PDA

View Full Version : Does IQ have deeper meaning?

Makoorakoo
02-02-2007, 09:02 AM
hi all,
I wonder if the IQ has a deeper meaning to its conclusions. Perhaps there shouls be different types of IQ e.g. scientific IQ, spiritual IQ, mechanical IQ etc.

What is everyones view on this?

love and blessings to all

ljepotica
02-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello M!

I often wonder myself at IQ...I mean what is it actually meant to signify?

IQ seems related to cold logic and you cannot judge/label a person through just only logic.

IQ is based culturally and emphasis seems to be on speed and my question is why is there such a hige obsession with speed? How does speed measure someones abilities?
Remember: QUALITY not quantitiy...and IQ quantifies and you cannot judge a person by his/her "quantity" it's ridiculous...

IMNSHO: I think IQ is waste of time and very unfair and should not be used-some cultures do not place emphasis or importance on speed-does that mean that they have a low level of intelligence?

Again I ask what is intelligence and also what is intellect?
Who quantifies the IQ levels of people?
Whose idea was it to create IQ and WHY?

Why are humans obssesed with putting themselves in "boxes" and testing themselves?

Ok not making sense here...sorry will stop and might come back to go off again!

Very interesting and good question Makoorakoo!!

Ascended Master
08-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Hello M!

I often wonder myself at IQ...I mean what is it actually meant to signify?

Hi ljepotica

Perhaps IQ signifies clarity of any description?!

Interesting thread...

AM

VelocityKendo
08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
IQ = Intelligence Quotient

I took an IQ test some years ago, IQ TEST WISC IV TYPE.. Gauss curve et caetera.. The different parts of the IQ test were: logic, verbal, memory, observation and finally, general knowledge. It does have a deeper meaning, actually, not only does it show the intelligence, but also the TYPE of intelligence. It shows HOW the person who takes it thinks.

tiltjlp
08-02-2007, 10:33 PM
IQ = Intelligence Quotient

I have taken an IQ test some years ago, IQ TEST WISC IV TYPE.. Gauss curve et caetera.. The different parts of the IQ test were: logic, verbal, memory, observation and finally, general knowledge. It does have a deeper meaning, actually, not only does it show the intelligence, but also the TYPE of intelligence. It shows HOW the person who takes it thinks.

VelocityKendo has nailed it, from what I remember from my friendship years ago with a social servies couscilor. Seems like IQ tests also measures how we process both knowledge and information, which supposedly aren't exactly the same thing.

John

Ascended Master
14-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Sometimes I think the intelligent people are the ones who purposely remain oblivious!

AM

tiltjlp
14-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Sometimes I think the intelligent people are the ones who purposely remain oblivious!

AM

I have remained oblivious by choice, not by purpose!

John

peteyzen
15-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I have remained oblivious by necessity (quite thick really)

My take on it is this, our goal is to approach divinity in this life, to return home by conscious effort, spiritual endeavour etc., We are given certain tools, faculties, we need to make the best of them, to grow mentally and ensure our physical state is as good as can be, with these in place it is possible to focus better, to work easier and so to grow. If one has a high IQ, then this should be a positive tool to aid you through life. But thats all it is , a tool, one of many.
If the balance of your being is lost and one identifies too strongly with the IQ it can become a blockage to spiritual growth, the ego will use it to create difficulties. If however the IQ is balanced with humility and love, if the ego is controlled by meditation and spiritual practices then a very powerful spiritual warrior is created.

Good thread I like this one.
Love and light Peteyzen

Ascended Master
15-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I have remained oblivious by choice, not by purpose!

John

lol, clearly a wise man! :D

Ascended Master
15-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I have remained oblivious by necessity (quite thick really)

My take on it is this, our goal is to approach divinity in this life, to return home by conscious effort, spiritual endeavour etc., We are given certain tools, faculties, we need to make the best of them, to grow mentally and ensure our physical state is as good as can be, with these in place it is possible to focus better, to work easier and so to grow. If one has a high IQ, then this should be a positive tool to aid you through life. But thats all it is , a tool, one of many.
If the balance of your being is lost and one identifies too strongly with the IQ it can become a blockage to spiritual growth, the ego will use it to create difficulties. If however the IQ is balanced with humility and love, if the ego is controlled by meditation and spiritual practices then a very powerful spiritual warrior is created.

Good thread I like this one.
Love and light Peteyzen

Excellent input!

Love and light :smile:

AM

PS, necessity is my excuse too! lol

~Jay~
18-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes, I especially liked this bit:

Lovely stuff! :smile:

Dariel
21-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi all,

Interesting thread.
I have not been thinking about this too much, as the fact is the higher the logical thinking level is, the more difficult it is on spiritual path as it has to be turned off and let things go without analyzing.

But I think there is some kind of intelligence related to spiritual growth, which is divine intelligence. It is something which is one's use when able to connect to the spirit and let it work through a person. However I am not able to speak from experience as I have not been thinking or monitoring this. But if you think about some hightly evolved spiritual person, they seem to be intelligent as well, which I think is coming through higher sources.

If we think about the ET races which have developed in love, they also have techonogy higher than we have, which have to mean they do have higher IQ to make these things. But on the other hand thinking about humans here on planet earth, with too high IQ we would have killed ourselves and blown this planet up while making more effective weapons. So I guess high intelligence requires certain level of concsiousness to be able to handle the responsibility and to use if for love actions.

This was something just popping into mind, not saying I am right, just thought flow :)

Love and light
Dariel

Ascended Master
22-02-2007, 12:09 AM
This was something just popping into mind, not saying I am right, just thought flow :)

Legendary thought flow at that! :D
Good work Dariel! Very clever information! If it is ok to say so!
Love and light,
AM

Light House
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey there. Just want to tag in a few clarifications about IQ, because I think people might be confusing it with intelligence.

IQs (intelligence quotients) are theoretically supposed to measure intelligence, but they're not a perfect measure. And they only really measures how well you take intelligence tests.

Psychologists debate quite a bit about whether or not this type of testing is valid. There are dozens of types of IQ tests and intelligence tests and other ways to quantify how smart someone is, but nobody (within psychology) agrees about how this should be approached.

Most IQ tests (notably the the Stamford-Binet if I recall correctly) calculate your IQ by comparing your answers to other people's answers. If have an IQ of 100, it means you scored perfectly average. A High IQ only means that you scored higher than the other people of your age who took the test that year.

Certainly there are types of intelligence which are not and could not be measured by tests. I just get worried when people refer to IQ like it's a real thing you can point to in someone's brain. Intelligence is just a construct - an idea which is made up of a lot of smaller things.

Light House