PDA

View Full Version : Burned it-


johnatre
20-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Last night, I burned some mint and let the smoke cover my fields (I live on a farm <3 nature) and then I felt like my mind was exploding, like someone needed my help and was screaming for me but I couldn't help, this feeling got so strong I puked, and I felt a presence with me (neither good nor bad; just something there with me) - Did burning the mint and having a simple prayer or conversation with Goddess what caused this or is it just something else completely?

Lostgirl
20-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Just had a look in some of my books. Mint has long been used in healiong potions and used in healing mixtures. It was thought that rubbing a mint leaf on your head would get rid of a headache!

Wearing mint on your wrist is said to protect you from illness, mint is also asociated with stomach problems and if you put some mint in a poppet its meant to alleviate them.

Mint can also be used to rid a place of evil by sprinkling salt water and various herbs - including mint. It can be put on an alter fresh to call on good spirits and help you in magic but it is also used in the home for protection......

Got all of that from Scott Cunninghams Herb encyclopedia. Can i ask why you burnt the mint?
It may be worth meditating and asking the presence why they are there??

Hope ive been of some help?

Lostgirl
20-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Just had a thought as well. If mint is used for protection then maybe you accidently called upon somone/thing to protect you :)

norseman
20-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Maybe it was the goddess of Lamb ! :D

[sorry, sorry :icon_jokercolor:]

Lostgirl
20-09-2011, 10:44 AM
LOL that did make me chuckle Norsey :D

mattie
20-09-2011, 12:03 PM
As you note that the mint smoke covered your fields it seems it was a huge amount of mint smoke. How much did you inhale? You could have had an allergic reaction given the vomiting. It could be that you aren't allergic to a normal amount of mint or as it would be used sparingly in flood or a mint julep, but breathing a concentrated amount of smoke could be different. The needing help could have been your own energies or spiritual team telling you that you were getting a toxic dose. There are many substances that are very beneficial in small or moderate doses that are toxic or even lethal in high doses. The burning of the mint may change the chemistry of it.

I was just about to ask the same question that Lostgirl already asked about why the mint was burned.

Lostgirl
20-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I also wondered if maybe it was an allergic reaction... but you would have thought that would bring on something to do with respiratory effects not vomiting....

mattie
20-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I also wondered if maybe it was an allergic reaction... but you would have thought that would bring on something to do with respiratory effects not vomiting....

This site on allergans lists vomiting as a possible reaction.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/allergic_reaction/page3_em.htm

This might be more of a toxic reaction rather than a true allergy.

Lostgirl
20-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Ahhhh Makes sense.... Clearly we will have to wait and find out......

johnatre
21-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Well, it was mixed with dead grasses because the ground caught on fire too, and most of the mint was dead so it burned quickly. There are a bunch of patches of it in my fields so I spent the day picking it and then burned it. So, quiet a bit.

Lostgirl
22-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Yes but why did you burn it in the first place?? Was there a reason or did you just thihnk it was a good idea?? I mean were you praying, doing a spell of some sort????