PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to back track?

Dawn
04-08-2011, 01:55 AM
I'll admit, from day one it's like I've been a toddler being put in a car (concerning my spiritual path here). I'll be okay to start out with, then start shuffling around, moving about, pressing buttons, playing with the steering wheel. I don't really have a clue what the buttons do, but I'd pester with them anyway.

The thing is, I still sort of feel this way, despite walking on my spiritual path. I'm starting to get to the point of I don't know how to put back what I've been fiddling with in that car, so to speak. I don't know their original posititions. All I know is the longer this goes on, the less I feel like plain old me, and the more exhausted I'm getting on this path. The less comfortable I'm getting (with myself, not my decisions), like with my energy and such.
I'm tempted to go on another spiritual path hiatus, but, as with last time, I don't know what all I've changed about myself and how to, or even if I can, put back everything I've been fiddling with.
I'm tired of feeling this way, knowing something's 'off' with me (not being grounded enough, my crown chakra being too open and active, etc. etc. etc.), not sure how to properly fix it, and when I do, just how 'fixed' it is.
It's getting to be less enjoyable and more like work, and work I have no clue how to do or do properly.
So, I'm wondering, is there any way to backtrack? To reboot my spiritual levels to default settings so I don't have all of this going on? Or is it just one of those things I'm stuck with and have to deal with? (Like when you break a bone in your arm. Even after you've got it put in a cast and it heals, it's never really the same again. It'll have a scar there, the bone will show signs of having mended itself, and you can feel it when the pressure in the air changes? It's nothing you can change, but something you simply have to live with?)

I AM
04-08-2011, 02:18 AM
For me, once I started to explore I could never go back. I would try to quit, but would always come back.
Now I just take a break when needed, I just let go, I know I'll be back.

nightowl
04-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Dawn,
I can understand how you feel. When a flood of insight keeps coming it can be overwhelming no matter how grounded one gets. I do not like to give advice per se but maybe a suggestion. It seems your have opened up quite a bit to the energies around you and in your stones. It is just like a power plant one needs to learn to regulate what energy they are sensitive to and how to move in it in a beneficial way. Take a step back and evaluate which of these you can let lie for now. A power plant that runs at full capacity will overload if the energy isn't handled by circuit breakers and such to manage the power. It will burn up. Maybe you are meant to just focus on one area for now, and then one will build upon another. Being connected to Spirit doesn't go away, but your spirit does need to learn the importance of lowering the energy flow when necessary to allow the power plant, you, to do need maintenance and up keep.
Hope you find your resting spot. :hug3:

nightowl

Silver
04-08-2011, 02:24 AM
I think it's a matter of accepting wherever you're 'at' in your journey, it's ok to be momentarily lost or just to not panic at the thought that you're not arrived at some imagined place of near-perfection (since nobody gets to be perfect). Just today I had to turn off / reboot my computer and it's something we all have to do occasionally, even pros reboot, it seems to be something we all have to do, shut down for a spell, long or short, whatever is needed and breathe~*

moke64916
04-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Don't think. Stay present.

theophilus
05-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Are you sure the path you were on is the right one? Perhaps God has sent these problems into your path so warn you that it is the wrong one. Here is another path you might consider following:

http://www.esvbible.org/search/John+14%3A6/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.esvbible.org%2Fsea rch%2FJohn%2B14%253A6%2F)

Internal Queries
05-08-2011, 02:57 PM
oh man! do i ever relate to the Op! i'm wearing myself out and i don't know how to stop.

it feels like when i was a little kid and my mother would drag me down the street and through the crowds by my wrist. i'd be running as fast as i could but i just couldn't keep up. and complaining would just make her walk faster. LOL ugh!

Docha
05-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Time to pull back and rediscover your inner child. After all the work you need to allow yourself to rest.

Watch a movie, read a book, play a video game, go to a party...whatever brings you joy. If you feel you must ask the universe to give you a small break, and take it guilt free.
When your rested you will be able to come back fresh and once again excited.

Giving all your energy to the spiritual is not balanced.

Internal Queries
05-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Time to pull back and rediscover your inner child. After all the work you need to allow yourself to rest.

Watch a movie, read a book, play a video game, go to a party...whatever brings you joy. If you feel you must ask the universe to give you a small break, and take it guilt free.
When your rested you will be able to come back fresh and once again excited.

Giving all your energy to the spiritual is not balanced.

lol my inner child gets pulled down the street by her wrist and if she asks the universe to please slow down the universe just walks faster. LOL!

Docha
05-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Lol I actually thought of that as I wrote, I can relate. I just dig in my heels and yell louder when that happens, though I do believe its reminders more than force.

I can't ignore my animal friends and the messages they bring amymore than I can quit breathing. I acknowledge and thank the universe and get back to playing!

Take note, and explore more when you have the energy. Time is a man made concept, the spiritual realm could care less how long it takes.

Many of your posts resonate with me. :)

Internal Queries
05-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Lol I actually thought of that as I wrote, I can relate. I just dig in my heels and yell louder when that happens, though I do believe its reminders more than force.

I can't ignore my animal friends and the messages they bring amymore than I can quit breathing. I acknowledge and thank the universe and get back to playing!

Take note, and explore more when you have the energy. Time is a man made concept, the spiritual realm could care less how long it takes.

Many of your posts resonate with me. :)

hehehe! i don't dare dig in my heels and yell. the universe will just slap me upside my head and tell me to "quit making a scene". :D

Docha
05-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Lol!

I've called such an event being godsmacked...the 2x4 stings the most.

Xan
06-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Docha... My suggestion is to have a regular meditation practice that becomes your foundation for your spiritual growth... that you can rely on anytime, anyplace in daily life too. I find this just so important.

Here's one you might like:Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32551#post32551

Xan

not human
06-08-2011, 04:13 AM
Having a foundation is the glue that holds it together. It was said ' Before you undertake a concious spiritual path ....think very carefully & I would advise against it. However having started..one must complete it."
Bear in mind that all the emotions. issues & considerations that are appearing now shall indeed pass.

Docha
06-08-2011, 04:14 AM
Thank you Xan, will check it out.

Though meditation puts me to sleep which induces prophetic dreaming, so I do try not to do it outside of the home...lol

In actuality the only time I am thrown off balance these days is when I am 'pushed' to move. The universe tends to see that I don't become lazy, but it takes care of me.

For instance, I got mad at sister fate, said to heck with this spiritual stuff..so I got laid off and my car broke down. A friend I hadn't talked to in a while hunted me out to update me on her life ...linked me here and viola!

I can't leave the spiritual path if I try. I get grounded from life. Lol Had a date this weekend too. Grumble, grumble, crab, moan.

It's all good no matter what happens. I've learned to go with the flow. :)

mattie
06-08-2011, 06:00 AM
Be VERY flexible about the spiritual journey. Don’t expect your self to be at a particularly level 24/7. Fluctuations are entirely normal. One of the least productive things we can do is to feel obligated to be highly spiritual all the time (blissed-out).

There is no need to have a do over. Move past the idea that you’re doing or have done something wrong. This can be VERY unproductive. TRUST that you’ve explored where you needed & in the way that you needed. TRUST your self & the process. Give your self the freedom to explore where ever you have the urge to go. KNOW that our journey has continual phases. It isn’t meant to be the same all the time.

Stages Of Our Energetic/Spiritual Journey-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=230376#post230376