PDA

View Full Version : Do you recognise anyone?

Greenslade
07-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Just for the sake of interest, nothing more.

Some beliefs would say that we are reincarnated with the same Souls over and over again. Call it Soul Group if you will. It's also been said that members of the same Soul Group will recognise each other in some fashion, perhaps sensing another's energies or getting the feeling you've met them before.

Just out of curiosity, how many has that happened to on these boards? How many times do you read someone's post and think 'Do I know you from somewhere?'

Silver
07-08-2011, 07:09 PM
This brings up a question to me, about why certain 'personality types' (or is it just the person(s)) we are much more strongly drawn to than others? And what's behind that, if anything? Just having a seemingly immediate affinity / rapport for certain individuals? That thing about 'hitting it off'?

nightowl
07-08-2011, 08:14 PM

Some beliefs would say that we are reincarnated with the same Souls over and over again. Call it Soul Group if you will. It's also been said that members of the same Soul Group will recognise each other in some fashion, perhaps sensing another's energies or getting the feeling you've met them before.

Just out of curiosity, how many has that happened to on these boards? How many times do you read someone's post and think 'Do I know you from somewhere?'

I have encountered people in this way. My best friend and I know there is a spiritual connection between us. It is funny we even had a spiritual man recognize this connection and for some reason he tried to separate us, by praying over us, silently of course...heheee...we are strong together in spirit and he didn't like that I guess...we seem to enhance each others abilities when we are together, is this part of the connection...does this happen because we are connected? I tend to think so...

There are a few on SF that I do feel a strong connection to :wink:

nightowl

Docha
07-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I connect with many like this.

Online I get more validations from the other person than offline, as they are more prone to explore the connection.

I do feel a familiarity with quite a few here, but as of yet have to discern what it is exactly. It usually takes a bit of interacting before I understand it.

I do relate it to past life connections, which is odd because I don't have a strong definition of what reincarnation is or how it works. To me it just is.

nightowl
07-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Docha,

I do relate it to past life connections, which is odd because I don't have a strong definition of what reincarnation is or how it works. To me it just is.

This is true for me as well, I haven't really got a set handle or belief on it though, like you said it 'just is'. :smile:

nightowl

kris
07-08-2011, 09:54 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many has that happened to on these boards? How many times do you read someone's post and think 'Do I know you from somewhere?'I have reincarnated with one person many times including this lifetime. When we leave one another leaving loose ends, our karma draws us back again to tie up those loose ends. This person recognized me when she was little over two years old.

Uma
07-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Hi Greenslade,

Well, I've done quite a few psychic readings on SF and I always LOVE reading for people who manifest their spiritual qualities. They tend to ask the most beautiful questions and the reading is full of light. People who manifest spiritual qualities (selflessness, love, peace, compassion, wisdom...for example) come across with gold in their energy field. I love reading for these people as it's always uplifting for me, whereas the darker ones are takers - these are givers.

Coming2
08-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Oh I have definitely met a few people who I instinctively knew where from my soul group. I am prone to visions and dreams where I see myself in other lives with certain people and there is just this knowing they are someone I am connected to in this life.

Greenslade
09-08-2011, 07:19 AM
This brings up a question to me, about why certain 'personality types' (or is it just the person(s)) we are much more strongly drawn to than others? And what's behind that, if anything? Just having a seemingly immediate affinity / rapport for certain individuals? That thing about 'hitting it off'?

I believe that if we remembered everything our Souls did, our heads would explode :-) I doubt the human brain is designed to remember so many things from so many Past Lives, and perhaps from the Soul's perspective there is merit in the human mind not being able to remember for the duration of this Journey. However, I believe that as we move towards a greater oneness and that impacts on our everyday Lives, we become aware of a 'leaking' between our human awareness and our Soul's awareness.

There are a few on SF that I do feel a strong connection to :wink:
nightowl
And sometimes it's fun just to see how far that goes. Even those small, baby steps can bring so many 'oh wow' moments.

I connect with many like this.

Online I get more validations from the other person than offline, as they are more prone to explore the connection.

I do feel a familiarity with quite a few here, but as of yet have to discern what it is exactly. It usually takes a bit of interacting before I understand it.

That's all a part of the fun of it, Docha. For me, recognising the connection is usually just the first step and following it through can bring so much. However, I don't try to define it but I just let it happen the way it will. Sometimes you've just got to sit back and watch the garden grow.

This person recognized me when she was little over two years old.
Makes you wonder what 'us adults' are missing out on, doesn't it?

I'm intrigued, Uma. I was looking at your avatar which seems to reflect what you've written. Tell me what you see :-)

Oh I have definitely met a few people who I instinctively knew where from my soul group. I am prone to visions and dreams where I see myself in other lives with certain people and there is just this knowing they are someone I am connected to in this life.
I love it when that happens, makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :smile: For some, it's enough to know that We Are One but for others that has to translate into this Life somehow. It's as though it has more substance when it's 'filtered down the line'.

I've been getting this feeling for the need to reconnect somehow. I know none of us are really disconnected, but reconnecting again can often make the connections stronger - like understanding the Light when you have known darkness. New connections, like shadows in the mists.

EverythingAllowed
26-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I've reincarnated with at least 6-7 people from my 'soul group'. We spend some incarnations all together, and some apart depending on the lessons we are trying to learn.

With most of them there was an instant connection and sense of 'recognition', with some it took a little longer to develop. I've done past life and life between lives regressions to delve a little more deeply into the karma with some of the relationships there, and it's made a lot of things make sense in terms of how we've set things up in THIS life.

Trieah
26-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I can recognize little pieces of myself in other people, but so far there hasn't really been any HUGE connections with anyone living, that I could honestly recognize as being from my same soul group. Sometimes I have to wonder if I even have a soul group at all because I feel so disconnected to them. But I really don't know if it's because I'm the last one of my group to get to the next level. Or if I'm the first one from my group to get to the next level. It's really hard for me to tell :rolleyes:

I'd really really like to have a good past life, or even lives between lives regression session, so I can feel more connected to something, anything.