PDA

View Full Version : connecting/finding your guide

dark_veil
27-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi all

could you help or advice me how to connect or find my spirit guide, I already see things and have visions, I have been told several times I have the gift but at the moment dont know how to tune into it properly

any help or advice would be gratefully recieved, I want to progress further

with huggs and blessings
dark veil

daisy
27-01-2007, 08:09 PM
regular meditation certainly helped me with this but do talk to your guide regularly too whether you 'think' they're listening or not, they will be ask them for a sign. hope that helpsxx

dreamer
27-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Your spirit guide is just that, your own spirit guiding you. Connecting is a giving up of what you think you are and what you think you know so that the spirit can act through you, but it is your spirit, you are it - so nothing to be frightened of. Try meditating and asking your God/highest self to take up all your blocks, offer up your blocks, those things that stop you experiencing constant bliss, the internal dialogue you have in your head is your connection to your guide, you have a master within who is your best/divine self talk to your best self and you are talking to God/spirit guides IMO.

All the best with it.

dark_veil
28-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Thank you for your help I will try these things

huggs
dark veil

OceanWaves19161
29-01-2007, 03:50 AM
I had problems with this too so I got someone else to ask how I could hear my spirit guides and my guides said just talk to them, they hear everything you say/think. Mine said to treat them like a friend and ask about their lives etc like you would with anyone you were developing a relationship with (you probably wont get any answers at first though). When they think your sincere and ready they'll come to you.

Alana:)

Light Mage
29-01-2007, 04:12 AM
"When they think your sincere and ready they'll come to you."

Shouldn't spirit guides be a little more co-operative than that?

OceanWaves19161
29-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Lol I once thought that as well but soon learnt better!. Nah spirit guides are cooperative but they usually come after you've shown a thirst for knowledge and growth(thats what I meant by sincere) and when your spiritually ready for it as well

dreamer
29-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Its like anything before you apply your will to do it it won't get done. YOUR spirit only serves what you ask for and you will only understand when you are willing to receive.

spiritalk
30-01-2007, 05:06 PM
With meditation as the tool, set a scene of peace to bring your body, mind, spirit in balance and peace. Within the scene of peace a symbol can be set (i.e. a flower in a garden) and a seat on which to greet your guide. When the vibration changes (it is all about energies) the guide is present. Ask your questions, design our own connection and work in partnership in this attunement.

God bless, J

Silky
12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi dark veil,
I echo what Ocean Waves says here...even if you can't sense your guide, that doesn't mean they're not there or aren't listening. Sometimes we even get signs that we completely overlook - I've lost count of the number of times something just "pops" into my head from nowhere and sometimes these thoughts are just too relevant to be sheer coincidence.

I had a very positive experience with my guide recently. Politics were at play at work and one morning I'd really had enough, down to the point of planning to just walk out. At lunch I went for a walk up a hill, and had a bit of a whinge to my guide, asking him to help me as much as he could. By the time my lunch hour was over, it was like someone had just given me a shot of adrenalin and I went back, positively and in full fighting spirit. The change was quite startling and certainly took my warring colleagues by surprise!

Chat to your guide, treat him like a silent friend, and watch out for the signs.
Silky x