PDA

View Full Version : Selective Empathy

Buttercup11
22-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I have found in a couple cases which have been clarified as true by the other party...that I can pick up on their emotions or things that they are going through. I feel the emotions as my own, and they will be on or off without any logical reason on my end. Meaning, nothing going on in my life that would cause the specific emotion. Fighting through the feelings (because I didn't know), wondering why I couldn't get rid of them, and then boom for no reason they are gone. Then boom, they are back. At the time before I started becoming a little wiser to it, it seemed I was becoming bipolar or something. Then I realized who it was connected to, and this person is diagnosed intensly bipolar.

With people in general, I can feel things.......but more of a dull feeling than intense. However, there are only a couple people in my life that I have immediately had intense empathy for their feelings. My interest right now lies in what denotes whether I have the dull feelings or intense empathy for their feelings.

I ask because I have recently begun experiencing intense emotions which are not connected to what is happening in my life. I don't sense this is connected to the person from my past, but I'm leaning towards believing it may be a specific person with which I happen to have somewhat of an interest. I've obviously had interest in people before without having this intense kind of empathy.........and I haven't known this man for very long, so I am becoming curious what aspect might cause him to be someone that is one of the "intense empathy" connections.

It can't just be random......I'm wondering what the factors may be, or why this may "potentially" be occurring with him.

Please offer any input ...