PDA

View Full Version : wont post

Tuliana
09-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Several times I have written lengthy posts. I hit submit and it kicks it out/wont post.

It is really frustrating because I don't feel like going back and retyping all of that info.

Why is it doing this?

Kaere
09-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Are you making sure to check the "remember me" box when you sign in?

The forum will automatically sign you out after fifteen minutes of inactivity. So if it takes you twenty minutes to write something, you've been logged out.

Make sure to check the box when you sign in - and some members find it helpful to write their lengthier posts in notepad or word and then copy and paste it.

Shantyaikya
10-09-2011, 05:49 AM
To be fair, and I'm not sure if this affects posting, but the cookie here expires in about 10 minutes. I know this because I use chat fairly frequently and sometimes it's required to refresh the forums to use the private chat feature or to reload the chat if I get disconnected. Perhaps the life of the cookie could be increased to a greater length of time?

midnightstar
10-09-2011, 10:42 AM
It will still post if you log in again when it shouts at you so you don't need to retype everything :smile:

Maiya
10-09-2011, 01:17 PM
If your post is going to be quite long it’s definitely a good idea to do a draft of it in notepad first.

I’m having a problem too. Not so much being timed out but often when I click new posts or Today’s Posts it tells me there are none.

Is there a solution to this?

innerlight
10-09-2011, 02:30 PM
If your post is going to be quite long it’s definitely a good idea to do a draft of it in notepad first.

I’m having a problem too. Not so much being timed out but often when I click new posts or Today’s Posts it tells me there are none.

Is there a solution to this?

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17454

theophilus
10-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Another way to keep from getting logged out when making a long post is to click on the Preview Post button frequently while you are writing the post.

Maiya
10-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I’m sorry but I don’t think it has anything to do with the browser. I’m on many forums and this is the only one that I have experienced a problem with. I recon it has more to do with the board settings than what browser we use. :smile:

innerlight
10-09-2011, 03:37 PM
I’m sorry but I don’t think it has anything to do with the browser. I’m on many forums and this is the only one that I have experienced a problem with. I recon it has more to do with the board settings than what browser we use. :smile:

What browser are you currently using?

Soul Searching
10-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Another way to keep from getting logged out when making a long post is to click on the Preview Post button frequently while you are writing the post.

This is what I always do ...... it works every time Tuliana.

I had the same problem when I first joined the forum ....... writing long posts, and then being frustrated when trying to submit, only to find I wasn't logged in any more.

Never lost a post since learning this little dodge .......... :smile:

Maiya
10-09-2011, 08:26 PM
What browser are you currently using?

IE9. ..................

innerlight
11-09-2011, 03:12 AM
IE9. ..................

I figured you were. It's not a problem with the forum. It's a problem with IE9 and the way they cache out their cookies. If you read the thread I posted two replies up it will tell you somethings you can try to [hopefully] solve your problem.

Adrienne
11-09-2011, 02:48 PM
time to cache in your cookies in exchange for chocolate ! :D

just ask Soul Searching :tongue:
Never lost a post since learning this little dodge ..........

Maiya
11-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I figured you were. It's not a problem with the forum. It's a problem with IE9 and the way they cache out their cookies. If you read the thread I posted two replies up it will tell you somethings you can try to [hopefully] solve your problem.

Thank you. :hug3:

For now the only thing that works is logging out and then logging in again and clicking New Post since Last Visit.

Hopefully there will be a better solution by the time I become a real member and can access my profile. :wav:

Maiya
22-09-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm still having a problem getting New Posts to come up. Logging in and out keeps changing my other preferences so I can't keep doing that.

Going to check for other solutions.

Dreamer_love
22-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Several times I have written lengthy posts. I hit submit and it kicks it out/wont post.

It is really frustrating because I don't feel like going back and retyping all of that info.

Why is it doing this?

Also, try to CTRL + V the written text before hitting the submit reply button in case it goes wrong!:wink:

norseman
22-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Best way with long posts is still to write them in Word and save them. Then do the usual.
Oh, don't log out !

Silver
22-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I type long posts on an email first, then if I want to work on it later, I can just work on it later and I will have myself a copy too.