PDA

View Full Version : Karma Kicked My Butt

Sundialed
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I just wanted to post this out that's all.

Over three months ago i was very spiritually focused (like i am now) and i was being rewarded if you want to say that, and then i dove so deep into the depths of hell for 3 days doing what no human should do and then whammo, i got knocked out of it with a car t-boning me. i definitely deserved it.

Karma made quick work of me. I am thankful. I definitely paid the bill.

cheeky_monkey
07-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Karma kicked my butt too but I try to see it as a blessing in disguise as much as a punishment, both really. I broke my jaw and teeth 3 weeks after having braces removed from my teeth. I guess sometimes i should shut my mouth, well that's what i interpret. also i was planning a few parties because my parents were off on holiday and since my mouth was wired up i think it prevented a few bad things happening. I don't know but i assume the parties would have gone wrong in some respect.

Docha
07-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I believe the universe or fate has a wicked sense of humor.

I find karmic debts quite amusing myself.

I don't think of them as punishment either. It does certainly allow me to forgive and not hang onto negative thoughts and energy though. For if I get upset I just simply ask the universe to deal the karma swiftly, not that I would choose what would happen, just know that all will be righted. I do understand it will come my way as well, for the part I played weather I view it as good or bad is my choice.

Silver
07-08-2011, 08:56 PM
The thing is, you knew what you were doing was 'wrong' and chose to be a little bit naughty for a while. The trouble with believing in karma is that others might take it the wrong way and not be capable of enough independent thinking to separate the issues when appropriate. It smacks of superstition when viewed the wrong way by some people at certain times...

Uma
07-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Karma is not about "punishment" or "right and wrong". Karma is about consequences of choices we made in the past that keep us stagnated, or stuck, in attachment. Consequences help us become unstuck.

...sometimes it hurts, like a surgeon's scalpel, if you don't have the "anesthesia" of being centered in divine consciousness.

astarxy
08-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Karma is not about "punishment" or "right and wrong". Karma is about consequences of choices we made in the past that keep us stagnated, or stuck, in attachment.

couldn't agree more...
all we do, all we say has consequences...some kinds of laws make balances and all things right...

at work many times i had a chance of seeing karma in a matter of minutes... :smile: couldn't help but smiling. got a valuable lesson though.

:wink:

Charlies Angel
21-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Karma always finds a way to get to me, usually 3 fold too! Today I did something that wasn't very nice. I feel guilty and I'm waiting for the bad karma. I got very angry with a woman who'd parked too close to me and reversed out before she'd had a chance to get by. She looked really annoyed. I didn't run her over! lol. Just made her move a little. At the time I thought, serves you right for parking so close you could barely open your door. Now, I've calmed down I feel really bad. She looked angry. I hope I didn't ruin her day.

I know that's probably a silly example, but I know karma will get me back for being so short tempered with her over such a silly thing. Perhaps my karma is this guilt.

sunny shine
21-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Karma always finds a way to get to me, usually 3 fold too! Today I did something that wasn't very nice. I feel guilty and I'm waiting for the bad karma. I got very angry with a woman who'd parked too close to me and reversed out before she'd had a chance to get by. She looked really annoyed. I didn't run her over! lol. Just made her move a little. At the time I thought, serves you right for parking so close you could barely open your door. Now, I've calmed down I feel really bad. She looked angry. I hope I didn't ruin her day.

I know that's probably a silly example, but I know karma will get me back for being so short tempered with her over such a silly thing. Perhaps my karma is this guilt.
perhaps you were balancing a past karma with her

Aquarian
22-10-2011, 12:10 AM
If the whole world believed in karrma, what a different place it would be.

It seems most of you are talking about the Law of Attraction, a specific type of karma.

Gracey
22-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Karma likes to kick my butt too, instantly sometimes. Really keeps my behavior in check!

TzuJanLi
22-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Greetings..

Karma is just another culture's perspective of consequences.. there's no Cosmic Puppeteer keeping score and handing out grades and punishment or rewards.. each instant in the unfolding continuum is another opportunity to redefine your relationship with Life..

Be well..

Aquarian
22-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Greetings..

Karma is just another culture's perspective of consequences.. there's no Cosmic Puppeteer keeping score and handing out grades and punishment or rewards.. each instant in the unfolding continuum is another opportunity to redefine your relationship with Life..
How do you know?

TzuJanLi
22-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Greetings..

How do you know?
I live it with unconditional sincerity and uninhibited gusto.. if it were no so, i would know..

Be well..

mattie
22-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Karma is about finding balance, seeing different sides of an issue, not being punished or getting rewards.

skygazer
22-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Karma kicks my butt instantly also, as Gracey says. It's a blessing and a monster.

zipzip
22-10-2011, 04:21 AM
I don't think there is anyone keeping score of all the 'bad' things I have done so I get it back at me to make it even. This sounds like a horror movie to me....:icon_eek:

zipzip

skygazer
22-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Like I said, it depends how you decide to perceive it.

Aquarian
22-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I live it with unconditional sincerity and uninhibited gusto.. if it were no so, i would know..
Why would you?
Do you believe in the Law of Attraction? What about the karma that determines whether you're born beautiful and wealthy or ugly, diseased and in the poorest African village?

1being
22-10-2011, 01:31 PM
i LOVE This!

to me, karma is only something that is ever positive positive and i get real upset to think that karma has been twisted into some horrid, ugly thing ("karma is a b*tch). that's not nice!

then, on a tip jar ... they wrote, "tips are good karma" and i was overjoyed! thankfully, somebody understands! karma is supposed to be something to LOVE and want and strive for .. not something to fear and be punished and humbled by. know what i mean? i suppose karma, like much else - are two faces of the same coin. *shrug*

i just like to think of karma as beautiful and good and nice and happy!

Bluegreen
22-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Karma to me is impersonal, unbiased, a law. I see it more as if an action displaces energy in an ocean of energy. Everything will change until balance is restored which it is not really, of course, because we are not islands unto ourselves. There is constant motion and change.

TzuJanLi
22-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Greetings..

Why would you?
Do you believe in the Law of Attraction? What about the karma that determines whether you're born beautiful and wealthy or ugly, diseased and in the poorest African village?
No, i do not believe in the 'law of attraction'.. Karma has no influence on why or how or where birth happens.. that sort of belief is a 'story' about what happens naturally, it is the way ancient cultures explained things they didn't understand..

Be well..

Lisa
22-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Greetings..

No, i do not believe in the 'law of attraction'.. Karma has no influence on why or how or where birth happens.. that sort of belief is a 'story' about what happens naturally, it is the way ancient cultures explained things they didn't understand..

Be well..

Simply put, Tzu is right.

Humm
22-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I think things are usually more complex than simply 'It is' or 'It isn't', myself.

I think life is strange and mysterious, and it is precisely all the improbable and unexplained coincidences, synergies, experiences, and manifestations that make it so.

Charlies Angel
23-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Well a day after my little incident I found that my hubby had accidentally knocked into my car and there is now a big scuff on the back. Karma got me back! I am now endeavoring to be a calmer, nicer person and not get irate with other drivers. I wasn't happy about my car, but I graciously accept that I probably deserved it!