PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle your gifts/abilities?

earthprowler
04-08-2011, 04:57 PM
This may sound like a dumb question but i'll give it a shot anyway.

I read all the time, I've had people tell me also their gifts or abilities are a curse, some wish they never had them, they don't like different things that come through to them or they aren't sure how to handle them. I'm sure this doesn't cover the majority.......right? I've heard how you have to be careful with what you do with what you have, I get that, but not wanting it??? WHY??????

i started out as a ghost hunter, i did that for 7 years in which time I was lucky enough to meet sensitives, psychics, mediums.....the whole rainbow spectrum. i was enthralled. that's what i wanted to do and i felt it to my core. i had no teacher, just a few friends that said i was too goofy to be able to do it. i was already a clairscentient. so i started meditating every night faithfully on what i wanted to be able to do and it didn't happen over night but it did slowly start to happen. i would walk around work like someone with OCD repeating affirmations in my head all day about what i would be able to do, i read websites, took what made sense to me and applicated it into my thinking. I was able to start giving reading to friends and family, I knew when something was wrong, have the ability to walk into a place and read it (even told someone their house wasn't there before and they found out a house stood there before but had burnt down), i have people ask me to read them (which i love), and for someone that wants a longer story ask about my argument with the other side. i saw the little boy across the street being brought by his grandmother two months before his mom got pregnant.......that is the coolest thing i've ever had happen.

anyway.......am i alone in this love for what i do with open arms???? i don't see anything wrong with wanting it all and striving for it.

or am i really a babbling idiot? :confused:

vortex
04-08-2011, 05:11 PM
or am i really a babbling idiot? No never

some times it can be a course like one of mine a ask spirit to shut down
that is feeling others feeling an ailments eg pain saw hip to grief of losing a child

but lot of them I love doing like channelling art eg

another side affect was not keeping grounded and maintaining my life here like bills extra that was not good to

Topology
04-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't have a lot of psychic experiences (that I consciously recognize), but the people that have called these gifts "curses" have been the ones that need healing within themselves before they are ready to relate to seeing what's inside of others. If you do not find it to be a problem for yourself, then it sounds like there is no problem. If you know how to relate to these experiences and not take them personally, then it sounds like you can handle them. As long as you can walk in integrity, there ain't no problem.

moke64916
04-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I've learned how to turn on and turn off my psychic abilities at will. Master the mind, and you can too.

Enya
04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Congrats on embracing the joy of being yourself!! You're right, the things we 'sensitives' can do, see and experience are wonderful! My teacher spends all her time working hard to help others find the true joy of Being within themselves. I hope to be half as good as her in my own work. :angel8: Ask, believe, strive... flow!
:D

earthprowler
04-08-2011, 10:09 PM
thank you all........ but why would others see theirs as a curse or not want it? this is what i'm having trouble understanding.

Enya
04-08-2011, 10:24 PM
It all depends on personal attitude, mostly born of social conditioning, emotional/mental issues and/or intensity and form of spiritual opening. Some people have to learn to open up, while others have to learn to close down. It can be a frightening thing for someone with no idea what's going on. Many are not fortunate enough to encounter teachers in the beginning or have the inner strength to seek their own answers. Spiritual There are also, sadly, too few teachers focusing on the joy and wonder of such work. Too many work from ego and force away new seekers just when they are at their most vulnerable. :icon_frown:

I've never seen my abilities as a curse and have always 'slogged on'... but there have been times that I closed the door because it was just too darn hard (and yes, I know I made it hard for myself... lol)

Docha
05-08-2011, 03:54 AM
The curse comes with the oddity, responsibility, burden and confusion.

You conciously chose your ability. That is the difference.

Being a six year old child that dreams come true with no one to help you understand...that is impactfull. Its about being set apart from the world, and learning you scare people by being who you are.

Its not finding the words to tell your friend their missing father would be found drown...

Its knowing what will come and not wanting it to end that way.

Its a gift, and fun when the good times are abundant. When you find others who don't avoid you like the plague, when christians aren't trying to save your soul because you must be lead by satan...lol

Most who call it a curse have probably experienced similar things. Its good and bad. :)

sesheta
07-08-2011, 12:40 AM
I totally agree that any talents/gifts that we have are given to us for a reason. The few that I seem to have myself I have always embraced. Others in my family have similar gifts, but they block it, because it scares them. My opinion is that, if you consciously block these things, you somehow lose an essential part of yourself. I've also never understood why people think it's a curse, or scary, or not wanting to know.
One of the "gifts" I have always had is knowing when someone close to me is dying/near death. I can see that person and know instinctively that I will never see them alive again. I can also sense it even if not in physical proximity. While it is not necessarily a good feeling, I find it makes it much easier; I can prepare myself, and it's not such a shock when they do pass on.
I guess some people handle these talents better than others, but it's always baffled me, too.. good thread :)