PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Question That Really Intrigues Me.

Blanket
14-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi all, when I lived with my grandparents who are Christians, I was taught that the devil and his demons aren't in hell right now as in at this present time. They are on the Earth until God destroys everything and judges..

I believe this has a high chance of being true because I don't remember exactly where at but I do remember reading somewhere in the Bible that when God gets ready to destroy the world, THEN He will cast the devil and his demons to hell forever..so this has to mean that the devil and his demons aren't in hell yet..

If this is the case, then where are all of the dead people? I don't mean the dead people of old, such as in the Old Testament of the Bible. I'm talking about all the people who died AFTER Jesus such as in the 2OOOs . Where are their souls residing? If the devil and his demons are on Earth right now as we speak and not in Hell yet, then where are the souls of those who recently died? They can't be in Heaven or Hell right now yet because God hasn't destroyed the world yet..

This really intrigues me and interests me and I would like to know what you all think about this.

Triner
14-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Well, since I don't think there is a devil, or demons, or hell, I don't think it's true at all. I think it's fear-mongering.

Blanket
14-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Well, since I don't think there is a devil, or demons, or hell, I don't think it's true at all. I think it's fear-mongering.

Lol, I understand where you're coming from . I guess my question was really only for Christians...maybe I should've included that..

Triner
14-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Lol, I understand where you're coming from . I guess my question was really only for Christians...maybe I should've included that..
:D That's kinda what I figured... But, I was raised Christian. And I do follow the message Christ gave us (as well as the messages of others). I just don't follow much else in the Bible. So I dunno what that makes me.

SeaZen
15-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Hi all, when I lived with my grandparents who are Christians, I was taught that the devil and his demons aren't in hell right now as in at this present time. They are on the Earth until God destroys everything and judges..

I believe this has a high chance of being true because I don't remember exactly where at but I do remember reading somewhere in the Bible that when God gets ready to destroy the world, THEN He will cast the devil and his demons to hell forever..so this has to mean that the devil and his demons aren't in hell yet..

If this is the case, then where are all of the dead people? I don't mean the dead people of old, such as in the Old Testament of the Bible. I'm talking about all the people who died AFTER Jesus such as in the 2OOOs . Where are their souls residing? If the devil and his demons are on Earth right now as we speak and not in Hell yet, then where are the souls of those who recently died? They can't be in Heaven or Hell right now yet because God hasn't destroyed the world yet..

This really intrigues me and interests me and I would like to know what you all think about this.

Hello Blanket,

Just curious... What is the purpose of these threads and questions? Are you a fundamentalist christian who actually believes in and struggles with the questions you are posting or do you believe in something else and are merely asking the fundamentalist christians of the forum to explain themselves or something else altogether? Please clarify...

Blanket
15-08-2011, 04:21 AM
Hello Blanket,

Just curious... What is the purpose of these threads and questions? Are you a fundamentalist christian who actually believes in and struggles with the questions you are posting or do you believe in something else and are merely asking the fundamentalist christians of the forum to explain themselves or something else altogether? Please clarify...

It's more like the first thing you mentioned..

Search
15-08-2011, 07:52 AM
I've heard, that Believers will live together in a city (Jerusalem), while the devil will rein "once again" on the same planet?

theophilus
15-08-2011, 02:52 PM
There is a thread about what Jesus taught on this subject.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20683

Some of the questions you ask are already answered here.

Revilonivek
17-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Maybe it has to do with the mind? Satan is the tempter, so the Id in the mind is the driving force of desires, while superego helps us supress the Id.

Bible says Satan is a spirit, so is all the spirits of jealousy, anger, sadness, and happiness.

Maybe it pertains to the mind, since people long ago did not have the ability to better explain what is going on since they don't know much abt the anatomy physiology of the brain and how it works.

Just a thought?

So naturally, because we are not perfect yet, we deal with the demons until we overcome? Once you overcome, demons will be gone.

Like the bible says, resist Satan and he will flee from you?

the bible sees a spiritual perfection Once the demons of the mind is overcome:) utopia. Right?

Denise

Hope this helps.

Time
18-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Funny how gods most promanent helper int he ot (satan) got turned into the devil (that was mentioned around the same time as satan int he bible... cant be 2 places at once... angel or not)

The devil in the new testement, is a mixture of different pagan dieties (bezzlebnub/baal and others), as to sort of smear pagan traditions... the goat legs, pitchfork, pentical, all middle eastern dietys worship and symbols.

The second we lost our pagan traditions ( everything being there for the sake of everything) we create duality (good bad, god the devil etc).... It makes you look at things much differently

And yes, I was raised roman catholic (its the same thing as christian....)