PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Spiritually

mokeboy
22-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi i am a person that has never really thought of my spiritual side. I guess maybe thats because I am unaware of what is a spiritual event. Could some of you share some examples of some spiritual events, or help describe what is a spiritual event, to help me think of some spiritual events i may have had but am just unaware of?

cweiters
22-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Hello Mokeboy it is my belief that All is spiritual, no big or little events just a wonderful journey of growth and decovery for us all........I'll hope you're having a spiritual event right now as you read through this thread you created. :hug2:

Love to all
cw

tiltjlp
22-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I agree. It's not about events but more about your attitude and approach to life, The more you evolve siritually the more peaceful you become and the more you'll evolve spiritually. This is one vicious circle that's worthwhile.

John

cweiters
22-01-2007, 07:43 PM
I apologize monkeboy you asked for an experience, okay here is one I found quite spiritually amusing:

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]This past weekend I agreed to dog sit for my friend, her dog is tricky. My door bell will ring each time my neighbor bell rings. This weekend was her husband

Monkey
23-01-2007, 12:49 AM
All life and experience is a spiritual event. The difference is perception, you either see it or you don't. No one can make another feel wonder, sense presence of a Higher Being, interact with that presence, especially if they are determined not to perceive those things. Its like trying to convince someone who has their eyes firmly shut that they aren't blind, that the world exists, its just that they have shut their eyes and need to open them. When you look at a child, you don't think, blood cells, skin, brain, age, etc, you think 'child', when I see a child, I don't see child, I see God's entrance into this world, I see God. These are all one event but the level of perception differs, depending on the perceiver's openess, spiritual enlightenment, etc.

One can choose to be an atheist all their lives and that is fine, I don't believe they will go to hell for it, I don't believe that one religious group alone go to heaven, etc, its just a shame that given the opportunity of life, to not see it in all its glory. Its their loss.

I congratulate you on asking the question, assuming its sincerely asked, you have taken the first step...'what am I missing?', the realisation that perhaps there is something more to what you have known. Not many get past that point, not even the very religious.

dreamer
23-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi i am a person that has never really thought of my spiritual side. I guess maybe thats because I am unaware of what is a spiritual event. Could some of you share some examples of some spiritual events, or help describe what is a spiritual event, to help me think of some spiritual events i may have had but am just unaware of?

Hey mokeboy,

have you ever wanted something and then without doing anything you received it? Had a wish thats come true or for that matter a fear that has come true?

Have you noticed that when you are feeling good good things happen to you and that when you are struggling things happen to make you struggle more?

It is in the noticing that the world around you is a metaphor for your own thoughts, beliefs and expectations that you can start to unravel what spirituality is and in so doing garner your power to create self fulfilment and really enjoy this great trip. IMO.

zozja
06-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Mokeboy,

What is a spiritual experience. Like the others said, I think the "experience" is happening every moment. But somehow, some of us miss it. For me, thought clouds my life and a perception of my existance becomes separate, limited, dull, lifeless, and painful.

So... beneath thought, what is left? After my story about what is happening to me, I am left just with what is happening. I find that when I am suffering over anything, there is a thought (or many thoughts) that I am clinging to in that moment. When I inquire into that thought with honesty and openness I discover that the suffering is only in believing the thoughts, not what is happening to me.

Then I am left with life as it is, uncorrupted by thought. Just life- total acceptance, and in that is love and peace. That is the experience we all want to experience right? Whether we call it spiritual or whatever.

Rebecca