PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew Roots/Question

Skyking
13-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I would like to ask this question regarding Native Americans searching for information/answers along the lines of Torah,Hebrew Roots ect.
A friend recently spoke to me and relayed a question she had been asked at a gathering expressing interest in searching for ancestory background.
Is this a subject with much interest or an isolated situation ? just curious

Time
14-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Im not sure if i fully understand what you are asking...

Are you asking if there is some correlation between native tribes and jewish traditions? Or are you asking if its "right" or what not, for a native to look for their spiritual path other then their traditions?

Skyking
17-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I think the question I'm asking has there been an increase in this search and if so are those individuals finding the answers they seek .

I think it's great and there are lot's of evidence to support the search.

WmBuzz71
20-08-2011, 05:06 PM
I was told by a psychic that one of my past lives that I was a Hebrew priest or something of that matter. Well, after I woke up, I discovered the effects of marijuana has on the brain, and my strong urges to dance with nature.

I wandered if I was cheating, when I lite up my happy smoke. The awakening increased my sensibility to the herb, allowing me only a couple of puffs. My senses increased dramatically, so I began looking at past rituals of marijuana use.

While looking for answers, I found out the North American Natives using marijuana for ritual purposes, and those ritual practices were so familiar of that of the Hebrews. So I believe that there is some kind of link there, or someone or something taught them.

I'm not saying that the North American Natives or descendants of the Jewish Hebrews, but I believe we were taught of their ways, as I believe we are part descendants of Asians.

Docha
22-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Actually they (whoever they are) have found evidence of cross cultural travel when we didn't believe it was possible.

There is also dna evidence that native americans and eastern cultures do not share the same lineage. Which also debunked the theory that all life originated in africa.

I think for a short time if not still the americas found the worlds oldest mummy...

I will have to see if I can find the information again its been years since I researched it.

Its most likely the ability to travel across continents was easier than we thought. Geologists remapped the world as it most likely would have been thousands of years ago, more islands and landforms would have been present as less water was in the ocean..the glaciers and icecaps melting would contribute to their loss.

The link between hebrews and natives is not impossible.

thunderseed
23-08-2011, 03:00 AM
Yeah.
In ancient times we were nomadic. Travellers. We traveled far and made contact with different peoples. It's not unheard of. We travelled across the world, great distances.

Actually, for many indigenous nations and tribes the land we have now in governmental reservations, was not our actual originations. We were first nations, all over. Even now you find the native race, all over the country. Here in canada, we are called First Nations. US, we are called Native Americans, other countries different names.
The government created race. It was never an issue before it was invented, as scientific racism, to keep people apart. Now they have invented blood percentages. If you don't have enough blood percentage, they you can't live on a reserve. Trying to die out masses of people that way.
Because in my eyes, i don't see any full blood anythings these days. Even natives who claim their ancestry is right, that they are full blooded, im pretty sure aren't. They look mixed.
People have been interbreeding for a long time. Even back in the ancient days when extra terrestrials came down 0_0.

I wouldn't be surprised if a full blooded race of anything doesn't exist.

elisi
03-06-2014, 04:09 PM
some believe the native americans are the 'lost tribe' which was proven false by dna tests.

but the jewish people did come here and some lived with the natives. when that happens there is borrowing of culture, language and traditions.

the cherokee word for creator sounds phonetically like 'ja ho wa' which sounds much like jehova.

WhiteWarrior
03-06-2014, 06:51 PM
some believe the native americans are the 'lost tribe' which was proven false by dna tests.

but the jewish people did come here and some lived with the natives. when that happens there is borrowing of culture, language and traditions.

the cherokee word for creator sounds phonetically like 'ja ho wa' which sounds much like jehova.

Which dialect would this be? Unetlanvhi, even phonetically, does not sound like that to me. My source: http://www.native-languages.org/morelegends/unetlanvhi.htm I would be delighted to learn something new.

elisi
03-06-2014, 07:02 PM
http://www.accessgenealogy.com/book/index.cgi?folder=cherokee&next=1

i couldn't cut and paste the paragraph so you'll have to scroll down to 'page 23', in that paragraph.

yes, you have one cherokee word for god but we use this other one in ceremony.

WhiteWarrior
03-06-2014, 10:27 PM
I believe the text you quote was written by John Howard Payne, who did indeed visit a Cherokee tribe before the civil war. He was a writer who was well aware of what the reading market was willing to pay for.

I quote this piece from a long text at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Howard_Payne

"Payne believed his research demonstrated that the Cherokee were one of the Ten Lost Tribes of ancient Israel.[2] Payne was reflecting historians and other researchers who still proposed this theory in the nineteenth century. It was at a time when historians tried to correlate their ideas with the Bible and classical texts, and were trying to fit the Native Americans into a biblical scheme of origin.[9] Some scholars criticized Payne for his refusal to accept that the Cherokee had their origins in North America. Others considered his work biased by his attempt to show the "Hebrew" origins of Cherokee religion. When coming upon elements he seemed to recognize from Judaism, rather than seeing these as organic forms that could have arisen independently in numerous religions (Eliade), Payne claimed they were derived from Judaism.[2]"

elisi
03-06-2014, 10:55 PM
well, as i said, dna proves that wrong.

all i can say is our priest uses that word for god at our ceremonies.

also, we did not originate in north america. the cherokee came up from south america. this was thought to be false even though we have this is our migration stories.

lo and behold, some time ago, archeologists found proof in south america that the cherokee did indeed live there.

Tavah
23-06-2014, 02:55 PM
I think the question I'm asking has there been an increase in this search and if so are those individuals finding the answers they seek .

I think it's great and there are lot's of evidence to support the search.

I do believe the Native American Way is returning....some books that will help you get started to receiving the truth about life are:

The Cherokee Full Circle by J.T. Garrett and Michael Tlanusta Garrett
Medicine of the Cherokee by J.T. Garrett and Michael Garrett
Dancing the Dream by Jamie Sams
also read The Secret by Rhonda Byren

I have been seeking truth my whole life.....I have gone from Christianity to Judaism to Messianic.....now I am grateful to have found what I have been searching for: The Native American Way is the real thing:)

I love this little book: 365 Days Of Walking The Red Road, The Native American Path To Leading A Spiritual Life Every Day by Terri Jean

When we lift our hands we signify our dependence on the Great Spirit.~Blackfoot, Mountain Crow Leader

I ordered all these books from amazon.com

elisi
23-06-2014, 03:04 PM
I believe the text you quote was written by John Howard Payne, who did indeed visit a Cherokee tribe before the civil war. He was a writer who was well aware of what the reading market was willing to pay for.

I quote this piece from a long text at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Howard_Payne

"Payne believed his research demonstrated that the Cherokee were one of the Ten Lost Tribes of ancient Israel.[2] Payne was reflecting historians and other researchers who still proposed this theory in the nineteenth century. It was at a time when historians tried to correlate their ideas with the Bible and classical texts, and were trying to fit the Native Americans into a biblical scheme of origin.[9] Some scholars criticized Payne for his refusal to accept that the Cherokee had their origins in North America. Others considered his work biased by his attempt to show the "Hebrew" origins of Cherokee religion. When coming upon elements he seemed to recognize from Judaism, rather than seeing these as organic forms that could have arisen independently in numerous religions (Eliade), Payne claimed they were derived from Judaism.[2]"
actually, the cherokee came from south america to north america.

Tavah
23-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Perhaps the Creator placed the Cherokee in the Blue Ridge Mountains as keeper of those mountains:)

North American belonged to the Red Man, until the White Man came and took it away.

Yet the Way of the Red Man is returning to Mother Earth....we must care for Mother Earth and worship the Great Spirit Most High in sincere gratitude.