PDA

View Full Version : Faith Not Religions

akbar
23-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I am a farmer from Punjab Pakistan. I shared all likings, dislikings and beliefs with the people around me. As I grew up things began to change. I have never been abroad and never discussed my faith openly with any one but only on net. I believe that the God of universe is the God od mankind; not of religions, communities or groups and that unlike religions faith in the God is neither a heritage nor an inheritance.
I want to discuss my faith with you people and would not mind any questioning, comments or criticism harsh or mild.

I am your friend also,

May not be of your skin,
May not be of your nation,
May not be of your language,
May not be of your standard,

Yet I can live as you live,
Yet I can sing as you sing,
Can love your art and ways of life,
The land you live in or any sight,

I can join you in sad and glad,
Can share your hopes and wear as you clad,
Can join you in prayers where you pray,
Though I shall say silently what I have to say,

The God I pray is your God also,
May be more yours than mine also,
The God of universe and mankind also,
I am your friend also.

I can join you to defend the just,
If you are to help weak or oppressed,
But if I happen to meet the others,
If they claim to behave as human brothers,
I may be very easily inspired also,
No restraint shall then I abide by also,
I shall embrace and say to them also,
I am your friend also.

ljepotica
23-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Hello akhbar,

Welcome to this forum:)

That is a lovely poem.

I hope that you have a great time here and have a lot of interesting discussions.
Here you will many fascinating people to discuss with:)

Btw: my parents and most of my relatives are from Lahore and some of my relatives are also in Karachi.

I hope you a pleasant time here.

Take care,

S xxxx

Moonflower
23-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Greetings & salutations Akbar

You are very welcome to SF & what refreshing lovely words, yes we are all one I too am spiritual without the need for labels.

I am a complimentary therapist & a healer I hope we can learn something from one another :hug3:

Love & Light Moonflower x

Blip
23-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Nice to meet you Akbar.. I Look forward to your input.. The power of the internet is a truly wonderfull thing ...It has , and continues to, bring people closer together and generates more understanding and acceptance between peoples, then any Government or individual relgion ever has.. Although I am fairly new here also, Welcome to the Forum Friend.....

akbar
23-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I am thankful to you for welcoming me as I am an out law of religions. It is interesting that you have such deeper links in Pakistan. Much thanks again.

akbar
23-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Friends I would be thankful to you if you point out any incontinuance, incoherance and inconformity in any of my posts.
As already said I would illustrate my faith which is not a religion or any religion.

Free thoughts Take you out of any religion and meditation takes you in spirtuality.

cweiters
23-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Hello Arkbar welcome to SF I feel oneness on this forum, hope you will feel it also

Love to all
cw

dreamer
23-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey arkar,

i loved your poem and welcome. Did you know faith meant open mindedness 2000 years ago? The meaning has been somewhat changed in the intervening time.

ljepotica
23-01-2007, 06:09 PM
There is no such thing as being an outlaw on this forum as you will see Akbar-I don't feel that you will offend anybody for you have made your intentions for joining this forum clear and I'm sure that all will welcome you-and we look forward to hearing from you more:)

Your idea on faith is brilliant and truly inspiring...

Take care,

S xxx

jammy
23-01-2007, 10:20 PM
welcome akbar i hope you enjoy ur time here

valsbutterflies
23-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Welcome Akbar,

Loved your poem it touched my soul. Can't wait to read more of your posts. I'm also new here as of this afternoon. I'm also like you and have kept quiet about my beliefs since I usually got frowns from people around me, even my own family. I wonder why our world has come to the point where everything and every person needs to be labled, so sad.

I think all us newbies will learn a lot from the wonderful people on this board.

Valsbutterflies

rose
24-01-2007, 12:25 AM
if you are human then you are welcome here as we are all equals. but if cats and dogs etc could talk and discuss ideas then they would be welcome too :)

i really hope you enjoy this board and help us grow all together.:hug3:

BLAIR2BE
24-01-2007, 01:52 AM
ghandi said "i am christian, i am jewish, i am hindu, i am muslim", the point is he was none of these labels, he was a "man of god" or whatever you like to call it. he recognized what you refer to akbar. ghandi was not a conformist. ghandi simply is!! it is wonderful that you realize that you are of god as apposed to of "this" god or "that" god. this is a big step many will never take!!

tiltjlp
24-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Greetings akbar,

You are most welcome here, friend, you're post is wonderful and refreshing. In spite of outward differences, what's important is what's inside, and there we're all very similar.

I found your poem touching and inspiring. I would like to invite you to visit my poetry forum, Word By Word, see the link in my signature, and would love to have you register there and join our global members. The Word By Word forum is small, but we have active members from Croatia, India, Canada, and Australia, and me, I'm from the US.

Peace, love, and respect have you boundaries.

John

akbar
24-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I visited your site but let me first illustrate my faith here. I think friends here want me to do so. I hope you would not mind as my first priority is to discuss and explain my faith and not to establish myself as a poet or writer.

akbar
24-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I am thankful to all of you who have motivated me a lot to express myself freely. You enjoy freedom of expression but you already know my condition. I do not claim any special attachments with the God but let me say generally not particularly.

Now doubt freedom is good for all but some times supression breeds much better humans than freedom can.

akbar
24-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I believe that the faith I believe in remain unchanged from beginning of the world to this time and date. I have not made any new thing. It is all general not mine, not regional, not time bound etc. I hope none of you would feel any thing personal in it however I would be glad if any friend points out deficiencies in it. I am an ordinory farmer, an ordinory human so I may err just like any one of you.

tiltjlp
24-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I visited your site but let me first illustrate my faith here. I think friends here want me to do so. I hope you would not mind as my first priority is to discuss and explain my faith and not to establish myself as a poet or writer.

Not at all. I just liked youe poem and thought I'd mention my site. While it would be great to have you join there thst's of course entirely up to you.

John

akbar
24-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Please be patient and ignore my wring English if there is any. I promise not to leave till you are satisfied with my explainations of my faith.

akbar
24-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Friends I observed that,

Mostly people are inclined to believe what they like to believe and are not inclined to believe what they do not like to belive. Such inclinations made/make different religions while pure faith in the God requires rising above all such pre- occupied likings and dislikings.

akbar
24-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I appreciate Ghandi gee's thoughts. In fact religions have created much deep rooted divisions and also hatred among humans. Heinous cruelties have been perpetrated in history in the name of religions. What a God /gods that allow or perhaps order such cruelties, torture, killings?

The claim of supremacy in religion, race, language, etc breeds terrorism. The God of universe is the God of mankind and not god of any ethical group. But the groups are too much selfish to believe that the God is on their side. Every group cherishes the belief that the God has given them special preference to others. The preferences claimed are in respect of holy personalities, saints, books, the way and language they worship in. They think that every- thing which belongs to their cult is superior, so the others should follow. Moreover their cult will supercede in this world and will be rewarded in the everlasting world after death/re-creation.

akbar
24-01-2007, 03:44 PM
DON

Pounamu
25-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Dear Akbar,
:hug3:
I hear you, and feel your feelings!
I have never been in the physical situation in this life, to have feared for my life from terrorism; but I agree that it is a most unfortunate thing to be entangled with... I am sure the aim of Humanity and Mother Earth is to rise up and out of the consciousness where terrorism can be a threat, as soon as we can. It is my understanding that generally speaking, these terrorist acts are based on karma, and are intensifying now because they need to be faced compassionately, forgiven and resolved within ourselves - then we would not be so likely to attract such a circumstance to ourselves. Karma is complicated to understand, and you might not be able to see how this could be right now; but so it seems to me.

For in the last analysis, we create our own reality, and it is only ourselves that we can change (in my opinion).

When we can become at peace within ourselves, and forgive all others around us their turbulence of mind and feelings, we will find our world will become more peaceful. Love is the key!

And you are right: God (by whatever name) is the God of all - the First Source, our Creator! I believe the different religions were meant to be finely tuned to their respective cultures' understandings, but have been corrupted somewhat over the centuries by human agendas... Forgive it all; it will eventually be straightened out, as Earth goes ahead into the new millenium with its rising vibratory (spiritual) level, I believe. Be of good cheer!

Blessings and Namaste!
Pounamu

akbar
25-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Let us start the discussion about Faith. I think forums with the heading, "General beliefs" would be appropriate. I hope you would join and give me company.

akbar
25-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Can I post same poems here in this forum and the forum you mentioned?
If so I would certainly like to post there also and would you guide me under which heading I should post my poems?

regards and love,
Akbar

tiltjlp
25-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Can I post same poems here in this forum and the forum you mentioned?
If so I would certainly like to post there also and would you guide me under which heading I should post my poems?

regards and love,
Akbar

Sure, here you should post them in the Poetry Section (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=39) .

At Word By Word, after registering, please read at least the Posting Guidelines. While there is a Spiritual Section, we don't permit Religious or Preachy poetry to be posted. From what I;ve read of yours they would best fit in the Spiritual section there. After I read them, if I think they would be better suited for a different section, I can move them. You might also want to post a Poet's Introduction. Hope you enjoy being a part of WBW.

Sincere blessings,

John