PDA

View Full Version : Illusions

cweiters
11-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Illusions
Many times the projection of who and what kind of person we are in life on the outside, is far from the reality of who and what our life is about on the inside. To ourselves, we appear to have things in order and under control, only later to find out that we were not who or what, we thought we were.
Because the perception of ourselves is often very different than the reality of whom we really are. We must also realize that we carry false perceptions into our day to day relationships.

Do you feel illusions are good for spiritual growth?
Any suggestion on if we should try to overcome illusions?
Are illusions helpful or harmful to you?

Personally I Love illusions the joy is being able to see beyond them.

Love to all
cw

TzuJanLi
11-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Greetings..

The only "illusion" is to seek elsewhere for what is within..

Are we what we "think" we are, or are we that which does the thinking? Be careful, this question has entertained me for years...

Be well..

cweiters
11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaa....Hee....Hee...

IMO AM this phrase is one in the same, from privious teachings I say this; "so a man think, so is he."

Thank you AM
Love to all
cw

dreamer
11-01-2007, 08:14 PM
the illusion is that what is outside is seperate from what is inside, the illusion is that you are small and insignificant when in fact you are everything!! Now thats a big old illusion to grapple with.

cweiters
16-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Hay dreamer if I am everything then everything is me. I see myself as harmony which means everything is harmony so when I am operating from a less harmonious state that mean everything is chaos.

Dreamer please tell me how do you see yourself? So I can be prepared for how everything will be?

Love to all
cw

dreamer
16-01-2007, 05:37 PM
hey cw, you already know the answer, we want the same thing, how could we not when we share One mind?

cweiters
16-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I know that...I just wanted to hear you say it again :hug:

Thank you dreamer
Love to all............... is the same as loving myself
cw

dreamer
16-01-2007, 10:01 PM
cw, you are lovely!!

Glorymist
22-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Illusions are a simple means whereby we can determine what is and what is not - - in the world around us - - and within ourselves - - which - - most often - - are highly connected.

As far as - - are we what we "think" we are or are we that which does the thinking - - I would suggest - - neither. A person can "think" anything they wish - - and it often does not pan out in his / her outer life. A baseball pitcher may think that he is the best in the league - - but the stats will prove otherwise. A woman may think that she is fat - - but the scales may suggest that she had best consider putting some weight on her skeleton-like frame.

There is an old saying. We are what we believe ourselves to be. There is a big difference in merely thinking and actual belief.

As far as "what does the thinking" - - mind is the facet of Self that thinks. Soul - - is beyond mind - - and does not "think."

Illusions simply show us our own misperceptions. If we do not attend to them now - - we will at some later time. It is often easier to simply dismiss them than it is to actually deal with them - - but deal with them we will ! ! Eventually.

The overall Path was not set up under the pretense of Illusion because it was a ineffective approach to it all. There is a reason "illusion" is behind all here in these worlds.

Please dismiss all I just offered if it causes inner twitching.

:D :D :D

Glory