PDA

View Full Version : Whitecloud Tribe?

illini66
08-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Helllo everyone! I am new to this site and this is my first post. I stumbled across this site on a google search regarding the White Cloud Native American Tribe, which brings me to this topic. Not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this but I'll give it a go anyways.

I have some Native American in my heritage and would like to learn more about it; Through my great grandma who's maiden name is Eastwood. I was told that the tribe name from which I have some heritage are called the Whitecloud Indians. Now... when my mom was younger and she heard this she thought it was a joke because at the time there was a tissue brand called whitecloud. Anyways, I've never heard the name of this tribe throughout history books in school throughout the years. But we could come to an agreement that the history book are dumbed down anyways. I've read about Chief Whitecloud but never heard of a the tribe or anything. Could this be mistaken for a different name or what?

If anyone has some knowledge of this or could point me in the right direction to where I could find out more, please let me know.

Thanks,
Anthony

earthprowler
08-09-2011, 06:04 PM
not sure but here is a link you could check out:

http://www.cyndislist.com/native-american/

good luck! :D

Sentientno1
08-09-2011, 08:58 PM
illini,

the only thing i can recall regarding your question, was reading some years ago that the Lakota/Lakota refered to thier alies, the Cheyanne, as 'people of the cloudes' Never saw anything else to confirm that statement. But, hey, it may be a clue, or not.

Sentientno1
08-09-2011, 09:24 PM
This is a link to tribal names: http://www.nativevillage.org/Messages%20from%20the%20People/tribal_names%20from%20Phil%20Konstantin.htm

If you look you will find , Binigulaza, "people of the clouds"

While doing some ancestery search i unexpectidly found i have some creek ancesters.

Jules
09-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi illini,

Welcome to the site. This has been bugging me all day :) .. there is a whitecloud group that I know of. leave this with me and I'll get back to you as soon as I've found out any more info.

Take care
Jue x

Jules
09-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Anthony, I've inboxed you

illini66
10-09-2011, 04:20 AM
Thank you everyone for the input and info! I will continue to look around, this helps a lot.