PDA

View Full Version : What does seeing a phoenix mean?

sweetdisposition
19-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi all,

Over the last 2 months or so I have seen the symbol of a phoenix or the word "phoenix" everywhere. Very briefly:

1. I have just moved to an apartment next to a 'Phoenix St' which is home to a Phoenix Care Home for the elderly. There is also a surgery with the name 'Phoenix' in its title down the road (the place where I live is not called Phoenix or anything like that).
2. I realised the other day that 3 of the usernames I have on other Internet forums have the word 'Phoenix' in them. I have no idea why I picked the word Phoenix for these usernames! I thought it was just a random choice.
3. My partner has a Phoenix tattoo on their back.
4. In my new apartment there is a phoenix carved into the fireplace in the lounge.
5. The other day I was telling my partner about how I kept seeing phoenix's. A lorry then pulled up outside my house with the word 'phoenix' on the side!!
6. My best friend is getting a puppy and guess what he's calling it? Phoenix!
Plus more instances of seeing the word or image of a phoenix, but those are the ones that come to mind!

Surely there is too much for it to just be a coincidence?! I know that the phoenix is supposed to represent rising from the ashes, but I'm not sure how that could mean anything to someone who is alive? Maybe it means I'm ready for a new beginning, or about to embark on something new? My sister-in-law passed away last year, maybe it has something to do with her taking on a new life?

Just like to hear your thoughts on this. :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

Yamah
19-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Out with the old, in with the new!

ravenstar
21-09-2011, 10:30 AM
This site http://www.phoenixarises.com/phoenix/legends/legends.htm has some fabulous writings on the phoenix that may interest you :)

sappy
21-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Maybe a rebirth or a change... That's what the pheonix represents

mattie
21-09-2011, 11:57 AM
There are many things that can be energetic or awakening prompts for us. Sometimes these can be personalized while other times they can be ones like the common 11:11.

feralfae
26-09-2011, 08:56 PM
The Phoenix is representative of rebirth, new life, rising from the ashes, transformation, transmutation, and transmogrification. It is associated with fire, creativity, beauty, and long/new life. It is linked with the sun and also with feminine energy -- which is unusual. Normally things associated with the sun are linked with masculine energy.

It is possible that the Phoenix is a totem or spirit guide for you. Or it is possible that it is not one of your spirit animals, but that at this point in your life the essence of the Phoenix has something to teach you or will help you move through this chapter of your life.

Personally, the Phoenix is a huge influence in my life. The ways that that influences me are creativity, the element of fire, and my constant cycle of life/death/rebirth. Bear in mind though, that is how the phoenix predominantly influences ME -- everyone else will have experiences uniquely theirs.

Oh, and the Chinese version of the phoenix is a symbol of duality -- the Fenghuang.

This a pretty good link, too:

http://www.mythicalrealm.com/creatures/phoenix.html

Enlightener
27-09-2011, 05:00 AM
The Phoenix is representative of rebirth, new life, rising from the ashes, transformation, transmutation, and transmogrification. It is associated with fire, creativity, beauty, and long/new life. It is linked with the sun and also with feminine energy -- which is unusual. Normally things associated with the sun are linked with masculine energy.

It is possible that the Phoenix is a totem or spirit guide for you. Or it is possible that it is not one of your spirit animals, but that at this point in your life the essence of the Phoenix has something to teach you or will help you move through this chapter of your life.

Personally, the Phoenix is a huge influence in my life. The ways that that influences me are creativity, the element of fire, and my constant cycle of life/death/rebirth. Bear in mind though, that is how the phoenix predominantly influences ME -- everyone else will have experiences uniquely theirs.

Oh, and the Chinese version of the phoenix is a symbol of duality -- the Fenghuang.

This a pretty good link, too:

http://www.mythicalrealm.com/creatures/phoenix.html

The Phoenix has also been 'filtered down' through the ages. In Egypt I think it was represented by a ..lyrebird? Will have to check on that one as I'm not sure lyrebirds were in Egypt at the time. In modern American tradition it is the Eagle which represents the Phoenix.

panther2eye
07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
you are probably just going to embark on a new journey. have fun :)