PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Children today??

Coming2
10-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Do Indigo Children still incarnate??

I have been looking online for several hrs about this and have not been able to find the answer. My son has all the traits and characteristics of an Indigo but he was born in 98. I have heard some say that these children are usually born during certain time frames. My daughter is a Crystal child to the tee and is highly spiritual and empathic but my defiant son with all his brilliance seems to be more like an indigo child. I realize that not all people fall into a category but I am an Indigo adult and have been so very blessed to be given the opportunity to help these children grow and mature......
Thx for your help!!
Light and Love!!

Serenity Bear
11-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Yes they do incarnate but they are called a different thing.

Doreen Virtue for some reason got onto the notion that indigo children where the first to come here. They arent, not will they ever be. There has been and always will be souls here to do the work of the colour children.

The colour children started of before the WW2 with the reds, then came the yellows, greens, blues, indigos, violet/crystals, etc until the reds come again.

Each colour brings a different job to do to help with the ascension of the human race.

John32241
11-08-2011, 01:28 PM
It is my understanding that the children incarnating at this time, and those that arrive over the next 80 years, will have ever increasing conceptual and intuitive skills.

That is because each day we shift the energy potentials for that condition upward.

John

Coming2
15-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks for responding. I was really hoping someone would. I am convinced my daughter is a crystal and my son has all the indigo traits. John if he is not an indigo by definition what would he be?? He doesnt fit the crystal or star child and even though he is empathic and very intuitive he is a handful to say the least!!

River Morrison
15-08-2011, 04:09 AM
I have read characteristics of "indigo children". To me, they just seem like brats. = )

Many children love animals, have empathy, are sensitive to certain things etc, and I think that's a beautiful aspect of childhood. Something the world tends to beat out of them.

But I think it's a little self-deluded to say, oh, my kid doesn't have behavior issues, he's a special "indigo child". You have to stop and think about how the people writing these books on "indigo children" know what they are talking about? Do they have a hidden camera in the spirit world?

A recent survey of college students shows they have less empathy than those decades prior. And in my view, we're actually devolving socially right now....so much for the "indigo child" claim.

IMO, we are much better off leaving these silly lables aside. They usually draw those who are insecure about themselve, and want to fit into a certain category to feel special. It's nothing but an ego trip. Exude empathy and kindness and you'll find others to reflect it back to you.

Coming2
15-08-2011, 12:23 PM
River I understand where you are coming from. I dont believe every single child has a label or is some kind of rainbow child. My daughter has been talking to spirits since she was 3 or 4. She claimed she was talking to Jesus so who am I to think otherwise. I was scared about it and took her to the doctor to make sure everything was OK. It really freaked me out at the time because I was not spiritual and was not living right. She is 15 now and obviously caught up in her own life but she still comes to me at times with messages and insight that has been shared with her. She is very eco friendly and is very proactive when it comes to animal and human rights.

Now my 13 yr old son on the other hand is very hard to deal with. He is a brilliant kid and soo sweet when he is being loving but I have never met a more bullheaded kid in my life. He also has heard things since he was young and he is a total empath almost to the point of making him sick when he is around someone who is ill in some way.

I dont know if my kids are Indigo, Crystal, Starseed kids but I do know they have gifts. I know all moms think their kids are the greatest ever but I am more realistic. If they have an issue I am the first to address it. I guess thats why I asked the question.

iolite
15-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Coming...

I too have an indigo. She is a scorpio also! She is 13 and can talk to animals, talk to fairies (although she doesn't talk to them as much anymore, but they still hang around). Is very sensitive, has a firey temper -- especially when she senses an injustice. But she is also very loving, and quite psychic. She's been experiencing signs of awakening for a few years now (tingling and cold sensations on her head at night especially on the top of her head and side, pain and pressure around her tail bone that disappear when she breathes into it and sends it up through the top of her head). Most of the indigo traits apply to her. She's also had a really hard time, since she was a small child, getting to sleep at night. We've been giving her melatonin for years and it helps.

This book has really helped me with her: Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child : Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries by by Robert J. MacKenzie Ed.D. (http://www.amazon.com/Setting-Limits-Your-Strong-Willed-Child/dp/0761521364)

It helped me realize that kids like her are hardwired to test boundaries -- it's just innate. While it is an admirable quality in leaders (these kids are born leaders), it's frustrating for parents. This book has helped me a lot. We still have some screaming and yelling (on her part) -- especially when she's over tired from not enough rest -- and battles over who exactly is the one in charge, lol -- but she IS a teenager. She'll tell me "You're still up, why do I have to go to bed"? when I tell her it's bed time. She really sees herself as our peer sometimes. The trick is to not back down, but to continue to calmly insist.

Internal Queries
15-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Coming...

I too have an indigo. She is a scorpio also! She is 13 and can talk to animals, talk to fairies (although she doesn't talk to them as much anymore, but they still hang around). Is very sensitive, has a firey temper -- especially when she senses an injustice. But she is also very loving, and quite psychic. She's been experiencing signs of awakening for a few years now (tingling and cold sensations on her head at night especially on the top of her head and side, pain and pressure around her tail bone that disappear when she breathes into it and sends it up through the top of her head). Most of the indigo traits apply to her. She's also had a really hard time, since she was a small child, getting to sleep at night. We've been giving her melatonin for years and it helps.

This book has really helped me with her: Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child : Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries by by Robert J. MacKenzie Ed.D. (http://www.amazon.com/Setting-Limits-Your-Strong-Willed-Child/dp/0761521364)

It helped me realize that kids like her are hardwired to test boundaries -- it's just innate. While it is an admirable quality in leaders (these kids are born leaders), it's frustrating for parents. This book has helped me a lot. We still have some screaming and yelling (on her part) -- especially when she's over tired from not enough rest -- and battles over who exactly is the one in charge, lol -- but she IS a teenager. She'll tell me "You're still up, why do I have to go to bed"? when I tell her it's bed time. She really sees herself as our peer sometimes. The trick is to not back down, but to continue to calmly insist.

ALL kids are frustrating to their parents because ALL kids are hardwired to test boundaries. i was born in the 50s and i challenged my parent's authority, talked to Jesus and angels, saw ghosts and fairies, was(/is) empathic/telepathic, had (/still have) an affinity for animals, was(/is) "over" sensitive", had trouble sleeping (was a sleepwalker) and had a bad temper but at the time was no fancy new agey label to attach to me that would excuse and glorify my rotten behaviors.

John32241
15-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks for responding. I was really hoping someone would. I am convinced my daughter is a crystal and my son has all the indigo traits. John if he is not an indigo by definition what would he be?? He doesnt fit the crystal or star child and even though he is empathic and very intuitive he is a handful to say the least!!

Every child is a unique and priceless expression of God, who is All Things. This is another reason why I dislike labels, which actually confines a person's perceptual potentials to fit the particular description about who they are.

Now someone like your son may be drawn towards healing. What he hears(his spiritual guidance) seems to make him combative in particular ways. He may do better if he adjusts his guidance.

For example, let me suggest the following. The next time he is confrontational about something in particular, ask him about it. See if he can identify his feelings about the issue in question and trace it back to what he has been advised about through those voices in his head. If you can do that then you can adjust his guidance.

I always like to suggest that each person learn how to connect with their inner guidance and refine it in appropriate ways through the use of imaginary conversations. We are all able to do this if we make a sincere effort.

Much of what needs to shift at this time is being sent to the children by spirit. You son is one who has a mission in life. We all have however his is more obvious to him than most. His anger about his mission may well be a confidence issue. Especially if he is being encouraged to consider circumstances which seem overwhelming to him. If you can understand that you can help him.

Best Wishes!!
John

iolite
15-08-2011, 03:34 PM
ALL kids are frustrating to their parents because ALL kids are hardwired to test boundaries.

Nope, that's not true. There are compliant children and strong willed ones. Me, for instance... I was compliant and my sister was strong willed, my mother eventually sent her to live with my dad 'cause she couldn't handle her.

My daughter has a good friend who is an easy kid. Her sister, on the other hand, is quite strong willed.

The easy, compliant kid will do what you ask, the strong willed one will give you a hard time and then maybe do what you ask. There is a difference.

Internal Queries
15-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Nope, that's not true. There are compliant children and strong willed ones. Me, for instance... I was compliant and my sister was strong willed, my mother eventually sent her to live with my dad 'cause she couldn't handle her.

My daughter has a good friend who is an easy kid. Her sister, on the other hand, is quite strong willed.

The easy, compliant kid will do what you ask, the strong willed one will give you a hard time and then maybe do what you ask. There is a difference.

alrighty then ... so the compliant child is less spiritually advanced than the brat? i mean, where's the fancy new agey label for the co-operative child?

PS. i've never met an "easy and compliant kid" but i have encountered kids who were simply sneakier about their rebellion. they'll acquiece sweetly saying "yes sir/mam" or "no sir/mam" and then go and do exactly what they wanted to do regardless of the "yes sir/mam" or "no sir/mam".

iolite
15-08-2011, 03:53 PM
No.. I am not saying anything about spirituality... I am talking about temperament only. My sister is quite spiritual, even though she was "h*ll on wheels", growing up!

Coming2
15-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Internal and John I got so much out of what you shared and I will definitely check out that book. I think my biggest fear with him is that he wont meet his own expectations of himself. John he is very sensitive and emotional and I do think it is a result of low self esteem. When he talks about spiritual issues he is so inquisitive and eager to learn where my daughter just "knows" without being told what is and isnt truth. I see her taking on the world full force but Gabe,well, he just doesnt seem to be adjusted to his age. I have been told that is normal for boys his age but I have to wonder. Internal your daughter sounds so much like Gabriel even down to the melatonin for sleep and his manner when he doesnt get enough rest.

To be honest, my fear for him comes from my own patterns in life. I was born with gifts that were embraced as a child. As I got older other things became more important and now I sit here at 40yrs old wishing I had taken life more seriously. Its never too late to change but boy what I wouldnt give to have a do over...lol

Light and Love!!

John32241
15-08-2011, 05:01 PM
In my view, a low self esteem is a confidence issue. It is without doubt the most common issue with boys his age. BTW the girls his age do not do a lot to help that circumstance. The girls will learn must later in life that it is essential that each gender help one another. None of us are equipped to do everything ourself. However that is another story.

So we have girls that are over confident and boys who are not. It is also true that boys frequently act as if they know everything. They need to be that way because of their particular confidence issues.

I have no doubt that you can use your gifts to help your son. Shift the thinking from "low self esteem" to "obtaining greater confidence". Words are energy and reflect the energies of our perceptions on any given matter. Then encourage him to understand that he is ahead of those boys his age who pretend they are in control of things.

None of us are in control the way we think we are. All of us are co-creating our reality in ways we are not educated about. It is the logical mind or ego that needs to think it is in charge of everything. It is the heart centered person, who knows we are dearly loved, that always finds a way to deal with every event in their life in a joy filled manner.

Your motherly compassion is the most powerful energy on the planet. Understand that all is well with you boy and he will know this as well.

Blessings,
John

HBuck72
15-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Personally, I don’t put too much stock in the indigo, crystal, et al. children theories. Children are children, and they are a product of their own innate personalities, as well as the environments that they are exposed to during development. Boys always tend to be more rebellious, defiant, and stubborn, it is just the way males are. I have seen my son on more than one occasion totally destroy something for the shear pleasure of destruction, and then instantly become defiant and stubborn when he knows that he will be punished for his actions. I have also seen him have brilliant moments of clarity and intelligence one minute, only to be followed by a bout of stubborn rage. It doesn’t mean he is some sort of cosmic star child, he is just a kid, just like I used to be. The key is to properly raise, instruct, and discipline our children, which will allow them to reach their maximum potential, whatever that may be. (Note: I am not saying, nor insinuating that you aren’t being a proper parent).

tragblack
15-08-2011, 08:14 PM
To be honest, my fear for him comes from my own patterns in life. I was born with gifts that were embraced as a child. As I got older other things became more important and now I sit here at 40yrs old wishing I had taken life more seriously. Its never too late to change but boy what I wouldnt give to have a do over...lol

I think everyone feels that way at some point in their life. Don't project it onto your son... Everyone takes life differently.

Personally, I don’t put too much stock in the indigo, crystal, et al. children theories. Children are children, and they are a product of their own innate personalities, as well as the environments that they are exposed to during development. Boys always tend to be more rebellious, defiant, and stubborn, it is just the way males are. I have seen my son on more than one occasion totally destroy something for the shear pleasure of destruction, and then instantly become defiant and stubborn when he knows that he will be punished for his actions. I have also seen him have brilliant moments of clarity and intelligence one minute, only to be followed by a bout of stubborn rage. It doesn’t mean he is some sort of cosmic star child, he is just a kid, just like I used to be. The key is to properly raise, instruct, and discipline our children, which will allow them to reach their maximum potential, whatever that may be. (Note: I am not saying, nor insinuating that you aren’t being a proper parent).

I agree.

immortalbeloved
18-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes they do incarnate but they are called a different thing.

Doreen Virtue for some reason got onto the notion that indigo children where the first to come here. They arent, not will they ever be. There has been and always will be souls here to do the work of the colour children.

The colour children started of before the WW2 with the reds, then came the yellows, greens, blues, indigos, violet/crystals, etc until the reds come again.

Each colour brings a different job to do to help with the ascension of the human race.

So, you are saying that all people within the same generation would have the same color of aura?