PDA

View Full Version : Who is Blessed, enlightened, saint.

Thinker108
09-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Who is a Mahatma, Devotee, Mahapurush, Blessed, enlightened, saint.

Greenslade
09-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Would those that are truly any of those things call themselves such?

mattie
09-08-2011, 08:31 AM
It is unclear if you are wanting examples or for people to self identify w/ these terms.

A mahatma is ‘(in the Indian subcontinent) a person regarded with reverence or loving respect; a holy person or sage.
• ( the Mahatma) Mahatma Gandhi.
(in some forms of theosophy) a person in India or Tibet said to have supernatural powers.’

A devotee is ‘a person who is very interested in and enthusiastic about someone or something : ...
a strong believer in a particular religion or god ... .’

It’s uncertain what mahapurush is. An internet search turned up:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=mahapurush&form=APMCS1

More information would be useful about this word’s meaning.

Enlightened can have various meanings in the context of spirituality depending on one’s beliefs. Some see it as the highest possible stage while others see it as a high stage for our current existance, but slightly less than full 5D awareness.

A saint is ‘1. a person acknowledged as holy or virtuous and typically regarded as being in heaven after death.
• (in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches) a person formally recognized or canonized by the Church after death, who may be the object of veneration and prayers for intercession.
• a person who is admired or venerated because of their virtue : he was considered a living saint by recipients of his generosity.
• (in or alluding to biblical use) a Christian believer.
• ( Saint) a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints; a Mormon.
2. ( Saint) (abbr.: St. or S.) used in titles of religious saints : the epistles of Saint Paul, St. John's Church.
used in place names or other dedications : St. Louis | St. Lawrence River.

Quoted definitions from my computer dictionary.

Shabda
09-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Who is a Mahatma, Devotee, Mahapurush, Blessed, enlightened, saint.
mahatma means great soul maha + atma...a devotee is a chela or student of a guru or master....as for mahapurush, i dont usually see those terms together, but i suppose they could be, maha means great and purush or purusha is a term generally used to mean God, so mahapurush might mean God as in the highest God, the creator of all that is, or perhaps a human that is considered to be God realized.....as for blessed, enlightened or saint, i prefer not to use those terms at all, just my personal preference...

moke64916
09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Whoever stays present.

Mystique Enigma
09-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Who is not .... ?

Squatchit
09-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I feel blessed to be alive. Most of the time anyway. :smile:

Thinker108
10-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Thanks mattie and Shabda for your descriptions.

Thinker108
10-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Who is not .... ?
first decide who is.
then we will see

Thinker108
10-08-2011, 04:06 AM
I feel blessed to be alive. Most of the time anyway. :smile:
then you are really blessed

Thinker108
10-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Whoever stays present.
can you write more?

Mystique Enigma
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
do i need to .... ? :smile:
first decide who is.
then we will see

silent whisper
05-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Who is the one asking? the master asked his students...........but master are you not asking us the question? So you are the one?.......responded the master.......the student said I am one of many master........the master responded.......I asked you who is the one?........then master I am the one............if that is what pleases you.........I am not pleased nor displeased.....I am simply asking who is the one asking.........In this moment it is both of us....Is it not?

Emmalevine
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
I do think that blessed are those who truly appreciate life here and live it to the fullest potential they have. This takes incredible faith and courage.

Seawolf
06-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Would those that are truly any of those things call themselves such?
Probably not. They'd probably just think they were like everyone else. And they'd be right.

Shabby
06-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Probably not. They'd probably just think they were like everyone else. And they'd be right.

I agree. I don't feel comfortable giving myself any title as none of them truly fit. I'm just me...being me.....unless I am not.

Greenslade
07-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Probably not. They'd probably just think they were like everyone else. And they'd be right. Then someone stepped in and said "Thou art Blessed, Enlightened, Saint" and they'd want to slap them lol.

silent whisper
07-01-2012, 06:11 AM
I do think that blessed are those who truly appreciate life here and live it to the fullest potential they have. This takes incredible faith and courage.

Indeed.....blessed we are.