PDA

View Full Version : spiritual side

Mazy Lane
24-08-2011, 12:07 AM
I am searching,wondering about myself.
Im wondering about the universe which we live,
and questioning wether there is or is not something called God

I think about these things a lot, but i do not feel spiritually fufilled.
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting in touch with my spiritual side?

nightowl
24-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey Mazy Lane,

If I may suggest just talk to Spirit/God the way you would talk to another person. Pour out your spiritual desires and once you have established the connection just start researching what you feel lead to...there is no right or wrong way, God/Spirit has many names...you will feel the right connections as you progress...everyone's personal spiritual journey is different...reading the different threads on SF is a good place to see what speaks to you.

Start with what you beleive already and go from there...ask questions...:smile:

nightowl

Xan
24-08-2011, 12:23 AM
...i do not feel spiritually fufilled.

Mazy... To be spiritually fulfilled you need to become aware in your spirit, your inner self. This is what meditation practice is for. You could investigate types of meditation to find what is right for you... one that gets you in touch with your spiritual center.

Here's one you might like: Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32551#post32551

Xan

Mazy Lane
24-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Thank you for the responses.I v been trying meditation. But it takes so much disipline.The way i live my life right now is chaotic and thats because so is my mind set.I am so desprately searching for order and balance in my life. I look to my spiritual side to try and keep me grounded and not so all over the place.But i still have much trouble with feeling my spirit and gaining control of my impulse driven states

nightowl
24-08-2011, 12:55 AM
I understand what you are saying about meditation, you see to me God/Spirit is in everyday life in all that we do...God/Spirit is not only accessible through meditation. it is not practical to me...

nightowl

Gracey
24-08-2011, 12:55 AM
does being in outside in nature help, if so, maybe just a walk of appreciation of the beauty of nature will help you...maybe not....worth a shot.

Xan
24-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Mazy... Perhaps a formal meditation practice is not right for you now. Yet you can experience your spirit simply by turning your attention within yourself... into the open quiet space.

Whatever method you use, it's up to you to learn to direct your attention inward.

Conscious breathing, down in your lower belly, is one way to do this. In fact, the Three Steps link I posted above shows how to ease through the over-active mind impulses and into your inner space.

Xan

angel6m2000
24-08-2011, 02:02 AM
My opinion:

God is the universe, they say God is everywhere, the universe is everywhere. The universe gives us what we want through the Law of Attraction. The universe can give us so much positivity, but with it can also come negativity, it all depends on how we live our own life. The universe is made of light and love, and wants nothing but that from us. In my opinion, the Universe was created to let us, as non-physical being, live our lives as either the same non-physical beings or physical beings, to learn from experiences so we can achieve the enlightenment of knowing that the Universe and all in it are one.

This is my belief, I agree with everyone else on finding what is right for you. I know it can be frustrating at times to not know what is out there. It will come to you when you are ready, but don't ever give up.

Miss Hepburn
24-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Im wondering about the universe which we live,.
and questioning whether there is or is not something called God

Getting in touch with your spiritual side?
Hmm, my philosophy:

If I want to lose weight I read weight loss / diet books - testimonials to inspire me.
If I want to write poetry - I read poems to get into a mood...
If I want muscles I look at Muscle Magazines for inspiration.
If I want to make a great dinner I sift thru Cooking Books.
If I want to do a cleanse I read colon cleansing books and look at the pictures.
If I want to redecorate my house I look at Archtectual / Interior Design Mags.
If I want to be more spiritual I start with words from the wise - words from those that have experienced glorious moments of deep, divine insight.

How about finding teachers you respect and read some of their words - Kabir, Hafiz, Jesus, Guru Nanak, Krishna, Ram, Buddha, Joel S. Goldsmith, Brother Lawrence, Mirabai, St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross.
Anthony DeMello, Ernest Holmes, CS Lewis....the list goes on and on.

Abraham-Hicks is my fav!
That should get you in the mood!!!
:wink:

Seperate_Reality
24-08-2011, 03:21 AM
Keep searching and you will find the truth or knowledge that you seek. I found it and didn't realize I was searching until I found it. I don't say online what the religion is, because it might not mean as much to you and it is you who has to find it. It is your own search and game. I'm just saying that it is there now for you and anyone else...

Greenslade
24-08-2011, 07:03 AM

You are already in touch with your Spiritual side, you're asking the questions. That's a start. We are Spirit on a human Journey and being human is Spirit's way of exploring itself. How you feel what you think, the choices you make - all a part of the Journey and the exploration, the finding out. Your Spirituality is all around you in the faces you see, the people you talk to and the experiences you have. If you don't feel fulfilled then that's Spiritual too, it means either you haven't found what you're looking for or your current perspective isn't working for you. If you seek you will find, and changing perspective is a choice. Or you could watch The Wizard of Oz and take your cue from the lion, the tin man and the scarecrow.

andrew g
24-08-2011, 07:31 AM

In my opinion true spiritual fulfillment comes with living our highest purpose. I think the spiritual tools are there to be used to clear any blocks that enable us to live that.

One of the difficulties we face sometimes is knowing what our highest purpose is! Its is simple really.....what would make you most happy to be doing? What would you absolutely love to be doing so much that you would do it for free? In your most amazing and joyful and wondrous dreams, what would your life look like? What would make your heart absolutely sing with joy?

The manifestation tools have a lot to offer in my opinion. If you havent had a look at Abraham-Hicks, then that might be worth exploring. They will give you more tools that will help you to move closer to living your higher purpose.

God-Like
24-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Enquiring as you are doing Is always a good start Mazy . . :wink: :smile:

x daz x

Xan
24-08-2011, 08:05 PM
You are already in touch with your Spiritual side, you're asking the questions. That's a start.

We are Spirit on a human Journey and being human is Spirit's way of exploring itself.

Well said, Greenslade.

It makes me remember this thought: Are we seeking spiritual experience, or is our own spirit calling us home to itself?

xan

Silver
24-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Might I suggest C.S. Lewis ~ I happened to read his space trilogy and it got me turned on / more in touch with what I knew ~ I just think you'll like it. I think all sci fi is especially appreciated by those with restless minds.

moke64916
25-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Practice staying present. The first step for someone on a spiritual journey is awareness by observing thoughts, emotions, reactions. When fully aware, you are fully present. When that occurs is when the wonderful feelings of deep peace, joy, and love come along. Then comes the wisdom and all the questions you have about the universe will come to you in the Now.

Peace,
Moke

nightowl
25-08-2011, 03:40 AM
You are already in touch with your Spiritual side, you're asking the questions. That's a start. We are Spirit on a human Journey and being human is Spirit's way of exploring itself. How you feel what you think, the choices you make - all a part of the Journey and the exploration, the finding out. Your Spirituality is all around you in the faces you see, the people you talk to and the experiences you have. If you don't feel fulfilled then that's Spiritual too, it means either you haven't found what you're looking for or your current perspective isn't working for you. If you seek you will find, and changing perspective is a choice. Or you could watch The Wizard of Oz and take your cue from the lion, the tin man and the scarecrow.

GS,

Love! The Wizard of Oz and all the implications behind the characters! :smile:

nightowl

Thinker108
25-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Getting in touch with your spiritual side?
Hmm, my philosophy:

If I want to lose weight I read weight loss / diet books - testimonials to inspire me.
If I want to write poetry - I read poems to get into a mood...
If I want muscles I look at Muscle Magazines for inspiration.
If I want to make a great dinner I sift thru Cooking Books.
If I want to do a cleanse I read colon cleansing books and look at the pictures.
If I want to redecorate my house I look at Archtectual / Interior Design Mags.
If I want to be more spiritual I start with words from the wise - words from those that have experienced glorious moments of deep, divine insight.

How about finding teachers you respect and read some of their words - Kabir, Hafiz, Jesus, Guru Nanak, Krishna, Ram, Buddha, Joel S. Goldsmith, Brother Lawrence, Mirabai, St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross.
Anthony DeMello, Ernest Holmes, CS Lewis....the list goes on and on.

Abraham-Hicks is my fav!
That should get you in the mood!!!
:wink:

:smile: true suggestion

Thinker108
25-08-2011, 03:54 AM
first try to be good person, try to eliminate your bad qualities like anger, ego, greed etc. read spiritual books and hear about God from devotees. By this you will start the journey

Xan
25-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Practice staying present....
Yes... this can take one a long way in spiritual awareness.

Eckhart Tolle's books and cd's are a great help for this.

Xan

by the way, moke... I can't reply to your pm until you make room in your folder.

`

moke64916
25-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Ok Xan, folder empty.