PDA

View Full Version : Consciousness Drives the Universe

illusion
25-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Great YouTube video:

Consciousness Drives the Universe

http://youtu.be/y9bVd3BspIQ

A partial transcript:

"Tonight's talk is consciousness, creativity, and the brain.

If you have a golf-ball sized consciousness, when you read a book, you'll have a golf-ball sized understanding. When you look out, a golf-ball sized awareness. And when you wake up in the morning, a golf-ball sized wakefulness. But if you could expand that consciousness, then you read the book… more understanding. You look out… more awareness. And when you wake up... more wakefulness.

It's consciousness. And there's an ocean of pure vibrant consciousness inside each one of us. And it's right at the source and base of mind, right at the source of thought, and it's also at the source of all matter."

"There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration, and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. The mind is the matrix of all matter."

"Matter seems like a good place to begin. The solidity of the world seems totally indisputable. As a fixed thing that you can see and touch, your body is also reassuringly solid. But beginning with Einstein, modern physics has assured us that this solidity is a mirage."

"All of physical matter, everything we have around us, is the result of a frequency. And what that also means is, if you amplify the frequency the structure of the matter will change."

lots more in the video. beautiful and worth a watch!

Enlightener
25-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks Illusion, I'll watch it tomorrow :smile:

Humm
25-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I would say consciousness informs the universe.

Love drives the universe.

rajakrsna
25-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Great YouTube video:

Consciousness Drives the Universe

http://youtu.be/y9bVd3BspIQ

A partial transcript:

"Tonight's talk is consciousness, creativity, and the brain.

If you have a golf-ball sized consciousness, when you read a book, you'll have a golf-ball sized understanding. When you look out, a golf-ball sized awareness. And when you wake up in the morning, a golf-ball sized wakefulness. But if you could expand that consciousness, then you read the book… more understanding. You look out… more awareness. And when you wake up... more wakefulness.

It's consciousness. And there's an ocean of pure vibrant consciousness inside each one of us. And it's right at the source and base of mind, right at the source of thought, and it's also at the source of all matter."

"There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration, and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. The mind is the matrix of all matter."

"Matter seems like a good place to begin. The solidity of the world seems totally indisputable. As a fixed thing that you can see and touch, your body is also reassuringly solid. But beginning with Einstein, modern physics has assured us that this solidity is a mirage."

"All of physical matter, everything we have around us, is the result of a frequency. And what that also means is, if you amplify the frequency the structure of the matter will change."

lots more in the video. beautiful and worth a watch!

Question: How many drivers therefore drives the universe. Only one? Oh Come on. I was not born yesterday.

jorddy
26-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Illusion,
Thanks so much for sharing that video - I completely agree, Its really inspirational and eye opening!

illusion
26-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Question: How many drivers therefore drives the universe. Only one? Oh Come on. I was not born yesterday.

"consciousness" can refer to your and my consciousness, or to the consciousness of God. Whatever you prefer. I believe we live in a world of thought-forms. that we ourselves are thought-forms. whose thoughts? that's a mystery I don't think I could answer.

Miran
28-09-2011, 07:01 AM
It's impossible to tell whether conciousness effects the universe, as if we were unable to observe.. It would be impossible to tell if anything happens at all.

Enlightener
28-09-2011, 10:44 AM
That really doesn't make much sense, Miran.

There are many studies that have been done in terms of affecting the universe with one's own thoughts. My own experience speaks to me, in that I can affect the universe with what I am.

It's impossible to tell if anything happens at all?