PDA

View Full Version : "I"

I AM
03-08-2011, 07:52 PM
It's all just a dream.

I keep waking up and falling back asleep.

I think there must be somthing else out there but all I ever find is my self.

I take a position and try to percive what I am only to forget that I did so, then I become a self.

I creat other selves that I can't ever realy know, then I remember that I am not realy a self eather.

I here you calling but I can't know you untill I know "I" and then you are gone.

I am my own eternal prison. Imprisoned within infinity. inprisioned within "I" forever. But now at least I know it, untill I forget again, and try to see what Is out there and wake up only to find that I am once again a self.

Topology
03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Is it so bad being a self?

Perry J
03-08-2011, 08:43 PM
You are what you think you are. This is an identity based on choice.
This is always a false entity. If you let everything BE as it IS, all choice-based identities drop. Then, you are the space around the prison, and since you are not investing any more identity in that prison, it dissolves.

I AM
03-08-2011, 08:55 PM

No, its just the amnesia of it that gets me.

How is it that I forget what I am and become somthing that is not what I was when all of it is just me anyway.

Its like realising that you are for the first time again and wondering how you came about.

Sentientno1
03-08-2011, 10:58 PM

i believe I AM is trying to state existance from the perspective of "personified" awareness.

BlueSky
03-08-2011, 11:08 PM
I create other selves that I can't ever really know, then I remember that I am not really a self either.

I really like that for some reason.........
James

mattie
03-08-2011, 11:10 PM
You are what you think you are. This is an identity based on choice.
This is always a false entity. If you let everything BE as it IS, all choice-based identities drop. Then, you are the space around the prison, and since you are not investing any more identity in that prison, it dissolves.

It is unknown why you view our identity, that is, of course, based on our choice as false. We can just ‘BE’ but this is always in the context of our self’s perceptions. Viewing self as a ‘prison’ is a personal choice that many don’t share.

One can just as easily have self as the launching pad from which we explore the Universe rather than a limiting ‘prison.’ The choice is ours.

mattie
03-08-2011, 11:14 PM
I am my own eternal prison. Imprisoned within infinity. inprisioned within "I" forever. But now at least I know it, untill I forget again, and try to see what Is out there and wake up only to find that I am once again a self.

This seems to view our Oneness as dissolving all identities to an uniform undifferentiated energy. This is a not a requirement, particularly in moving from 3D to 5D.

Dimensional Awareness- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=277497#post277497

The view that you are your own ‘eternal prison’ & ‘Imprisoned within infinity. inprisioned within "I" forever.’ is a self imposed boundary as well as a curious view of self.

BlueSky
03-08-2011, 11:16 PM
One can just as easily have self as the launching pad from which we explore the Universe rather than a limiting ‘prison.’ The choice is ours.

Very Nice!

mattie
03-08-2011, 11:16 PM

Nope. We chose to incarnate here to experience individuality to further our learning & experiences.

Xan
04-08-2011, 12:28 AM
I think there must be somthing else out there but all I ever find is my self.

I AM... The struggle some people get into about whether there is a 'self' or not is confusing at best, and very limiting. Why? Because it's just another idea in the mind... an idea of 'no self' is no more freeing than an idea of self.

The sense of 'self' that feels like a prison is the smallest part of what you are. If you are trying to see what Is - out there - you miss the discovery of your own expansive, inclusive nature, within and all around you... the I Am that is your existence, your own pure being.

Instead of trying not to be something you could let go of preconceptions and expectations for a moment and simply look to see what's here... in the quiet open space beneath the thinking mind.

Xan

I AM
04-08-2011, 01:32 AM

Well put.

Inprisioned in the self. Inprisoned in the universe. In the mind of god. A self inprisoned within I.
The "universe" I know can never exist out side of what I am.
All my selves exist within what I am. But when I become identified with a self I forget what I am. When I wake up to what I am my selves seem to become less real.

I AM
04-08-2011, 01:44 AM
This seems to view our Oneness as dissolving all identities to an uniform undifferentiated energy.

Exactly, There is only one of us.

The view that you are your own ‘eternal prison’ & ‘Imprisoned within infinity. inprisioned within "I" forever.’ is a self imposed boundary as well as a curious view of self.

I love my prison, I am unescapable but I have no boundarys.

I AM
04-08-2011, 02:02 AM
I AM... The struggle some people get into about whether there is a 'self' or not is confusing at best, and very limiting. Why? Because it's just another idea in the mind... an idea of 'no self' is no more freeing than an idea of self.

Of course there is a self, I create it so I can try to understand, or experience, what I am.
Words get dificult here but My self is of what I am but I am everything the the self can ever know.
When I am a self I feel seperate from what I am, I get lost in the self and view everything else as seperate from what I am.

Instead of trying not to be something you could let go of preconceptions and expectations for a moment and simply look to see what's here... in the quiet open space beneath the thinking mind.

Xan

beneath the thinking mind is the eternal I that creates the self but I still can't escape from what I am, self or no self?

Eudaimonist
04-08-2011, 05:24 AM

Lorien: You are thinking about escape again aren't you? Don't. There's no way off Z'ha'dum. Might as well give up. Reconcile yourself as I did.

Sheridan: The first obligation of a prisoner is to escape.

Lorien: Ah. So if one is a prisoner of love, must one escape to solitude? If one is a prisoner to joy, must one escape to sadness?

From the television show Babylon 5.

eudaimonia,

Mark

SueCS
04-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Hello I Am,
Very nice, thank you for sharing.
We are what we think we are, no more, no less but here is a poem I wrote a while back if it can be called a poem. It helped me walk though and get to the other side. It helped me see it from a different perspective, I think life is mostly about perspective.

Searching……….. Seeking………….Thirsting
For an understanding I know I have.
It lurks, hidden in the deep edges of my memory
Like shadows in the night forest,
Elusive and yet still there.
I creep up next to it,
As not to frighten it away.
I try to grasp and hold it close.
To absorb, to know.
Then the search, the question is forgotten
And I live.
Experiencing this life.
Not remembering there was a question at all
Till again………

Perry J
04-08-2011, 07:57 AM
It is unknown why you view our identity, that is, of course, based on our choice as false. We can just ‘BE’ but this is always in the context of our self’s perceptions. Viewing self as a ‘prison’ is a personal choice that many don’t share.

And everyone must look inside themselves to get the answers.
It's all about Identity. The false identity - the prison - might be a closed system of thought.
Repetitive, old thoughts, seemingly important.
But all identity, especially false ones, have a very strong survival instinct.
This is what makes it so "important".
It's not about coming to a conclusion with all this thinking.
It doesn't lead anywhere, it never stops.
The obsession itself is just the identity, doing its survival,
proving itself, convincing you that you must keep it alive...

Gem
04-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Sure, the thought of you, can come and go.

BlueSky
04-08-2011, 12:08 PM

The sense of 'self' that feels like a prison is the smallest part of what you are. If you are trying to see what Is - out there - you miss the discovery of your own expansive, inclusive nature, within and all around you... the I Am that is your existence, your own pure being.

Xan

Xan, I like the gist of this post but "the quiet open space beneath the thinking mind" is also a preconception and expectation. Why not just stop at "simply look to see what's there"?
James

Xan
04-08-2011, 09:51 PM
beneath the thinking mind is the eternal I that creates the self but I still can't escape from what I am, self or no self?

Yes... You can't not be all that you are.

Maybe I heard you wrong, I AM, but you are calling it 'imprisoned' which makes me think you feel limited and bound... in which case that's not awareness in the eternal I but something else.

Xan

Xan
04-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Xan, I like the gist of this post but "the quiet open space beneath the thinking mind" is also a preconception and expectation. Why not just stop at "simply look to see what's there"?
James
Well, if it's a preconception and expectation of the mind that's not actually experiencing the open quiet space beyond the mind, is it?

As I see what's here, That's what is here most of all... and everything else comes and goes in It. Like that analogy of the sky and the clouds.

Xan

BlueSky
05-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Well, if it's a preconception and expectation of the mind that's not actually experiencing the open quiet space beyond the mind, is it?

As I see what's here, That's what is here most of all... and everything else comes and goes in It. Like that analogy of the sky and the clouds.

Xan

That makes no sense. Why not tell people to just look and let them see a quiet space. Thats all I am saying. You put it in the mind what they will see with.

I AM
05-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Yes... You can't not be all that you are.

Maybe I heard you wrong, I AM, but you are calling it 'imprisoned' which makes me think you feel limited and bound... in which case that's not awareness in the eternal I but something else.

Xan

Imprisoned? Wrapped in Gods arms, a security for the self who struggles to escape and become the God it know somehow it is.

But there is no escape, the self exists within the creator and the creator through the self.

Perhaps I, the I that I am, can exist without anything, without any creations, but this is out of my nature, (which I can not escape eather).

Xan
05-08-2011, 02:23 AM
It makes sense to me, James, to let people know there is such a thing as the open quiet space so they may notice it.

Probably most people have moments of this but don't pay attention because it doesn't seem like anything interesting or useful. Learning to pay attention to it makes all the difference.

Once I ask my teacher at the time how to know what is true among all that I experience. He said, "The truth is silent." That simple guideline helped me more than any other.

Xan

I AM
05-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Hello I Am,
Very nice, thank you for sharing.
We are what we think we are, no more, no less but here is a poem I wrote a while back if it can be called a poem. It helped me walk though and get to the other side. It helped me see it from a different perspective, I think life is mostly about perspective.

Searching……….. Seeking………….Thirsting
For an understanding I know I have.
It lurks, hidden in the deep edges of my memory
Like shadows in the night forest,
Elusive and yet still there.
I creep up next to it,
As not to frighten it away.
I try to grasp and hold it close.
To absorb, to know.
Then the search, the question is forgotten
And I live.
Experiencing this life.
Not remembering there was a question at all
Till again………

Yep, beautifuly said.

Xan
05-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Imprisoned? Wrapped in Gods arms, a security for the self who struggles to escape and become the God it know somehow it is.

But there is no escape, the self exists within the creator and the creator through the self.

Perhaps I, the I that I am, can exist without anything, without any creations, but this is out of my nature, (which I can not escape eather).
I really have no clue what you're on about, I Am.

'Imprisoned' and 'no escape' are not words I would use for the all-inclusive freedom we discover in the I Am essence of being.

Xan

BlueSky
05-08-2011, 02:28 AM
It makes sense to tell them to have no expectations or preconceptions except for seeing a thing you see called an open space?

I AM
05-08-2011, 02:32 AM
I really have no clue what you're on about, I Am.

'Imprisoned' and 'no escape' are not words I would use for the all-inclusive freedom we discover in the I Am essence of being.

Xan

I don't know how else to say it, I feel like I am wraped up in what I am. When I open my Physical human eyes I see my self all around. Its like I'm not the human I am everything else and the human is only a way to view what I am.

BlueSky
05-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I don't know how else to say it, I feel like I am wraped up in what I am. When I open my Physical human eyes I see my self all around. Its like I'm not the human I am everything else and the human is only a way to view what I am.

Yes a vehicle so to speak.:smile:

I AM
05-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Yes a vehicle so to speak.:smile:

I like that.

A vehicle to explore what I am.

The self as a vehicle of self discovery.

Xan
05-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Interesting, I AM... My sense is more of being un-wrapped, and the human perspective is only one of the multiple viewing points possible for this consciousness.

Xan

Xan
05-08-2011, 02:52 AM
It makes sense to tell them to have no expectations or preconceptions except for seeing a thing you see called an open space?
Yep. It's not like I'm making up an idea of quiet open space and suggesting people get into imagining it... because it is really real after all, isn't it James.

Xan

Topology
05-08-2011, 02:54 AM
I like that.

A vehicle to explore what I am.

The self as a vehicle of self discovery.

Are you trapped within the vehicle, or is the vehicle inside you?

I AM
05-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Interesting, I AM... My sense is more of being un-wrapped and the human perspective is only one of the multiple viewing points possible for this consciousness.

Xan

I would agree with that, but I am still dumbfound by this discovery and am trying to find a way to express and understand it.

I AM
05-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Are you trapped within the vehicle, or is the vehicle inside you?

Both, where realy one and the same arent we, the vehicle and I?

Xan
05-08-2011, 03:03 AM
I AM: I would agree with that, but I am still dumbfound by this discovery and am trying to find a way to express and understand it.

Yes... I understand that. We're just working out some options for understanding and expressing. :smile:

Topology: Are you trapped within the vehicle, or is the vehicle inside you?

Well said, Top.

Xan

Xan
05-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Both, where realy one and the same arent we, the vehicle and I?
That is the real question, isn't it: Who am I? The body-mind human vehicle or the consciousness that is experiencing and discovering through it?

Look and see without thought.

Xan

BlueSky
05-08-2011, 12:17 PM
The thing with this thread as i see it is people are misunderstandinding IAM to be one crying out for help when in fact IAM is expressing something wonderful happening the best they can. Sharing.
IAm is just sharing and that is being seen as an opportunity to teach or help to others, as i see it.
It's all good, I understand those urges to help, but thats not what he needs. He needs nothing but a set of ears.
IAM sounds so geniune to me. I feel his excitement..........and I love how he is expressing it.
He's reaching out, not asking for help.
As i see it obviously.........
James

I AM
07-08-2011, 06:28 PM
The thing with this thread as i see it is people are misunderstandinding IAM to be one crying out for help when in fact IAM is expressing something wonderful happening the best they can. Sharing.
IAm is just sharing and that is being seen as an opportunity to teach or help to others, as i see it.
It's all good, I understand those urges to help, but thats not what he needs. He needs nothing but a set of ears.
IAM sounds so geniune to me. I feel his excitement..........and I love how he is expressing it.
He's reaching out, not asking for help.
As i see it obviously.........
James

:icon_thumright: Thank you WhiteShaman, you got it, and to all of you who posted here. Your comments help me to contemplate my current understanding.

moke64916
07-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I would agree with that, but I am still dumbfound by this discovery and am trying to find a way to express and understand it.
That's the problem. Trying to understand it. That's more thinking. You cannot descibe the "I am that I am.". It just is. Without thinking.