PDA

View Full Version : The secret affirmations in music....

Thirteen
29-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Remember seeing a thread concerning affirmations and music. However it has eluded me, and my interest tonight is about the music we listen to and the affirmations within it.

Sometimes I know my guides are sending me messages via music, and sometimes I realize there is a message within the message within the music I listen to. Sometimes a repeated phrase, or some times the whole song, or the song's theme.

An example. Ministry's Jesus Built My Hot Rod. Has a few recurring thoughts. One was a quote from Wise Blood, a movie.

'Twas like where you're from weren't never there. Where you're going doesn't matter. And where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
This is how I know it:

Where you come from is gone, where you going was never really there and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.
Today I have decided to rewrite that quote:
Where you come from is but a distant melody, sometimes joyous and sometimes painful, where you are going is only there if you desire and work for it to be so, and where you are, is only good if you choose for it to be so. You always have a choice.
Have you ever wondered what affirmations are in the music you listen to? Have you ever seen a song change your mood?

Any you have rewritten? I have a few others.

Finnster
29-08-2011, 12:51 PM
As a former musician, music touches me in ways that I cannot describe. Certain songs do tend to place a certain mood over me, but for the most part, I sing. I used to play drums so singing was never my forte and I am just a car singer... a pretty good one I think.. LOL.

All music, regardless of the nastiest, crunchiest, heaviest screaming to the fluid beauty of native American music, is made with emotion. So that emotion tends to reach through to us.

One song on my old band's second album is one that always gets to me. The song is called Ultraviolet World and is one of my favorite songs of all time. The second verse is as follows:

In the temporary world, where I spend my working time, I struggle and strain, but the puppet strings are fastened to my spine.

That to me is an affirmation to get up, get out, do something to remember who you are.

OnAPath
29-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Very true!! All of it. Those of us that are musically inclined have known this for quite some time. Even music without lyrics invoke a message, a wave of emotions when thoughtfully listened to.

I personally love just turning on the radio, either what's on the airwaves or a disk, and listen. I feel so complete when the melodies caress my soul!

The affirmations vary, but I find whatever I'm listening to is exactly what I needed to hear. Songs absolutely change your mood! I even use that to my advantage sometimes. I've never changed the words. I understand them as they were written, and though it may make them easier to remember, or relay to someone else, it seems some of the meaning is lost by doing so.

Thirteen
30-08-2011, 11:17 PM
^^For me the meaning has to change. I can no longer live a life where the past is gone, the future was never there and where I am is somewhere I have to be way from.

My past will be a distant melody, my future will be there full of what I dream of, and here is pretty dam good even if I need a break from time to time.

Adrienne
04-10-2011, 06:13 AM
My past will be a distant melody, my future will be there full of what I dream of, and here is pretty dam good even if I need a break from time to time.

I like this Thirteen !

Dream Angel xx

LadyVirgoxoxo
05-10-2011, 05:30 PM
At the beginning of my relationship with my boyfriend I kept hearing the song, "Stuck With You" by Huey Lewis and the News. I figured that my guides were sending me the message that I would be stuck with him for awhile but we'd be happy about it! So far it's true but it hasn't been that long. Let's see if it'll be at least 6 months!

Silver
05-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Music is a reason for Living.

I only change the lyrics when I'm doing it in someone else's honor or memory or just for fun like Weird Al~*

It most definitely brings me to life. I like all kinds of music, except 'screaming' music, lol.

cazamac
09-10-2011, 07:17 PM
l have always had a song for diffrent things that have happened to me
a love music and always turn to it when am down x

Swami Chihuahuananda
11-10-2011, 02:59 AM
The soundtrack of my life is filled with fabulous things . Music is adoorway that's always open, always leading somewhere new and beautiful , or old and more beautiful than it was last time . Glorious music of all flavors ; eclectic, electric , energetic ; the juice that feeds my circuits . It truly is nourishment for the soul . I make a little music now and then, nothing too elaborate ; maybe something tasty for some of you here , baby steps , little Herculean efforts at expressing something of the infinity within .
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=113986&content=music

affirmation ?
you are the universe expressing itself as a single point (^8

(yeah, you )

Dar

redemption
12-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Very true!! All of it. Those of us that are musically inclined have known this for quite some time. Even music without lyrics invoke a message, a wave of emotions when thoughtfully listened to.

I personally love just turning on the radio, either what's on the airwaves or a disk, and listen. I feel so complete when the melodies caress my soul!

The affirmations vary, but I find whatever I'm listening to is exactly what I needed to hear. Songs absolutely change your mood! I even use that to my advantage sometimes. I've never changed the words. I understand them as they were written, and though it may make them easier to remember, or relay to someone else, it seems some of the meaning is lost by doing so.

This has happened to me so many times. It is amazing how music can truly uplift a person.

I will listen to feel-good music while going to work. When at work, I realize that I will be singing those lyrics over and over again. Instills a lot of power.

consciousawareness23
23-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Music is amazing with affirmations. Allows for the realization of them to manifest faster. I love them;)

OnederousTribe
24-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Listening to music certainly can be a spiritual experience! And I think what is fascinating is that there are no "right" or "wrongs" about music. If what you listen to uplifts you, then that is all that matters... no one else's taste in music can replace your own!

Seawolf
26-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I've just started writing music and I love it! It is a bit challenging, but I'm trying to just let my emotions come out and not think about it too much.
I'd say playing music is the most satisfying experience there is, it's so emotional and rewarding.