PDA

View Full Version : Reading Between the Lines (Your Thoughts)

Search
05-08-2011, 09:54 PM
With Spirituality in mind and the many roads different people look towards, become entrenched in and or jump from; what aspects of READING BETWEEN THE LINES come to your mind.

I've been thinking in terms of:
Detachment, Attachment, Conflicts, Benefits of, Freedom without boundaries, Dangers of, Enslaved, Dictation, and so on...

Just curious to the thoughts of others on the topic of "Reading Between The Lines?"

nightowl
05-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Experiences verses doctrines, individual verses group mentality, limitless spiritual possibilities verse set beliefs

nightowl

The Om
06-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Well, I guess the question that comes to mind for me, is, 'what lines?' What are the lines? And are they really necessary? It seems to me that the 'lines' are little more than polarities, which would imply a certain attachment to something. If you have to say "What do you see between these two distinct lines that I've just pulled out of my donkey?" it would seem that you've already made up your mind. If you know about the North Pole, and you know about the South Pole, you know that the middle exists as the Equator. You may not yet know of its warmth and ease, but you know its there. After all, the warmth and ease are just words to fill in the blanks. Really, you could say that the Equator is a stormy, Bermuda triangle-esque place that no one has any understanding of, and had I not been there, who would I be to argue with you? I guess what I'm trying to say is that its all just a matter of perspective. I mean, you may already have decided what the lines are all about, but I may have a completely different understanding of it. And as such, the middle ground would be completely different for me as well.
Going back to the example I just used though... It just struck me as strange how the 'middle ground' is the complete opposite of both lines. How the equator is the opposite of the poles. You know? You'd think it would be a mixture or even a collaboration of the two, but instead its the opposite. Taken as a metaphor, that is.
I feel the need to apologize though, I've been somewhat scatter-brained as of late.

:smile:

not human
06-08-2011, 02:38 AM
there is space between the lines ........

Search
06-08-2011, 05:26 AM
No need OM ... Thanks for the insight. LOL "not human" ... very funny :)

not human
06-08-2011, 05:36 AM
No need OM ... Thanks for the insight. LOL "not human" ... very funny :)

I was being serious

Search
06-08-2011, 07:25 AM
I never said you were not. I still found it funny, but sorry if I offended. Yes I do believe there is always space between the lines. If you feel otherwise, could you elaborate ... If you don't mind? I'm easy either way.

not human
06-08-2011, 07:50 AM
I never said you were not. I still found it funny, but sorry if I offended. Yes I do believe there is always space between the lines. If you feel otherwise, could you elaborate ... If you don't mind? I'm easy either way.

No offence taken Search....but I don't think I can elaborate...it's one of those cognitive statements & I have no where to take it :smile:

Topology
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
The way I read between the lines is based off of experience. Someone might write 50-100 words in a particular sequence, but how those words are used is reflective of the psychology and events behind the worlds. The brain is a pattern matching machine and it goes through all previous experience searching for the experience which generated those words. The system has grown more accurate over time and with input of a wide range of experiences into the computer. Once the class of experiences is found, there is a co-index of understanding for that experience.

I've got my very own google-search index operating for human experience. With a few discerning questions for confirmation, It's gotten pretty accurate. But maybe that's because I avoid participating in situations where I have no relevant experience to draw upon.

Reading between the lines is about letting go of the analysis and just feeling the flow generated by the words.

Search
06-08-2011, 11:23 AM
That was excellent! Something I would like to learn and or practice more of. I need to read that a few times, but I can identify.
Thanks for participating then! :)

Time
06-08-2011, 12:08 PM
"although the course may change sometime, rivers always reach the sea"

Search
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Very nice Time ... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr I see all now :)
One liners ... Hmmmmmm
Bit like the Holy Grail equation in physics. Yet the laws of physics rarely apply to the spiritual realm, or do they? Actually does not matter ...

Your one liner, although concise and precise ...makes me think on my point of "lines" in many ways I find too much space between such riddles, yet searching for it's meaning can be reward enough ... even if my answer differs.

Is that why people use Dams?
Nice line Time.

Time
06-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Dont thank me, thank Led Zeppelin, and my parents for being smart enough to listin to it LOL

Search
07-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Priceless! :smile: LOL