.
Do you ever find that when you start looking in the right direction everything flows?
I feel lighter already and many posts have valuable insights.

Yes, I have definitely experienced times of flow and times where things feel 'stuck.'

Emmalevine
27-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I think bringing this up is important. I have definitely experienced 'negative' synchronicity. Too often it is associated with messages from angels, and everything good and happy, which is fine and a nice way to think of it actually. But there are times on the darker side of life or subjects that come up that may also be in the interest of learning, that speak to the interconnectivity of the whole spectrum from positive to negative. I like what inprogess said about not judging it.

Everything may be brought to light, even that which goes bump in the night. It may mean more or less that you are psychically attuned to the situation. What lesson does it hold for you? What is it trying to get across? These are important questions to ask i think. What is the meaning of it. I guess that sort of was your original question anyways lol to which i answer i don't know, but i'm sure there's something to it. Don't be afraid, but do what you feel is necessary and trust there is a way to come through to understand what it is all about.

Love the responses already too. Take mine with a grain of salt. Spiders kind of freak me out as well, but i have gotten used to them more now so that i don't even bother putting some in the house outside anymore because i am too lazy lol i just let them scurry to wherever and hope they keep away from my room. The worst in when you put on clothes in the morning and you feel a little crawly bug in there. Anyways, now im just rambling.

Great input, thanks. I am trying not to judge myself and accept it's all happening for a purpose!