PDA

View Full Version : drawn to me

mel
02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
For several years I have been trying to find a path, but no matter what wicca seems to be of my interest. Something sincerely intrigues me about it. I've researched other paths but always without fail end up right back to researching wicca, getting more in depth with it.

mattie
02-08-2011, 07:53 PM
You should follow your instincts in exploring whatever you feel drawn to. There will be something that is in this area of interest that will have some significance for you.

mel
03-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Thank you. I think I will follow my instinct. There's probably a reason I'm so drawn to it. I have yet to do any rituals yet because I have been studying it for several years, maybe now is the time to.

norseman
03-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Mel, I just posted in Jessikagurl 101 in answer to her question - same as yours really.

mel
03-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Thank you norseman! I do feel a huge connection with nature. I'd rather be outside then indoors. I have two b.o.s', one is already completely filled with knowledge from cover to cover and I am currently working on the other. For a bit I was intrigued by Buddhism because of the prayer and meditation, but still in the back of mind I felt like it wasn't the right path for me. Wicca still stood in my mind. I have been curious and drawn to it since I was a child. I don't know if I'm drawn to it because of my ancestry practiced. I also found out, as a child, through research, wiccans also meditate. The sense I get after meditation is quite strong, like a breath of fresh, crisp, ocean air. I think I'll continue researching and wait a bit longer to gain more insight before doing any rituals.

Medium_Laura
03-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Why stick with one? Why not incorporate things from all religions that you like and make your own :)

That's what I do :)

windwhistle
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Yes...I like to blend all of the truths from any and every spiritual path I have explored. Wicca's already such a blend. It's good to study a bit in the beginning...but then I had to live it...and I had to do it my way...the way that was natural for me...and not necessarily Gardner's way. It's like Wicca is the color violet...but think of the many shades of purple it can be and how beautiful it is to blend the pale blue of say Bhuddism next to the violet. And Wicca is broad and there are paths within paths...you may find a special interest such as history, scrying, candle making, ...it is endless...and non discriminatory. Like true love, it is all inclusive.

norseman
03-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Mel, just a cautionary note. Do not get "captured" by the rituals and "bureaucracy" of wicca. Gardner grafted these on to increase the air of mystery and exclusivity of his new faith, they serve no other purpose.

Medium_Laura
03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
I agree with Wind and Norse. Make your own path :)

mel
03-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Thank you all. I never thought about combining them.
Thank you norseman, I agree I shouldn't get so hung up on rituals and just go with the flow.

LadyMoondancer
08-08-2011, 04:12 AM
Yes...I like to blend all of the truths from any and every spiritual path I have explored. Wicca's already such a blend. It's good to study a bit in the beginning...but then I had to live it...and I had to do it my way...the way that was natural for me...and not necessarily Gardner's way. It's like Wicca is the color violet...but think of the many shades of purple it can be and how beautiful it is to blend the pale blue of say Bhuddism next to the violet. And Wicca is broad and there are paths within paths...you may find a special interest such as history, scrying, candle making, ...it is endless...and non discriminatory. Like true love, it is all inclusive.

very well put Wind -

Lostgirl
10-08-2011, 07:13 AM
I wouldnt put a label on it :) Just enjoy what you believe in and take things from all different areas of paganism :D

mattie
10-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Why stick with one? Why not incorporate things from all religions that you like and make your own ...

Useful advice. Explore what you are drawn to w/ giving your self the flexibility to take from any belief system what works & declining what doesn't. Different things appeal to us at different stages of our journey as we naturally grow & expand.

It may be that some things from various belief systems work better combined than any one separately. Synergy.

mattie
10-08-2011, 07:25 AM
... I never thought about combining them.

None of the religions or belief systems really gets it all right. Some of them get parts of it right, so taking from all systems is highly beneficial, really necessary.

... I agree I shouldn't get so hung up on rituals and just go with the flow.

Don't hesitate to create your own rituals or energy procedures.