PDA

View Full Version : 9/11: In Memoriam

Greybeard
11-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I just looked at http://moggysworldofastrology-moggy.blogspot.com/, which is Moggy's blog. There she publishes the "Event Chart" for the cowardly attack on the World Trade Center.

I personally pay little attention to "mundane astrology," which is the study of the collective through astrology. It deals with events and trends affecting the mass of humanity: nations, associations, weather, economic trends and so on.

Therefore I have never seen the chart for the moment of the attack before.

This is a remarkable chart.

The overall pattern of planetary distribution is what Jones calls the "Locomotive." This pattern signifies things which are "driven," powerful, having great momentum (the pattern is based on the Trine aspect, which signifies "momentum" -- things that continue and build upon themselves, are subject to change only by application of powerful external force). So whatever happens on this day, the 11th of September, will express this characteristic of Momentum. The Locomotive pattern is very much concerned with practical results. The structure of this chart is based on the Air signs which are detached and impersonal, and can quite easily treat people as mere ideas or objects (there is a Grand Trine in Air which provides the structural framework for the chart and determines the overall pattern.)

Space does not allow for a thorough analysis of the chart. So I will simply point out some features that strike me as important.

The Leading Planet in this Locomotive pattern is Saturn, in the 15th degree of Gemini in the Ninth House (Interestingly, both Lilly and Partridge give the colors "green and white" [in combination] to the Ninth House.) The Leading Planet is always put into High Focus...it signifies "what leads the native into experience" in natal charts. In this type of chart, an event chart, it will show "who or what brings the event into manifestation," and can refer to people, a person, a prior event that leads up to the event under consideration, an ideology or whatever is the the "primal cause" of this event.

When Saturn is brought to high focus in any chart, a handy keyword for his amplified significance is Shrewdness. Based on the nature of the event, whoever was behind this bestial act is shrewd. The event was coldly calculated, carefully planned, and was brewed up by conservative, traditional, reactionary elements. The role of Saturn as leading planet suggests someone older, somehow bent or handicapped or in poor condition, in or from a foreign country and possibly concerned with religion and holding to rigid or dogmatic principles or ideals. This person or persons (Gemini suggests "more than one") desired to accomplish a great deal with the least amount of expenditure of resources or effort (Saturn in partile trine to Mercury.) They are extraordinarily patient and disciplined.

Mercury is brought to extraordinary power in this chart. He is in partile conjunction with Ascendant, directly rules the highly focused Saturn (and as mentioned is in partile trine with Saturn as well,) and is Almuten of the figure. From his accidentally dignified position, Mercury is also lord of the Sun and 12th House cusp, in point focus. Gadsbury calls Mercury "the author of strife and contentions" and this planet is at the forefront of the chart. Quite frankly, I am unsure just what role Mercury plays in this event, how it should be interpreted. Mercury square to Jupiter often suggests difficulties concerning religious matters, and especially with Mercury rising (Jupiter being exalted and at the Upper Angle, too) implies wide diffusion of surprising news. A big splash.

The Moon is void of course, normally meaning "nothing will happen;" but of course something very terrible did happen. Moon rules the 10th house of authority, the president. Void of course, in this case, might be interpreted as "unable to act." The Moon is in the "distant" 9th House, in Gemini of young children.

Greybeard
11-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Oh, one other thing that catches my eye in this chart. Six planets sit right on house cusps, three of them within degree. If we include Mars' conjunction with the Dragon's Tail (ouch) it makes seven total and four within degree. I would be inclined to interpret this very unusual set of positions as meaning there is intention and action meant to influence circumstances on a wide scale, and because the house cusps and nodes are axial (have two ends) in nature, there will be a lot of "reflex action," echoes and repercussions.