PDA

View Full Version : Planets Influence on Rising Sign

VesicaPhoenix11
14-09-2011, 03:47 PM
I have a question for any of you knowledgeable astrologers out there. From my studies thus far I have found that if you have a planet close to your rising sign it can affect the expression of that sign. I have Jupiter in Taurus sitting right before the line between my 12th and 1st house of Gemini rising. I assume Jupiter should be interpreted as being in the 12th house (though perhaps this is wrong, maybe it should be interpreted as being in the 1st house because it is at the end of the 12th house?). I have attached my astrodienst birth chart (such a wonderful site I have been using for years - though now I see I have not been using it to its full capability) to show exactly where Jupiter sits. Astro interprets it as 12th.

http://www.astro.com/tmpd/ch1xfileNk4u3u-u1128979856/astro_w2at_01_rachel_hefley_hp.56429.21217.gif

How would Jupiter affect Gemini rising?

Sorry for all of the questions, posts, etc, the past few days. University studies begin in a week and at that time I must devote myself to my class syllabi so I am enjoying this last moment of being free to pursue my own studies exclusively.

Be well.....

Yamah
14-09-2011, 04:04 PM
it is close to the ascendant but it is in a different starsign... so even though it is conjunct to the ascendant you would still call it part of the 12th house in pretty much every school of thought.

Jupiter + Ascendant gives a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong. When faced with a moral dilema you will often take the right path without a second thought, leaving your friends to gape in awe, wondering how you have the courage to always do the right thing.

It will also make you more youthful in appearance and spirit and grant you general good fortune in your life.

VesicaPhoenix11
14-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Ah, I see why Jupiter is interpreted as being in the 12th house. Thanks for the info.

I keep being drawn to the Pluto trine Ascendant (with ol' Jupiter handing close) and Pluto trine Midheaven. I don't know why but it seems like that is one of the clearest placements in my chart - just leaps off at me but perhaps that is just what I see right now?

Anyway - thanks!

Be well....

Greybeard
14-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Jupiter is "in the 12th House by body" (it is physically within that house.)
Yamah correctly says that because it is in the sign preceding the Ascendant, it should be considered as 12th House, too.
However, it within 4 degrees of the Ascendant, and Must be considered as conjunct the Ascendant.
So.....go to a site or book that describes Jupiter. Just the description of Jupiter itself, the planet. Read it. All of those Jupiterian qualities will express strongly in your personality, and affect the course of your life powerfully.
Then go to "Jupiter in Taurus"....that will modify the expression of Jupiter.
Read "Jupiter in the 12th House"
Read "Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant"
Read "Venus square Jupiter"
Read "Moon quincunx Jupiter" (if you can find such a reading)
After reading all these things about Jupiter....add them up. Synthesize them.

Now Venus is the ruler of Taurus, so she is ruler of Jupiter.
She is square Jupiter, and there is a bit of trouble here....the lord and the subject don't get along as well as we might like. But for a beginner, this is getting a bit complex.

Suffice it to say that Jupiter is THE outstanding planet in this chart and dominates the life and personality.

Jupiter rules the 7th and 10th houses, and they will be important too.

Greybeard
14-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Jupiter is the Most Important Planet because it is the only planet on the Eastern side of the horoscope. It is a "Singleton by Hemisphere" and is therefore in High Focus. It dominates the life and personality.

Jupiter will express more powerfully in 7th House affairs than in 10th for two reasons.....first, the sign of Pisces in the 10th House is intercepted and has no direct outlet, and second, Jupiter is square his ruler Venus, and she is the natural ruler of 7th House affairs...."intimate relationships, partnerships, etc".

Your Ascendant is Gemini (ruled by Mercury, Virgo, 5th House, Sextile Uranus)
So study Gemini....it describes your "persona", your role in life, the principal issues you will face.....then study Mercury, because he will strongly affect, modify the original reading of Gemini (he will give more details)

But Jupiter is in Taurus....and strongly affects the Ascendant too (Morin says that planets occupying a house, first, and planets aspecting a house, second, generally have more power in the affairs of that house than the lord of the house. Because Jupiter is closely conjunct the Ascendant, he can be considered as "in the first house", but myself, I would read him as in the 12th and conjunct the Ascendant, which is the actual fact.) All three are powerful though.

Greybeard
14-09-2011, 04:46 PM
The square of Venus to Jupiter is a critical aspect. The aspect is within degree, and therefore extremely powerful on that account. Venus is lord of Jupiter, and this relationship brings the aspect to a higher level. And with Jupiter far and away the most powerful planet ("accidentally dignified", by virtue of conjunction to the Ascendant, and even more by virtue of "Singleton East"), this is a very important aspect.

The quincunx of Moon and Jupiter is also very very important. Jupiter rules Moon; he is lord of Sagittarius, where she is posited. The exact aspect between them (partile) says: Pay Attention to this!!

VesicaPhoenix11
14-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Thank you Greybeard, I appreciate the clear steps you have provided for understanding Jupiter in my chart. Looks as if I have some work to do! Again, thanks.

Be well....

VesicaPhoenix11
14-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Wanted to report on something I just found in my research... it seems that Jupiter just moved in to Taurus on June 4th 2011 and will remain there until July 2012. I found that to be a nice synchronicity, since it is a return of some sort to my natal chart. Interesting.

VesicaPhoenix11
14-09-2011, 06:19 PM
The square of Venus to Jupiter is a critical aspect. The aspect is within degree, and therefore extremely powerful on that account. Venus is lord of Jupiter, and this relationship brings the aspect to a higher level. And with Jupiter far and away the most powerful planet ("accidentally dignified", by virtue of conjunction to the Ascendant, and even more by virtue of "Singleton East"), this is a very important aspect.

I've been reading and laughing at myself a bit. If there is any one aspect of myself that stands in my way - it is self-indulgence. Oy vey.