PDA

View Full Version : Looking for spiritually centered schools

Jason
17-01-2007, 07:19 AM
My name is Jason and I am 21 years old. I am currently seeking out anyone who has attended or has heard of any bachelors programs out there that are spiritually focused. Last year I attended the University of Santa Monica, which is where I intend on earning my masters in spiritual psychology. There may be some of you out there who have attended USM and can understand the type of education that I am refering to. I am looking for a program that is highly experiential. I am looking for a school that is dedicated to providing its participants with an education that evokes more of their authentic selves. I am aware that this may seem like a tall order here, but I know that there must be something out there that is beyond the typical 4 year university. Any suggestions will do.

rose
17-01-2007, 09:56 AM
hi jason and welcome :hug2:

good luck with finding that info. i would be keen to know also.

cweiters
17-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Hello jason welcome to SF I pray you find what you are seeking.

Love to all
cw

zozja
06-02-2007, 04:39 AM
Hello Jason,

I know this isn't exactly what you are asking for. If I knew of anything like that I would tell you. But if you are looking for an experiencial school for spiritual development, I have heard the School for The Work (Byron Katie) is quite amazing.

It is 9 days of intense inquiry and life changing experiences. I plan to go in April. The Work of Byron Katie has altered my whole experience of life. If you have never heard of her work, it is really simple. It's a process of inquiring into the mind... which starts the "undoing" so to speak of all beliefs we hold that cause us negativity and suffering.

I recommend this to anyone who is willing and open.

Rebecca

ramana
18-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Amercian Insititute of holistic theology is a good place. I came to know about this from an author who lectured in a mind body spirit expo that I had attended. I found the school to be quite reputed and this author and many more holistic practitioners went to school here , apparently. Please find more information here www.aiht.edu (http://www.aiht.edu) . Good luck!

Also , although I didn't do this course myself I think it is a good course to think about if you have the resources to do.

http://www.traditionalyogastudies.com/800-hour_course.html

SpiritAwakes
18-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi Jason!

I know that James Redfield (author of The Celestine Prophecy series) has been widely support by the American Institute of Holistic Theology. Also, when I was living in Australia last year, I came across another institute just like this, but cannot think of it for the life of me. If I can find it for you, I'll let you know. For now, you could do a search on metaphysical education, alternative education, holistic medicine, etc. Also, I'd keep an eye out for whatever comes your way. Often, if we give the Universe a question, it's bound to answer us even in the most unlikely of places. So, if a brochure, license plate, or even an advert in a college, library or grocery store catches you, think on what it may be saying. Don't forget to ask Source and know that nature will provide all the answers you require!

Light & Love~