PDA

View Full Version : Adhd

Taurus/Gemini
14-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know a natural remedy for adhd? I rather natural remedy over modern medicine.zzzzzzzzz

Yamah
14-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Meditation.

Medium_Laura
14-09-2011, 02:59 PM
I found this online, not sure if it works though.

http://www.synaptol.com/?utm_source=adcenter&utm_medium=mscpc&utm_campaign=Synaptol&utm_term=herbal%20adhd

Silver
14-09-2011, 06:44 PM
In using supplements and vitamins, I hear that the B=complex vitamins are a big big help. Been a while since I read up on that.

Also, check out wildestcolts.com

beatnikbean
28-11-2011, 04:55 AM
I read a study about diffusing essential oils at night. Cedarwood and lavender. Vetiver is also a known oil for it. I just ordered these and need to gets diffuser to try with my son. I'll let you know the progress.

Juliette
30-05-2012, 04:42 PM
My second cousin had ADHD and it was (I hesitate to use the word "cured") but extremely manageable just by changing diets.

If you are really interested about using a natural approach to calming the symptoms down a bit, you should look into what is called a raw vegan diet. It doesn't have to be drastic, you can still keep cooked food in there and meat and milk and whatever you would like, just that it is extremely essential that your body is based on leafy greens, fruit, vegetables and a bit of nuts and seeds. Everything we eat today is coated in steroids, antibiotics, pesticides and artificial... everything! I do find that the Adhd body is very sensitive to what's going on around it (at least that's what I have been told by their mother) so the best way is exercise, doing what you love to do, not being tied down by anything and having a healthy diet.

Everyone is slightly allergic (some more than others) to these things: gluten, dairy, corn products, soy and peanuts. They have a type of sensitivity that grows over time, so one might not even start to notice symptoms until they are 50, some not at all, but if they take them out they feel much better. I suffer from extreme anxiety and panic attacks constantly. It turns out it was all how my body was made up, my diet was made off of the standard one, meat, salad here and there, dairy, peanut butter and jelly occasionally, a treat here and there, juice, rice, pasta, etc. Nothing out of the ordinairy. But when I took the allergens out, especially gluten, I felt great! And then I switched to raw vegan over the course of 2 years and I feel better by the day, you have to do it right and it takes a lot of time and energy for research and preparation, but it is worth it if you are interested. Then I added in exercise and stretching and I am pretty much only beginning those two things, but already I can handle things better, I am not as overwhelmed and just in general more happy and content.

I don't have ADHD so cannot completely understand what's going on, but I do have the close relative with it and they are doing great, honorary student in school, creating educational school clubs constantly and making sure they are doing what they want to in their spare time of drawing and athletic activities.

Hope this helps, if you're interested, at least look at the benefits of Raw diet and see if it's for you, if you would like to and are interested you could private chat me on here and I could help you start out on just simple things to add etc.

If not(and it's not for everyone) good luck on your natural remedy journey:)

sesheta
30-05-2012, 05:49 PM
There was a study done a while back, regarding ADHD & food dyes. They took a group of kids who were ADHD, removed all food/drink from their diet that contained yellow food dye...and within 72 hrs., their ADHD symptoms started to disappear.
There does seem to be a big link between diet and ADHD, so you may want to experiment with removing separate items from your diet and see how it affects things.
Also - if this applies to you - try literally turning things off! When you're at home, see if you can survive without the TV on, no radio on, nothing...just quiet. This will allow you to be calm and focus...meditation is a great idea, too!

Arcturus
30-05-2012, 07:30 PM
i'd go along with diet. its the foundation of improving and recovering health imo. i'd avoid too much raw personally. definitely 100% organic, low g.i. (glycaemic index). i would also avoid personal care and domestic chemical like deodorants, perfumes and conventional washing powders...scent free is best. tai chi is great for grounding the mind. get checked for gluten intolerance as that can cause mant psychologicval problems. avoid, whenever possible, pharmaceutical meds. no wi-fi as this is being banned in some schools in the uk for triggering adhd, limit mobile phone use, don't have an i-phone (as these receive and transmit pretty much constantly as they act as a base station for other i-phones---its why the batteries don't last long), n3

daisy
30-05-2012, 11:19 PM
I think the correct medication from a doctor should be given to someone with ADHD, it's a very real condition, use complementary therapies by all means if it helps and the Dr is ok with with it.
Why do people feel the need to withdraw much needed medication from their children, would you withdraw inhalers from an asthmatic child, (you'd likely be prosecuted if you did.)

Arcturus
31-05-2012, 12:13 AM
hi Daisy, if you're referring to my post then i said, "whenever possible, avoid"...not don't give them.
where has anyone implied its not real?
i believe amphetamine is one drug used to control adhd...surely if you can control with diet or other factors then thats preferable no? my doctor can't stand complimentary therapy. the OP is asking for natural remedy advice and the forum subsection is "natural remedies".
n3

Lodewijkp
07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
tryptophan and high dosages of niacin...

search for ADHD and niacin...

MRDazzle
07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Trytophan will make you sleepy and promote a calm nature but it won't help when you are trying to focus. I too agree with diet and diffusing essential oils together. Eliminating white flour and rice and maybe even gluten alltogether, can help with ADHD and even change their mood swings. See what he's allergic to, because allergies can affect your attention, nervous and cardio systems.

trappedinabody
07-06-2012, 07:30 PM
I think the correct medication from a doctor should be given to someone with ADHD, it's a very real condition, use complementary therapies by all means if it helps and the Dr is ok with with it.
Why do people feel the need to withdraw much needed medication from their children, would you withdraw inhalers from an asthmatic child, (you'd likely be prosecuted if you did.)

the medicines doctors prescribe for this disorder are very very dangerous. you cannot compare adderol for a child with adhd to an inhaler for a child with asthma. TOTALLY different things.

Celesia
07-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I watched a clip on the news. A woman was told her son had ADHD and wanted to put him on medication. Instead she changed his diet complete, took out artificial coloring (can't remember which ones) and a bunch of other things I can't recall. Just changed the diet. Then they showed a picture of some of the child's homework before the change - sloppy, illegible, and a picture of the child's handwriting after - neat print, very legible. If I can find something about it I'll PM you if you'd like. :smile:

sesheta
08-06-2012, 05:39 AM
I agree that there are circumstances where modern medicine definitely has its place...but we also need to remember that pretty much all "modern medicine" is essentially based on natural ingredients. So if taking the natural substance works, and you can avoid all the artificial, man-made chemicals, etc that they add to make a medicine "marketable", then isn't that preferable? Not to mention usually much cheaper!
I am allergic to ragweed and, for years, during ragweed season, I would go through literally bottles of allergy medicine to get through the days! Then I finally discovered that drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water works just as well (and actually better) than the medicines did! Apple cider vinegar is....a natural antihistamine!
So - if a natural remedy is healthier, and cheaper, and it actually solves the problem.....isn't that the best outcome all around?

psychoslice
08-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Good discipline and maybe a good smack when needed.

Sybilline
08-06-2012, 09:58 AM

LOL Psychoslice... >.< Well if it is clinical I suppose calming and relaxation techniques...

Takes discipline of course just like anything. Things like focusing excercises I would say, and maybe some Omega 3 supplements, supposedly it helps with mental focus.

The discipline and smacking when necessary is still practiced in my country and seems to work, but I am guessing those are for non-clinical ADHD (ie, the person is hyperactive and is an attention seeker but not clinically, just annoying I guess, if you get what I mean) but it's just one factor that determines what the person grows up to become.

Arcturus
08-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Psychoslice: Good discipline and maybe a good smack when needed.

so if you don't have intelligence and understanding resort to and teach violence as a means to solving difficult problems....it never d d d d did me any harm.

shadedragon
09-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Meditation and exploring yourself is good for adhd, I have seen ppl transform with it. Another is chromotherapy (working with colors.) Often times adhd is associated with indigo children and adults, so you may want look into that as well.

sesheta
09-06-2012, 05:28 PM

I tend to agree with this, as well - love ya, psycho! :D

Arcturus
09-06-2012, 07:47 PM

I tend to agree with this, as well - love ya, psycho! :D

i'm sorry that such a statement, or topic as hitting those you're physically stronger than, brings such a big smile to you :icon_frown: unlesss you're looking for a reaction?

sesheta
10-06-2012, 01:37 AM
I would never condone striking a child hard enough to actually physically harm them...but I think when I child is young, a firm spanking to let them know that the situation is serious and that you will not tolerate the behaviour, sometimes works better than any amount of "speaking to them" can.
I was spanked growing up, and I do not hold any grudges against my parents for it. They never once hurt me, and looking back I can understand that sometimes it is a "necessary evil" when other methods may fail.
Just my opinion....

trappedinabody
10-06-2012, 01:58 AM
I would never condone striking a child hard enough to actually physically harm them...but I think when I child is young, a firm spanking to let them know that the situation is serious and that you will not tolerate the behaviour, sometimes works better than any amount of "speaking to them" can.
I was spanked growing up, and I do not hold any grudges against my parents for it. They never once hurt me, and looking back I can understand that sometimes it is a "necessary evil" when other methods may fail.
Just my opinion....

agreed.
i believe the "firm spanking" method will give better results all the while being way less harmful than the "my childs acting up, lets put him/her on adhd medication" method ;)

Arcturus
10-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Just my opinion....

yes but why has the situation become "serious"? what got you both there? i was spanked also and do not hold a grudge against my mother, i "love" her...that didn't make it right and she has appologised. funny thing is, or not, she stopped hitting me when i was about 13-14...obviously because she was no longer bigger than me. my behaviour didn't change it was just that she couldn't resort to that method of control. anyway children and siblings are like that too, they forgive most things..doesn't make it ok.

my experience is that children react according to the atmosphere of their living space, the general enviroment of their living space, their diet, their quality of health and probably a few more factors. a child in a higly toxic (enviromentally) living area is gonna be more charged up. feed kids sugar (as a treat supposedly) and then expecting them to sit still and not overheat is asking too much. there are many reasons, find them. i can assure there are many who manage without resorting to your methods.

i decided one day that i would not allow physical vbiolence into my life in a pro-active form (self defense is another matter) be it with my voice or body. it was difficult atr first to find ways to deal with situations without this but quickly i found other methids and now thats the norm and its easy, easier even. not to say i'm better than you, there is still violence in me.

also why justify hitting to me, yourself or anyone else? just say you do it and so be it...

Arcturus
10-06-2012, 10:50 AM
agreed.
i believe the "firm spanking" method will give better results all the while being way less harmful than the "my childs acting up, lets put him/her on adhd medication" method ;)

are you saying adhd is a fallacy? and practically everyone here is interested in alternatives to medication.

also how can you agree with anyone onh this? you might find the situation and reasons sesheta finds acceptable for hitting, deplorable, how can you know her mind and situation so well as to validate her?

Sybilline
11-06-2012, 08:04 AM
ADHD is real. It's not simply being hyperactive and wanting attention, it's when it really affects the child's daily life and activities otherwise known as "normal" children activities, when it gets in the way of this, then it's diagnosed (that's what I remember reading anyway). There a number of grown-ups that have ADHD too, I have seen one being interviewed in the news and surprisingly, she is a teacher and I think she regularly does whatever maintenance needs to be done for ADHD (forgot, sorry).

Regarding the spanking, I'm from the Philippines, there is definitely a line between abuse and discipline, but I must say discipline has changed greatly.

I remember the older people telling us that they used to get punished by kneeling down over a big woven "plate" (don't know any english counterpart) with lots of rock salt (ouuuuch), then they have to hold their hands out on their sides, and then stacks of books are placed, the higher the stack, the greater the offense. This is always paired by lectures and angry words.

Nowadays, that's clearly abuse, as they always get little wounds on their knees, and then the salt gets to it (ooooooowwwwwccchh), but back then they would cry really bad and the following day they are laughing with the friends they got into trouble with, comparing their wounds to each other.

When I was young and we (siblings) did something wrong, my mother would tell all of us to lie our our stomachs, then she would shout at us while whipping the floor with a belt. We thought we were hit, but we never really were.

I was 9 when I had my real beating, she used a belt on me and beat me round the bed, I had a few welts on my thigh and bum (no bruises), and that was the first time I realized I never really was beaten, it was always just the floor, because it was my first experience of real pain.

It was really bad, but I would have never sued her for it. That was the only one that got that bad, the rest were just slaps and hits, but as I said, in my culture, that's not really bad, it takes a lot before something is considered abuse in here (suing your own parents is considered weird here by the way lol) My mother, she never fails to explain what the discipline is for, she never fails to say that she loves us but is not happy with what she did. So in the end it never affected our relationship (other things did, never the beatings). Plus, I had it easy, compared to my older siblings (it's also common for older siblings to take the responsibility for their younger ones, here).

It is also common here to keep receiving beatings well beyond whatever age, as long as you still live in your parents house (leaving at 18 is not common here). If you fight back and hurt her ---- that's on you, case to case basis I guess.

I now still have a wonderful relationship with my mom and she still brings me lunch here at work lol :)

Arcturus
11-06-2012, 11:58 AM
hi Sybilline
i don't think you can compare acts of violence. in the comparison the so-called lesser act may become ok and acceptable. like you say, what used to happen is now clearly abuse, and so the same could be possible of todays "cultural" norms in the future. also in one act violence might lie all violence. and people forgive so they can move on and not carry the pain. i wonder what is the mental state and emotional feelings of a parent, or anyone for that matter, whilst engaging in the hitting of another human being? is it one of love? i feel that when folk don't have an inner, natural, unforced discipline they look for it outwardly; so they try to cover or ease their own mess by compelling others along a certain path when it's nothing to do with them.

so many crimes go on behind closed doors. i wonder if anyones behaviour would change if we lived more communally with other folk looking on, probably sometrimes. a parent who hits is a dictator and terrorist; a terrorist to me is someone who controls through fear and violence. but we're so used to it that it seems ok, perhaps we're (me too!) insensitive, fast asleep and unawares of the ramifications of our actions.

""Violence is not merely killing another. It is violence when we use a sharp word, when we make a gesture to brush away a person, when we obey because there is fear. So violence isn’t merely organized butchery in the name of God, in the name of society or country. Violence is much more subtle, much deeper, and we are inquiring into the very depths of violence. When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent."" j k

i like this one too::

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms.""

it shows, to me anway, that even the most outwardly normal and respectable folk, have the seed of genociode within them and they are completely unawares. anyway i'm going on now, as i sometimes do lol, but its one of those subjects for me, you know that mean alot? peace all...and as the quote in the film "the wanderers" goes "leave the kid alone!"

edit:: i'll add that i have multiple chemical sensitivity which means, for me personally, that i get hyper when exposed to trace amounts of chemicals, be it natural or synthetic, in food, water or the air. i would call it mild anaphlyaxia as in i won't die. during exposure i become increasingly manic and have difficulty concentrating. fortunately i'm an adult and so have a much larger degree of control over my enviroment and diet, which i have no choice but to adjust. i dread to think of the confusion and lack of empowerment of a child in a similar situation with a parent who has no scope for change.

Sybilline
11-06-2012, 02:28 PM
i wonder what is the mental state and emotional feelings of a parent, or anyone for that matter, whilst engaging in the hitting of another human being? is it one of love?

In my experience, yes this is possible. My mother, she knew when enough is enough, in this manner she taught us respect --- in my country, *veeeeeery* very few kids can get away with shouting at people older than them, let alone cursing, walking out/storming off during a conversation, rolling their eyes while the guardian is talking, making sarcastic childish remarks, etc.

You can not tell your parent "I HATE YOU!!!" here and get away with it, oh no. Nonononono.

I hated it, yes. I was practically stiff during lecture and discipline sessions. But now I am thankful. I am proud to be what I am, part of it is through me, part of it because of her.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes you simply don't need to lay your hands on a kid. Sometimes they just get it, some kids are just good like that, some are just really stubborn. My sister, she was raised the same way, got physical discipline beyond her puberty years, and she never really straightened out. It's just her.

I don't know, I guess it's just cultural differences. After all not all kids that are never disciplined in this manner turn out bad too, some turn out ok.

Arcturus
11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
well i believe there are studies that show that children who aren't smacked are better behaved but then studies can prove what you want them to sometimes.

did your mother know when enough was enough? so she never went to far that one time you mentioned she bruised you? was there love in her eyes when she did it? i would say you've always gone too far when you hit someone who is not attacking you.

and what of the child who is reating to an allergen? aggression whilst reacting is common with my condition, though fortunately it doesn't affect me that way. its not their fault is it? there certainly is no blanket rule, no-one, for me, can agree with another as everyone has different standards yet no doubt everyone thinks there's are the right ones.

i don't understand pride either; it seems to me be an idea, a projerction of what someone thinks they are as noble, good etc...and you know what they say.."pride befopre the fall" going to the perfection thread now but why have an image of yourself? i'm speaking impersonally. is it out of fear, a need to be something? why be anything. the I can convince itself of anything, it can be endlessly mischievous. no doubt hitler was proud of himself too. perhaps there's violence in pride? i'm wondering aloud. and respect...what does that mean? no doubt it differs with people..."If you know love you will not follow anybody. Love does not obey. When you love there is neither respect nor disrespect." j.k.

i hope i'm not being overly emphatic, peace

Sybilline
12-06-2012, 10:55 AM
LOL it's ok... :)

did your mother know when enough was enough? so she never went to far that one time you mentioned she bruised you? was there love in her eyes when she did it? i would say you've always gone too far when you hit someone who is not attacking you.

To me yes she knew what she was doing... >.<

But you are right I have read about those studies... :)

Arcturus
12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
just to add that flower essences can be great for kids with adhd and also can take the edge off that has been put into otherwise lovely children who don't have an illness. the affect on children is more marked than on adults.

trappedinabody
12-06-2012, 04:23 PM
are you saying adhd is a fallacy? and practically everyone here is interested in alternatives to medication.

also how can you agree with anyone onh this? you might find the situation and reasons sesheta finds acceptable for hitting, deplorable, how can you know her mind and situation so well as to validate her?

no i am not saying adhd is a fallacy... and yes of course everyone here is interested in alternatives to medication, hence the location of the thread...

i do not need to know her mind and situation to think that a lil smack on the butt is waaay less harmful than adderol...

Arcturus
12-06-2012, 04:54 PM
no i am not saying adhd is a fallacy... and yes of course everyone here is interested in alternatives to medication, hence the location of the thread...

read the whole thread. some folk suggest medication when needed, which is of course their right

i do not need to know her mind and situation to think that a lil smack on the butt is waaay less harmful than adderol...

folk try to make it sound so innocent when they say "a lil smack on the butt"...it's hitting...you hit someone smaller than you because you can, making them think the situation is their faulti. and justifying it by comparing it to being better than medication is a cop out in my opinion. in comparison, as i said before, the so-called lesser evil becomes supposedly ok. you condemn adderol to justify violence. what if there were no meds? handy to have something to point the finger at so we can justify stuff to ourself.

how come some folk can get by without either of these? surely a relaxed atmosphere, a diet altered to their specific needs, natural therapy etc is preferable instead of a smack or meds. in fact i would categoreically state that hitting and violence is not a natural remedy for adhd.... and as you said, thats the section we're in. and also that little kid is hyper and possibly aggressive because he/she is ill and needs healing...and where does smacking figure into that? so if adhd is real and that means they personally have no control over, or are they responsible for, their temper tantrums, how on earth can you justify reprimanding them for them?

trappedinabody
12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
read the whole thread. some folk suggest medication when needed, which is of course their right

folk try to make it sound so innocent when they say "a lil smack on the butt"...it's hitting...you hit someone smaller than you because you can, making them think the situation is their faulti. and justifying it by comparing it to being better than medication is a cop out in my opinion. in comparison, as i said before, the so-called lesser evil becomes supposedly ok. you condemn adderol to justify violence. what if there were no meds? handy to have something to point the finger at so we can justify stuff to ourself.

how come some folk can get by without either of these? surely a relaxed atmosphere, a diet altered to their specific needs, natural therapy etc is preferable instead of a smack or meds. in fact i would categoreically state that hitting and violence is not a natural remedy for adhd.... and as you said, thats the section we're in. and also that little kid is hyper and possibly aggressive because he/she is ill and needs healing...and where does smacking figure into that? so if adhd is real and that means they personally have no control over, or are they responsible for, their temper tantrums, how on earth can you justify reprimanding them for them?

yes i have read the whole thread and yes some folks have suggested medicine... not seeing what this has to do with any of the posts i made considering that all 3 of them were against the use of medicine...
and yes a relaxed atmosphere, correct diet, natural therapy would be preferable.
dont attack me because id spank my child before id put him/her on adderol or drastically change their diet. am i not entitled to my own opinion too?
you are taking this in the worse way possible i feel... as posts say below there is not much research on natural remedies for adhd, i know there are also no real tests that will say your child definitely has adhd or vise versa.
if your child begins acting up, how many tantrums does (s)he have to throw before you decide (s)he has adhd? or do you immediately assume so and change their diet and all at the first possible sign?
i do not see a lil smack on the butt as violence. it can be done so to cause no physical harm at all. if it is not working and your child keeps throwing these tantrums and acting up then yes by all means change their diet. anything that keeps them off of these medicines.

Arcturus
12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
yes i have read the whole thread and yes some folks have suggested medicine... not seeing what this has to do with any of the posts i made considering that all 3 of them were against the use of medicine...

well you mentioned that everyone was for alternatives to meds, i just pointed out it wasn't so...you brought it up?

and yes a relaxed atmosphere, correct diet, natural therapy would be preferable.
dont attack me because id spank my child before id put him/her on adderol or drastically change their diet. am i not entitled to my own opinion too?

why do you feel attacked? i'm expressing my opinion as you are and we are both entitled to do so...i don't mind you...why do you mind me? why justify it to me? are you unsure? am i making good points or something. to change their diet is not a drastic action, its first base for most and oh how so much easier for the child. if you've had bad allergies you'll know just how much they can affect one's wellbeing.
you are taking this in the worse way possible i feel... as posts say below there is not much research on natural remedies for adhd, i know there are also no real tests that will say your child definitely has adhd or vise versa.
if your child begins acting up, how many tantrums does (s)he have to throw before you decide (s)he has adhd? or do you immediately assume so and change their diet and all at the first possible sign?

obviously if they react up after a meal or a drink then change it regardless of whether they have any recognised illness. if folk live a natural lifestyle, like ecological washing powders, no air fresheners, natural bedding etc you'll cover many bases ipso facto. someone who cares wouldn't be caught up in labels i feel. you live with someone 24/7 i would think you could tune into whats affecting them and why.

i do not see a lil smack on the butt as violence. it can be done so to cause no physical harm at all. if it is not working and your child keeps throwing these tantrums and acting up then yes by all means change their diet. anything that keeps them off of these medicines.

well i do see it as violence. if it does no harm physically, what about emotionally or mentally or spiritually even? to see a big person come at you probably shouting, face contorted cause thats how it is. nobody hits with a loving smile.

smacking is not a natural remedy...obviously, its a no-brainer. there's no change of diet, therapy, herbs or whatever implied in it's use. if you wish to discus smacking as a means to controlling react ups then maybe start a thread in another part of the forum. not saying you should do that or not express it here but it aint au naturelle, period.

hi tiab, i'm not here to berate you or anyone, if my style is lacking then i appologise. you don't seem to like what i've got to say, neither did sybill agree but i felt no friction in that interaction. i'm not better than you. i have an insight into what its like to hyper react and i am older and can speak for thosde who can't understand what they're experiencing, thats all. though i would add that its not surprising that even healthy children react up on todays diet and general enviroment. i actually find it strange that folk here even mention smacking or joining the army and stuff considering the nature of the forum, peace x

Arcturus
12-06-2012, 07:51 PM
this is how white sugar is made, folk give this children for breakfast or a treat even::

Sugar is very interesting. It is the only source of food for the brain, but not in the form we have created in the past century. Raw cane sugar contains up to 14% trace elements, minerals, vitamins, and chlorophyll, all of which are vital. In processing, cane sugar is heated with a lime liquor to extract the calcium and sugar, which destroys all the vitamins. Lime, carbon dioxide, sulphur dioxide, calcium hydroxide, and sodium carbon-ate are then all added. This dead mass is then treated with strontium hydroxide and sent to the sugar refinery. There, it is cleansed with calcium carbonic acid, and dark particles are removed with sulphuric acid and bone charcoal filtration. The final product is then dyed with indanthrene blue or highly toxic ultramarine. This is what ends up on store shelves as white sugar. JD: How does this affect people who consume white sugar? DS: For example, strontium hydroxide is radio active and, the moment you consume it in sugar, the thyroid gland becomes hyperactive and creates in us an impatient manner whereby we develop selective seeing, feeling, and touching, often screening out good influences and letting in negative ones. It also creates a craving for sweets and starch. Germany has done research indicating that intelligence, measured in terms of the mental capacity to think, reason, memorise, etc, is significantly reduced when white sugar is consumed. The incidence of sugar-related diseases has risen dramatically as sugar consumption has increased world-wide Also, white sugar has an atomic density of 98.4 - 99.5, which falls exactly in the range of poisons which, normally, one needs special permission to buy. We should only use honey, pure maple syrup, raw cane sugar, etc.

makes you wonder how even a healthy child could consume that and not be badly affected.

Kaere
12-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I have to chime in here... smacking a child with a behavioural issue that they have no control over is absolutely unequivocably in my mind USELESS and UNWARRANTED. Just don't.

My son has sensory and other behavioural issues - I do believe they are exacerabated by the foods and additives he eats. I can see it working in him first hand, almost immediately after eating something "dodgy" in fact.

Smacking (on the hand) should only be done in the case of physical harm ie they're going to stick their hand on a hot stove or do something else dangerous.

There are just so many other methods to try without having to resort to the one fueled by frustration on the side of the parent.

And before anyone thinks I haven't succumbed to that frustration, it's not true. I am human and I have had my spanking moments and it kills me every single time because I know there are other ways that are better.

trappedinabody
12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
"well you mentioned that everyone was for alternatives to meds, i just pointed out it wasn't so...you brought it up?"

i meant to say pratically everyone, as i was agreeing with what you had said in previous post. sorry for the mistake...

"why do you feel attacked? i'm expressing my opinion as you are and we are both entitled to do so...i don't mind you...why do you mind me? why justify it to me? are you unsure? am i making good points or something. to change their diet is not a drastic action, its first base for most and oh how so much easier for the child. if you've had bad allergies you'll know just how much they can affect one's wellbeing."

i feel attacked because you are making it seem like i am promoting violence, which i am not whatsoever. i would never beat a child, nor spank hard enough to leave a mark, nor continue spanking when it is obviously having no effect.
and i do not mind you, i dont see how i suggested i was against you at all...

"obviously if they react up after a meal or a drink then change it regardless of whether they have any recognised illness. if folk live a natural lifestyle, like ecological washing powders, no air fresheners, natural bedding etc you'll cover many bases ipso facto. someone who cares wouldn't be caught up in labels i feel. you live with someone 24/7 i would think you could tune into whats affecting them and why."

problem there is children with adhd DONT only act up after a meal or a drink, if that were true you would be absolutely correct. we are talking about children here, this could be a problem that is just beginning to arise so that fact that you live with them 24/7 is irrelevant imo.

"well i do see it as violence. if it does no harm physically, what about emotionally or mentally or spiritually even? to see a big person come at you probably shouting, face contorted cause thats how it is. nobody hits with a loving smile."

im sorry you feel that way. i personally would not shout at my children, THAT would be what causes emotional damage. as for spanking in general causing that kind of damage... as i said before if it obviously is not helping then it should be discontinued and things you suggested should be considered.

i just dont understand how you would so immediately know your child has adhd when they start acting up.
possible adhd symptoms begin at some point, you begin giving your childs bottom a lil smack when they act up to a certain extent, a month or so goes by and the tantrums seem to be getting worse, the lil smacks obviously are having no effect, this child may have adhd, this is where your suggestions come in.
but to immediately decide this child may have adhd when they act up and go to the extent of changing diet and all does not seem so necessary to me.

Arcturus
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
i feel attacked because you are making it seem like i am promoting violence, which i am not whatsoever. i would never beat a child, nor spank hard enough to leave a mark, nor continue spanking when it is obviously having no effect.
and i do not mind you, i dont see how i suggested i was against you at all...

you said i was attacking you. one would think that you would mind that and feel i was against you.

problem there is children with adhd DONT only act up after a meal or a drink, if that were true you would be absolutely correct. we are talking about children here, this could be a problem that is just beginning to arise so that fact that you live with them 24/7 is irrelevant imo.

i haven't only mentioned food and in my opinion no child hyper-reacts constantly for no reason and the reason can always be found. just the washing powder residu on someones clothes is enough for me.

im sorry you feel that way. i personally would not shout at my children, THAT would be what causes emotional damage. as for spanking in general causing that kind of damage... as i said before if it obviously is not helping then it should be discontinued and things you suggested should be considered.

i just dont understand how you would so immediately know your child has adhd when they start acting up.

well i wouldn't get hung up on labels at all. additivers are bad period for everyone, so are pesticides.
possible adhd symptoms begin at some point, you begin giving your childs bottom a lil smack when they act up to a certain extent, a month or so goes by and the tantrums seem to be getting worse, the lil smacks obviously are having no effect, this child may have adhd, this is where your suggestions come in.
but to immediately decide this child may have adhd when they act up and go to the extent of changing diet and all does not seem so necessary to me.

why do you suggest that i view any tantrum as immediately suggesting a child has adhd? i don't think i've implied this. adhd aside i feel that hitting can always be avoided, i've said as much

so have you any info on natural remedies for adhd?

trappedinabody
12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
"you said i was attacking you. one would think that you would mind that and feel i was against you."

yes i feel you are against me, as a said before. no i do not mind you, different people are different.

"i haven't only mentioned food and in my opinion no child hyper-reacts constantly for no reason and the reason can always be found. just the washing powder residu on someones clothes is enough for me."

i did not suggest you had only mentioned food... and yes no child constantly acts up... i have 3 younger brothers that i live with, they do not have adhd, for they are very good kids at times. other times not so much. kids will be kids. they need to know when certain behavior is unacceptable and a stern talking to is not always enough. i would not go so far as to completely change their diet though, i dont feel this has anything to do with their behavior (not saying for all kids) and i definitely would not suggest they be put on any kind of medication.

we both agree the medication is bad, i pat you on the back for this.

"why do you suggest that i view any tantrum as immediately suggesting a child has adhd? i don't think i've implied this. adhd aside i feel that hitting can always be avoided, i've said as much"

well if a child is acting up maybe just a few times a week...what do you do?
me: lil smack on the butt and a "dont be doing that"

but no sadly i have not found any natural remedies for adhd, if i had this all would have been avoided :p

Arcturus
12-06-2012, 11:15 PM
yes i feel you are against me, as a said before. no i do not mind you, different people are different.

i'm not against you. so you don't mind people who, as you say, attack you? i don't mind ppl who attack me verbally but then i don't think i was attacking you...maybe it would serve your purposes if i was portrayed as attacking you in this thread.?

i did not suggest you had only mentioned food...

i didn't imply you did, i was reminding you, in reply to the statement that its not only food and drink, that i had mentioned other factors so was aobviously already aware that it wasn't just food and drink.

and yes no child constantly acts up... i have 3 younger brothers that i live with, they do not have adhd, for they are very good kids at times. other times not so much. kids will be kids. they need to know when certain behavior is unacceptable and a stern talking to is not always enough. i would not go so far as to completely change their diet though, i dont feel this has anything to do with their behavior (not saying for all kids) and i definitely would not suggest they be put on any kind of medication.

yes i have said too thats it not only diet, a relaxed atmosphere and i would add someone who has a peacefull presence looking after them plus fun and constructive things to do.. what happens when they are as big as you and their behaviour, for sake of argument, is worse...what will you dfo then, cos the time will come. look many folk can do it, that you cannot doesn't mean there are not alternayives and ways to deal with it beyond hitting just that you don't know them is all.

we both agree the medication is bad, i pat you on the back for this.

cheers am i good boy now. i don't need encouraging.

whats that got to do with what i said? that was in reply to the implication that i thought all tantrums were adhd...

but no sadly i have not found any natural remedies for adhd, if i had this all would have been avoided :p

so why post at all?..no winks, rolling eyes or poke tongues, tc

have you ever tried flower essences on youyr brothers. i recommend them.

trappedinabody
13-06-2012, 05:34 AM
"diet, a relaxed atmosphere and i would add someone who has a peacefull presence looking after them plus fun and constructive things to do"
unfortunately this is life and not all of these things are in every situation you have to deal with throughout any given day.
kids act up when they dont get their way, its part of growing up.

"cheers am i good boy now. i don't need encouraging."
lol... well... sorry for the encouragement... i guess...?...

im gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess you are not around kids very often.

"whats that got to do with what i said? that was in reply to the implication that i thought all tantrums were adhd..."
that has nothing specifically to do with what you have said, this is a question i am asking you...hence the question mark :p

"so why post at all?..no winks, rolling eyes or poke tongues, tc"
jeeez... i posted because i saw someone make a post comparing giving medication to a child with adhd was as necessary as giving an inhaler to a child with asthma.
and then i posted again to agree with this
"Originally Posted by sesheta
I would never condone striking a child hard enough to actually physically harm them...but I think when I child is young, a firm spanking to let them know that the situation is serious and that you will not tolerate the behaviour, sometimes works better than any amount of "speaking to them" can."
which is then of course when you attacked me for i cannot agree with someone for not know their mind or something...?

and no i have not tried flower essance on my little brothers for an occasional acting out... they are kids.

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 07:24 AM
unfortunately this is life and not all of these things are in every situation you have to deal with throughout any given day.
kids act up when they dont get their way, its part of growing up.

yeah and some folk deal with perfectly well without hitting.

lol... well... sorry for the encouragement... i guess...?...

no appology necessary

im gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess you are not around kids very often.

up until my reactions got severe i spent 3-4 whole days a week for 12-13 years looking after a child and many times his friends as well.

"whats that got to do with what i said? that was in reply to the implication that i thought all tantrums were adhd..."
that has nothing specifically to do with what you have said, this is a question i am asking you...hence the question mark :p

it was under a statement i made hence the confusion. i normally delete what i'm not answering to. in answer to the question what do you do if you're child occasionally acts, say 3 times a week...i think you know my views on this already....

jeeez... i posted because i saw someone make a post comparing giving medication to a child with adhd was as necessary as giving an inhaler to a child with asthma.

fair enough, i liked that post but forgot it was you.

and then i posted again to agree with this
"Originally Posted by sesheta
I would never condone striking a child hard enough to actually physically harm them...but I think when I child is young, a firm spanking to let them know that the situation is serious and that you will not tolerate the behaviour, sometimes works better than any amount of "speaking to them" can."

many folk manage without resorting to violence just you and sesheta can't. physical harm is not the only type of harm.

which is then of course when you attacked me for i cannot agree with someone for not know their mind or something...?

why is an opinion an attack? i stand by that statement and assert that it is not asttack unless you can show me how or why it is. she might find your use of force excessive, can't say for sure asd she doesn't know the times/reasons when you use it and vice versa.

and no i have not tried flower essance on my little brothers for an occasional acting out... they are kids.

personally i don't need flower essences everytime a kid is ruffled as do many others not need it, but i offer as a means for you to overt resorting to violence which i would have thought is desirable esp[ecially if resorting to violence is accepotable a few times a week which isn't that occasional is it.. and as you say that if a child acts up a few times a week , what do you do, a lil smack etc...i was smacked at home and thats very excessive even by my mother's standards.

so have you had a nice day? taking my lad to work in a bit as we've just got him a part time job. we can be friendly and disagree.

Sybilline
13-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Necta, what is this flower essence? I have essential oils in mind... Am I correct? :icon_cat:

Sybilline
13-06-2012, 07:44 AM
in fact i would categoreically state that hitting and violence is not a natural remedy for adhd....

Oh! I agree. Definitely not, if it's actually ADHD. The ones I mentioned earlier, I suppose I forgot to clear up, is for hyper and attention-seeking children, that are taking it way too far, and if you're sure it's not ADHD (again, I have read non-physical methods work, too) :D

IMO, hitting a kid with ADHD to try to calm him down is like calling a mentally-challenged child "stupid" because he can't do stuff like other kids his age can.

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Necta, what is this flower essence? I have essential oils in mind... Am I correct? :icon_cat:

hi Sybil, no they're completely different. not to say that lavender and other oils wouldn't calm an atmosphere but essences are more direct and powerfull at affecting the emotions of a space and person i feel. they're very easy and i would say fun to make. it's closer to homeopathy though different. a flower head is tipped over so that it touches the water in a container (for a few minutes if not longer). one drop of this is added to another fresh container of water or alcohol if its expected to last (this is now your stock bottle) and then a drop of that (from the stock bottle) is added to another container/vial of alcohol (this is the one that is administered from).

i used to use "jan de vries" child essence...you can get "woman essence" etc etc "calm and clear" etc......one way they work is that the clolour of the flower has a similar vibratory frequency to it's corresponding chakra of similar colour...so a daffodil affrects the solar plexus and you can have multiple essences...tones and relaxes it. you can also get animal essences like "wolf"...and bach essences use trees as well. someone might be able to correct some of thius butr in essnce! i think its along the right lines. i have made it before...there are youtube vids and it is easy. you generally add drops to a drink or it can be sprayed as well. they are very powerful is my experience. check em out, make your own, sell them, what a great way to earn a living.

my 17 year old lad still uses the sprays now and he's into football and all that. i doubt he tells his mates its flower essence lol but he likes it...smells nice cos it has essential oils in it to.

some folk use them just for general space clearing and atmosphere calming on a daily basis. they're great for interviews and exams. my lad had some for his latest job intervbiew..

Flower Essences and Children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkhJPFLZGe0

first one i could find ^

Sybilline
13-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Oh! Hm, never heard of them! :)) Sounds like something I can do on my free time indeed, thanks!

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Oh! I agree. Definitely not, if it's actually ADHD. The ones I mentioned earlier, I suppose I forgot to clear up, is for hyper and attention-seeking children, that are taking it way too far, and if you're sure it's not ADHD (again, I have read non-physical methods work, too) :D

it was clear that most would not hit an ill child but a react up of any kind could be said to have it roots in a problem that might not be of the "well" childs making....not that react ups should never happen but that i don't see them as the fauilt of the child most of the time so why blame them and if it is their fault you can aoid violence so why not. and as you probably know adhd comes in degrees and can be easily missed...better to have a blanket no violence approach and cover all bases, for me anyways. and i would say that additives and sugar, pesticvides etc will make most children hyper and hard to control, hence why pesticides are band in baby food in the uk but there's so many other triggers. i know its hard, parents are stressed but you can just say no to that one approach.

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 08:19 AM
there was a study done on rats; when they were fed a typical western diet they interbred and became aggressive...when this was changed to a wholefood organic diet the interbreeding stopped and they became gentle and caring toweard their young.

the fact that animal testing is wrong aside, it has some important ramifications on how diet can affect behaviour, even sexually, of animals and humans.

Sybilline
13-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Oh dear... Well I guess it's no surprise, I mean those GMO's and stuff are practically, well, just not food, they can be made of anything, cellulose (ie, paper pulp), wood lacquer, etc, anything BUT food!

It makes me sad to think that our children are eating this garbage, and that capitalism is making it more and more difficult to get to the organic stuff, by making them so much more inaccessible, and seemingly expensive.

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 11:14 AM
i see your a young male trappedinabody, don't know why but i assumed you to be female, excuse the confusion. are you reprimanding your brothers? as i find the notion of an older brother giving their younger brother "a lil smack on the butt" a bit odd. and if "a few times a week" is acceptable one would wonder whether smacking was your first resort..

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 02:19 PM

i would like to draw your attention to the idea of the specific affect of smacking the buttocks as opposed to any other part of the body. i had always considered this to be sexually violating. the following is excerpted from this page which you might like to peruse. it's well written i feel:: http://nospank.net/sexdngrs.htm

THE SEXUAL DANGERS
OF SPANKING CHILDREN

Spanking, defined as slapping of the buttocks, is a form of hitting and thus of physical violence. That fact alone should make the spanking of children unacceptable by the same standards that protect adults, who are not as vulnerable. However, there is more to spanking than simply hitting: spanking also trespasses on one of the body’s most private and sexual areas—the buttocks.

Children are sexual beings
The sexuality of the buttocks is significant not just to adults, but to children as well. Even though they are sexually immature and without an active sex drive, children are from birth neurologically complete sexual beings who are capable of experiencing erotic sensation. The existence of pedophiles, furthermore, means that children can also become the targets of sexual intentions. As much as we might like to imagine childhood as an innocent, carefree world beyond the influence of sexuality, we do children a disservice if we fail to recognize that they too have erogenous zones which deserve consideration and respect.

Spanking as sexual violation
Since children are sexual beings and since the buttocks are a sexual region of the body, we should question the propriety of slapping children’s buttocks. We generally understand that fondling or caressing a child’s buttocks is a sexual offense (even if the child does not understand it to be so). We also know that slapping an adult’s buttocks is a sexual offense (even if the offender does not get sexual pleasure from doing so).

The question, then, is why slapping a child’s buttocks is not considered a sexual offense. Is it because spanking, unlike fondling, is physically painful and used to punish misbehavior? No, or painfully spanking a misbehaving adult would not be a sexual offense. Is it because children are less likely to be sexual targets than adults, less likely to feel violated, and therefore protected less strictly? No, or fondling an adult would be a far more serious crime than fondling a child. A more plausible explanation for this breach of logic is simply that the majority of people are unable or unwilling to believe there could be anything indecent about a practice as old, common and accepted as the spanking of children—something which nearly everyone has received, given or witnessed at least once. And since spankings typically come from esteemed or even beloved authority figures, many people are loath to question this behavior.

Spanking as sexual abuse
As in ages past, there are people today who are sexually excited by spanking. This trait, which is often expressed in pornography and associated with sadomasochism, is known in scientific literature as flagellantism. While many flagellants seek to engage in consensual spanking between adults, some find the spanking of minors to be either more arousing or more opportune.

a very insdightfull article in my view.

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 02:28 PM
some quotes::

“In many cases, the avowed disciplinary value of flagellation in schools and colleges was a mere pretense to enable sadists to secure sexual titillation.”
George Ryley Scott

“The adult flagellant fantasy, in short, always derives from the infantile one. As with all sexual perversions, we are dealing with a variety of arrested development...that puberty and subsequent experience have been unable to dislodge... We need to examine its roots in childhood...”
Ian Gibson,

“Frequent spankings, too, may have a negative impact on sex development. Because of the proximity of the sex organs, a child may get sexually aroused when spanked. Or he may so enjoy the making up that follows the punishment that he will seek suffering as a necessary prelude to love. There are many adult couples who seem to need a good fight before a good night.”
Dr. Haim G. Ginott,

but the fact that many have had and do it makes us insensitive to the ramifications of the action of smacking a child here..

trappedinabody
13-06-2012, 06:38 PM
what does my gender have to do with anything? or my age? are you a sexist?
imo these quotes you post display a very odd gross way of thinking about it.
also imo to say we can be friendly and disagree and then to come back later on and suggest these quotes which insinuate someone who spanks children as being a child molester is a very funny way of trying to bring peace...
i never said i spank my brothers, i never said they get spanked everytime they act up. i will say that to falsely assume is a very bad habit, however.
i stand by my view that spanking is better than these adhd medications as a first resort. (have you ever seen the test which "verifies" if your child does or does not have adhd?) i stand by my view that if the spanking is giving you no results, it is time to try something new, and the things you suggest would probably work just fine. (this was my way of trying to be friendly and disagree since the beginning...)
however, to see a child act up and automatically go to changing all these things is ridiculous. children are growing up, they are learning. part of that learning is learning discipline, when and when not a certain behavior is acceptable.

and might i add that the buttocks is the most cushioned part of the body, so an occasional slap anywhere else imo would be violence.
also i could see that excessive spanking or spanking hard enough to leave a mark is violent.

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 07:54 PM
what does my gender have to do with anything? or my age? are you a sexist?
imo these quotes you post display a very odd gross way of thinking about it.
also imo to say we can be friendly and disagree and then to come back later on and suggest these quotes which insinuate someone who spanks children as being a child molester is a very funny way of trying to bring peace...
i never said i spank my brothers, i never said they get spanked everytime they act up. i will say that to falsely assume is a very bad habit, however.
i stand by my view that spanking is better than these adhd medications as a first resort. (have you ever seen the test which "verifies" if your child does or does not have adhd?) i stand by my view that if the spanking is giving you no results, it is time to try something new, and the things you suggest would probably work just fine. (this was my way of trying to be friendly and disagree since the beginning...)
however, to see a child act up and automatically go to changing all these things is ridiculous. children are growing up, they are learning. part of that learning is learning discipline, when and when not a certain behavior is acceptable.

and might i add that the buttocks is the most cushioned part of the body, so an occasional slap anywhere else imo would be violence.
also i could see that excessive spanking or spanking hard enough to leave a mark is violent.

nothing wrong with your sex or age, just a surprise thats all. never said you did spank your bros i was asking if you did. i haven't been unfriendly and the posts are for everyone not just you. i said i disagree with your version of discipline and how you chjose to enforce it...for me folk look outward for discipline when they have none inwardly. the post was trying to show you that some people think that smacking this area is very wrong for the reasons stated. i haven't done any lols ;) or :D but tried to put the points as i see it without being personal but at the same time expressing myself, ok.

you portray me as the bad guy whilst at the same time claim to be friendly. you look for any avenue to lump me as the hobgoblin. a sharp word of anger directed at someone is a form of violence i feel, so just because it doesn't physically hurt does not mean that its not damaging emotionally, spiritually, sexually and mentally. just because many do it, as the post says, does not mean its not a terrible act. even if you've never layed your hands on anyone ever you accept a few times a week on the "butt" as ok behaviour, i strongly disagree.

Arcturus
13-06-2012, 08:03 PM
look chap you know what i think i know what you think and everyone knows what we think so how about agree to disagree and shake hands?

NIRVANA
01-10-2012, 01:17 AM
hi Daisy, if you're referring to my post then i said, "whenever possible, avoid"...not don't give them.
where has anyone implied its not real?
i believe amphetamine is one drug used to control adhd...surely if you can control with diet or other factors then thats preferable no? my doctor can't stand complimentary therapy. the OP is asking for natural remedy advice and the forum subsection is "natural remedies".
n3

Vitamin B3 is having some very good results and also coconut oil .In my opinion its alot safer than using drugs from the doctor that can have nasty long term effects.:smile:

NIRVANA
01-10-2012, 01:19 AM
tryptophan and high dosages of niacin...

search for ADHD and niacin...

Niacin has been my life saver from a kundalini experience that went wrong.

Just make sure the niacin which you use is nicotinic acid the others are bad for liver in high doses.