PDA

View Full Version : a good reading.

green
15-09-2011, 07:05 PM
what on your opinion will make a good tarot reading, both from the point of view of the reader and from the point of view of the person who gets the reading.
as a reader what makes you feel your reading was a good one, even if the feedback from the questioner was a negative one- well sometimes it happens and still you know you were right no matter what.
and as a person who gets the reading, what makes you feel the reading you got was a good one? and why?

thanks for sharing your thoughts

Green

Silver
15-09-2011, 07:08 PM
If I sense that they are in tune with ME, and sometimes the one doing the reading just seems to do it effortlessly. I think that points to an objectivity within the reading at the same time.

SweetCaroline
15-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I find tarrot readings very interesting yet vague at the same time - one really has to think about how they apply to your life - just my experience though

norseman
19-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Here is something I put together some years back when I was pondering who had the responsibility for finding meaning in a divination. I was put on this track while looking at the I-Ching.

I was wondering who has responsibility for finding meaning in a reading ?

In the world in general, there seems to be many people who regard readings as the absolute gospel truth and readers who make extremely specific predictions about a person’s life. You hear about celebs who need readings before they will pick clothes to wear [daft example !] but you get my drift. I was wondering where along our way, we lost the ability to make decisions for ourselves without the need for a “guru”.
Have our lives truly become so complex that we cant see the way to put one foot in front of another ? Or is it that society is in some sort of terminal decline and filled with woe ?
I suppose this could be just part of the general search for philosophies which offer spiritual enlightenment since the established religions have failed to give any kind of lead in this. Buddhism, Pagan in general including Wicca of course, etc etc – all seem to offer a simplification and a focus which is missing from people’s lives.
I was drawn into Transcendental Meditation some decades ago and practice daily so I am not immune to the general trend.
Struggling to make sense of what I am trying to say, I remembered my advice to new classes of students.
“I am not here to teach you anything. I am here to offer you opportunities to learn.”

I think this must be true of divination also. If you do a reading for someone, the responsibility for finding meaning must come from the person who asked. It’s up to them to search their own hearts for the answers. I feel that getting a reading just opens a box marked “The Bleeding Obvious” !

The I-Ching is said to be the most complete encyclopedia of Human Psychology ever assembled and all the guidance you will ever need is there, collected over centuries. But it still needs to be considered in the context of your own life.

Anyway, getting way off track here.
When I do a reading, I try to interpret the cards in the broadest possible sense and rely on the other person to find their own truth in it. Does this seem to be the right way to do it ?

Blooms Bright
25-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Upon receiving a reading, I open my mind to accept and apply the information that will be shared. It is I who determines in what direction to draw, pull, and channel the messages. I have found that the most meaningful readings come from someone that makes you feel comfortable. For myself, the flow of energy is important. I prefer to have a relaxed environment with an experienced professional who is grounded.

I can only speak of my experiences along this journey. Hoping you find the answers you are searching for. ~Bright Blessings