PDA

View Full Version : Time between readings

Finnster
21-08-2011, 12:25 AM
So I was curious to see what everyone thought about this question.

What is the recommended time to take between readings? Obviously you don't want to do one every day. So, how long do you take between readings?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tanith
21-08-2011, 01:24 AM
It is entirely up to you. I don't think there is any set rule or recommendation about how long to take between readings. Personally, I usually would take into account several factors. The first and most basic, when does the need hit you to do a reading? For me, I would usually only do a reading for myself if something told me to do so. Usually something inside me would say suddenly, "lay out the cards." And I would do so. Those were my best and most clear readings.

Also, I usually preferred to cleanse the energies in my deck between readings- setting the cards back in proper order and letting them re-align before I had need of them.

It is really a matter of what feels right to you. You may be able to pick and choose days to read the cards. If this is the case, there is no right or wrong time to read, though I wouldn't recommend doing it too often.

Unless, of course, you do a daily reading- choosing three to five cards to help decipher the day ahead. Many people do this, in which case it is useless and time consuming to set the cards in order after each reading.

The cards will let you know, too, if you listen close enough. Some decks may want to be read as often as possible. Some decks may seem to only want to be "bothered" when you really need it. If I do too many readings, my deck will start to tell me odd, weird things that make no sense.

Hope this helps :)

Finnster
21-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Thank you ...yes it does make sense.

Docha
21-08-2011, 03:24 AM
For starters you could pull one card daily. Its usually suggested to get to know the deck.

Sometimes I do daily reads or more than one in a sit and sometimes its many weeks between reads. Depends on how stuck I am on an issue, or what inspires me to try a new spread etc.

Finnster
21-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I was thinking more in terms of reading for someone else. Do you tell someone wanting readings from you that they need to hold on and be patient or do you do the readings as they are requested?

norseman
21-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Last month I offered readings and got around 17 requests. I was using a spread boosted by some Earth magic and completed then in 7days. It was heavy going and I would not recommend it.

Finnster
21-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Good advice norseman. Thank you!

Tanith
21-08-2011, 12:54 PM
I would take norseman's advice and not take on more than you can handle. If you don't get requests all the time, do them as you get them. I would kindly ask the querent to wait a day while you finish a previous request. That's why I prefer real-time readings for others. I've done a couple over instant messenger and they worked out well for me and the person in question.

Don't delay a request though unless you've already got a request you're working on. I like to align my cards before readings, but if I get a request it's different.

Finnster
21-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Awesome advice folks. I thank you kindly for your insight here. I will make sure to keep pace with myself as I move along with readings and make sure I keep myself grounded for the purpose of having better readings for ... I guess... anyone who wants one. (I hesitated in calling folks clients... didn't feel right..)

Medium_Laura
21-08-2011, 02:23 PM
So I was curious to see what everyone thought about this question.

What is the recommended time to take between readings? Obviously you don't want to do one every day. So, how long do you take between readings?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

For a client? 6 months or a major event happened. ie: death of a loved one, a move, a divorce, a marriage, etc.

For myself? the same.

I do 3 daily tarot cards to see what my day may hold for me.

Clients can turn into "psychic junkies" which means they won't make any decisions on their own and will call you, write you daily or weekly. I discourage this as it removes the power from your client. They need to use readings as advice and not a total dependency.

Docha
22-08-2011, 02:02 AM
I was thinking more in terms of reading for someone else. Do you tell someone wanting readings from you that they need to hold on and be patient or do you do the readings as they are requested?

I don't because my reads are about inner work more often than not. Usually if someone comes back with the same question a day later, I will help them figure out the 'right' question to ask.

If your not satisfied, is generally because you're not focused on the right thing.

I will warn them that it wont change if they're insistant. But I don't have issues like that often if at all. My biggest issue is "what does so and so think/feel" questions, to which I reply cards don't read minds ask so and so...now what can we get that you need to hear?

I absolutely refuse to do the mind reading trick. Not fair to anyone involved!