PDA

View Full Version : Development Circles

Michelle
30-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Hello :)

Does anyone know if there are any Development Circles in the Nottinghamshire area? I am so very new to all this and its only in the past month that I have been feeling things :icon_eek: I was scared at first but know now there is nothing to be afraid of. I have been looking at the Spiritual Churches in this area but I think they only do the services in the evening which I wouldn't be able to attend :( I just feel at the minute I need a lot of guidence to help me understand :)

I haven't yet met my Spirit Guide although I have been told by a lovely lady who is a Medium that he'she is a Native American Indian so one day hopefully I will get to say hello :)

The thing I have felt is only what can be described as tickling :rolleyes: especially in my hair ( I even checked if I had headlice :icon_eek: lol) but I was told it was spirit and to ask them to leave and go toward the light? I did do this and the itching isn't as intense now and only happens now and again thank goodness :smile:

If does know of a development circle or guidence I can learn from online it would be greatly appreciated :)

Love and best wishes

Michelle xx :)

developing1
30-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi michelle,

the internet is a wonderful thing! check for any mediums in your area, give them a call and ask if they run any development circles, it's what i did and am currently sitting in a wonderful circle!

get hunting girl!

best wishes

developing1:hug3:

Michelle
31-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Hi Developing :hug2:

Now why didn't I think of that :confused: lol its a great idea and I'll give it a try later on today :D

Thank you

developing1
31-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Let us know how you get on michelle, sitting in circle is a wonderfull experience!!!!!!!!

best wishes

developing1!!!!!!!:hug3:

Nomad
03-02-2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.snu.org.uk/c_em.htm

Try this, the SNU runs a lot of churches in the UK and they have two listed in your area.
For more detailed information try contacting the SNU via their site direct, they will be able to tell you of more that dont appear on their site.

Michelle
04-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Hi Developing and Nomad :)

I have looked at the link ( thank you :) ) I see there are 2 so will give them a ring on Monday to see if there is anything in the daytime :) I'm sure there will be other people like me who can only go in school hours so fingers crossed :D

I have also been reading many posts on here from members who haven't joined a circle and have gone on just as well, I did originally think I needed guidence from joining a circle but I am pleased to say I think I've learnt a lot from just reading what everyone else is saying, if you know what I mean :)

Thank you to you both and also thank you to all the members who write about their experiences which really does help newbies like me :hug2:

Nomad
04-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi Developing and Nomad :)

I have looked at the link ( thank you :) ) I see there are 2 so will give them a ring on Monday to see if there is anything in the daytime :) I'm sure there will be other people like me who can only go in school hours so fingers crossed :D

I have also been reading many posts on here from members who haven't joined a circle and have gone on just as well, I did originally think I needed guidence from joining a circle but I am pleased to say I think I've learnt a lot from just reading what everyone else is saying, if you know what I mean :)

Thank you to you both and also thank you to all the members who write about their experiences which really does help newbies like me :hug2:

You are welcome, I hope you find a good circle.

In the oldern days (lol) mediums did indeed develop on their own, they didnt have the internet, they didnt have a society where it was relatively safe to come out and discuss such things, and history still produced some great mediums :wink:

Dont worry if you do not find a circle, spirit have a knack for sorting something out.

Michelle
05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks Nomad :hug2:

I have also been sent a Betty Shine book to read :smile: ( have you read any of these? ) Its really very interesting too and very helpful to a complete novice like me who wants to learn :smile:
Sometimes though I get the feeling I'm trying to run before I can walk and I think the biggest step for me will be to relax, even when trying to meditate its hard because there are a million other things going through my mind lol

Thanks again

Michelle xxx :)

developing1
05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi Michelle,

I can recommend the Silver Birch books which can be purchased from this link http://www.psychicnewsbookshop.co.uk/ I think these are the best books i've ever read on developing and spiritualism!

best wishes

developing1:hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3:

Michelle
05-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi developing :hug2:

That's great, thank you :smile:

I'll be ordering some of those thank you for mentioning them and giving me the link :smile:

Michelle xx :smile:

Nomad
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks Nomad :hug2:

I have also been sent a Betty Shine book to read :smile: ( have you read any of these? ) Its really very interesting too and very helpful to a complete novice like me who wants to learn :smile:
Sometimes though I get the feeling I'm trying to run before I can walk and I think the biggest step for me will be to relax, even when trying to meditate its hard because there are a million other things going through my mind lol

Thanks again

Michelle xxx :)

Curiously enough, I was persuaded to read mind to mind by a thai friend of mine a good five years before I even considered spiritual development, I remember reading it in a relative state of confusion, as it was totally alien to me.
Maybe it planted a seed though, because years later it became more appropriate :)

I can back developing1 up on silverBirch books, they are indeed excellent (although I have so far only read two)

Michelle
06-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Hi Nomad :smile:

Its Mind Magic that I've just started reading and there are quite a few exercises to begin with :smile: my problem is finding the time when no one is going to call round or the telephone ringing :icon_eek:

Regarding the Silver Birch books, is there any particualr order they should be read in or doesn't it matter?

Its funny you being given Mind To Mind to read 5 years before you began your journey so to speak, isn't it? I do believe now everything that happens is for a good reason even if we don't know what it is at the time :smile:

Michelle xx :hug2:

kundalini
06-02-2007, 05:22 AM
Hi Michelle,

I just wanted to say that funnily enough, me and another member were talking about books by Betty Shine in another thread very, very recently. I find Nomad's and your own comments very interesting about reading Betty Shine books because they too were the first set of books that I began reading with regards to psychic powers and spirituality. I learnt much from them. Perhaps, in England especially as this was her birthplace, many English people are 'guided' to read these books as an introduction to spirituality...

Kundalini.

Michelle
06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi Kundalini :smile:

From what I have read so far the book does seem very good and helpful in more ways than one, I'm not sure why but they seem to have a very calming influence.

I have read other books, Rita Rogers for one, in fact they were the first books I ever read like this and they really did give me a different outlook on life and death, they maybe were not as 'helpful' as the Betty Shine books but lovely to read all the same, I think what I most loved about them were that she was able to help families who had lost loved ones and give them something only they would know :smile: The words had me crying a few times :redface:

Have you read any of Rita's books?

Michelle xx :hug2:

kundalini
06-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Michelle,

I am not actually sure. Unless Rita Rogers is a woman of gypsy-stock, in which case, I have read at least one of her books or thereabouts?

K.

Nomad
06-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Very curious coincidences about the Betty Shine book, but then I am not so sure I believe in coincidences any more :)

The SilverBirch books IIRC do not have to be read in a particular order, as they are an almagamation of many circles and questions asked in one book, so it is not too important to read them in order, but try if you can I would guess.

Michelle
06-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi :hug2:

kundalini, you are correct in that Rita is a descentant from gypsies :smile: so I believe you have read one of her books :smile:

Nomad, I'll get on and order a couple of the Silver Birch books later tonight :smile:

Best wishes to you both

Michelle xx :hug3:

kundalini
06-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for confirming that for me, K.