PDA

View Full Version : EMDR therapy

moke64916
04-09-2011, 11:53 AM
EMDR therapy is used for people that have PTSD. It is very effective. It is based on REM sleep. When you are in REM sleep, your mind processes information. This is the concept with EMDR therapy. What you do is you go to the thought that gives you fear. While you relive the thought, the therapists use three techniques to process information. They will either tap on one knee to the other back and forth, snap their fingers from one ear to the other, or use a penmoved from side to side. They do this while you face your fearful thought. What hapoens is that thought that you fear will lead to another thought. Once you get your next thought, you focus on that thought. It will lead to another and so on. You are processing information when you do this. Eveentually it will free you from PTSD.

kaz13
12-09-2011, 12:16 PM
i had EMDR performed upon me for PTSD i was having uncontolable flash backs which were taking over my life...at first i thought to myself how on earth is this going to help me but to my suprise the flash backs stoped i would recomend this to anyone it certainly worked for me.

Silver
12-09-2011, 04:45 PM
This sounds sort of related to EFT, which I recently tried and find it immensely helpful. Thank you for sharing this!