PDA

View Full Version : Transit period?

Tammy
02-08-2011, 10:42 AM
What is this?

Time
02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
A real simple answer, is the movements of the planets.

Tammy
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
sorry what i really ment was, what does it mean when some says :

your Transit Period – is about to enter into your life. is this good or bad?

Greybeard
02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Tammy, a "transit" is the motion of a planet in its orbit, and refers particularly to the moment in time when any transiting planet (planet in its real-time motion) crosses over, or comes into astrological aspect to, a point in the zodiac that was occupied by a planet at your birth, that is, in your natal chart.

Suppose the Sun was in the 13th degree of Libra the day you were born. The astrologer would say that "she has the Sun in 13 Libra". This point is "sensitized" and remains so throughout your life. Today, in real-time, Saturn is in 13 Libra. So "Saturn is transiting your Sun".

The transits, especially of the "heavy" planets (those from Jupiter outward to Pluto), "cause" conditions and events to occur in your life. They are one of the primary "predictive tools" used by astrologers.

They can be either "good" or "bad". What is important is that the show the timing of events within rather close limits. It is the natal planet that is "activated", that is "acted upon". The transiting planet, the one in real-time motion affecting the natal planet, is the one that brings events or conditions from "outside" (it can be internal as well) and sets off the "meaning" of the natal planet.

I like morbid examples. They shock people. So I will use the transit of Pluto. Today Pluto is retrograde in the 6th degree of Capricorn. Pluto moves very slowly (his orbital period is about 250 years -- he goes around the Sun one time every 250 years) and so he will not reach 13 Capricorn until spring of 2014. My Ascendant, one of the astrological symbols of our "life", is in 13 Cancer, exactly opposite 13 Cancer. So we say, when Pluto comes to 13 Capricorn, that "Pluto opposes the natal Ascendant". Pluto is the planet of transformation, the Ascendant the "body, the life". Thus I will be transformed in the spring of 2014; I will die. [The fact that Pluto opposes the Ascendant does not always indicate the personal death. Many other factors were considered in forming this prediction.]

When Jupiter transits your Sun (the conjunction) you may win the lottery. Or get married. Or go on a long and self-expanding trip. What actually happens depends on the natal chart. Most transits "cause" several more or less simultaneous events in a life (or destiny of a nation) that seem to be unrelated but are really different manifestations of the same energy.

Hope this sheds some light on your question.

Greybeard
02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Whoops....typo

My Ascendant, one of the astrological symbols of our "life", is in 13 Cancer, exactly opposite 13 Cancer.

Cancer should read "Capricorn".

Greybeard
02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh..."transit period" refers to the time surrounding the exact transit. As a rough measure we could say that when the transiting planet is within 3 degrees either before or after the exact transit it is "effective" and can "cause" things to happen. So the slower the planet, the longer the transit period. When a transiting planet turns retrograde just after passing over a natal planet, the period is greatly extended (it lasts a much longer-than-normal time) and is quite powerful because, in most cases, there will be three contacts (exact transits) instead of just one.

Time
02-08-2011, 07:57 PM
No real difference. Movements = change, in the universe and otherwise.

Greybeard
03-08-2011, 01:23 AM
P.S.: There is a second meaning to "transit" and "transit period". It means that a planet...Mercury or Venus specifically...goes across the face of the Sun. It is akin to a solar eclipse, but of course the bodies of Mercury and Venus are to small to cause an eclipse. But this is not the transit you refer to in your question.

Greybeard
03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
I can't help it....

If I were to ask Time how to get from here to Saskatoon, he would reply, "Thataway".

Someone standing next to us would describe the route in some detail -- the pass over the mountains, the location of the ford at the river, the fork in the road.....

and Time would then say, "Same thing. It's Thataway".

I too love Simplicity.

Spiritlite
07-08-2011, 05:32 PM
So can u predict assassination attempts on presidents for example and if so can it then be prevented or will it happen no matter what

Greybeard
07-08-2011, 08:13 PM
It will happen. Just as the unpleasant things in your life and mine will happen. Where is the sorrow in that?

Greybeard
07-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Today I am. In three years time I will die and be no more. Where is the sorrow in that?

I came to this Earth, and today am here. I have gotten to see this magical creation, to stand in awe of it, to love it. That can never be taken away.

According to the bible, the very first sin was the "eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil".

Good and evil are constructs of man's mind, based mostly on our fear of pain and lust for pleasure. In the Cosmic perspective there is no good and evil.

There just IS. That's all. In Exodus, chapter 3, God says "I AM. I AM THAT I AM". In Isaiah 45:7 he says that he creates evil. God ain't all good when measured from the human perspective.

And as an old man, I have finally come to see that what we perceive to be "bad" while we are living through it carries the seeds of "good", which sprout and bear fruit later on.

I have also learned that pain is a very necessary -- and very constructive -- thing. I would not want a life without pain. I have met and observed people whose horoscopes were all "trines" (a "good, easy aspect). They were people with no backbone, no strength or toughness, and no real verve for life.

Yes...the assassination attempt can be seen in the personal horoscope of the victim. No, it cannot be prevented.

Sentientno1
08-08-2011, 06:03 AM
grey...you have other malifics making aspect at the same time?

Greybeard
08-08-2011, 10:19 AM
which chart are we talking about Sentient?

Sentientno1
08-08-2011, 04:42 PM
which chart are we talking about Sentient?

Yours and the pluto opposition to your ascendent. Was wondering if there were other 'malifics' making aspect?

Right off the bat i will tell you you are more learned then i am on the subject of astrology so will pay attention.

i've been taught any death prediction is indicated by more then one malific making aspect on the lights and/or the ascendent.

You might be interested in this...a few years ago i was told i was under a death aspect. Decided then i better learn a little bit about death and dying and became involved in hospice care. It was both a tender and challanging experience. i think the most valuable service to these dying persons was the non judgemental listioning to things they could not burden thier families with. obviously i did not die. Later, questioning the reading, i was told i had taken that planetary influence and given it a direction, in other words worked with it.

The astrologer is one i trusted, other predictions coming to fruition.

Would welcome your thoughts on this.

Tammy
08-08-2011, 07:36 PM
somebody told me that my transit period will begin 15th August 2011, mighht be a few days before or after. I am a Aries. I dont know how accurate this person is, but from the above it doesnt sound to positive. I know in the earlier posts, one of you said that it can be good or bad. (hoping for good) how can i make it sure that it does.

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 04:03 AM
Hey Sentient....Good way to deal with those kinds of things; walk right up to them. Very healthy and positive.

My death chart -- I used the transit of Pluto across the natal horizon as a "search point". My natal Pluto sits squarely on the 2nd cusp. It is a natal death indicator, being opposed to the 8th. (Hindu astrologers consider the 2nd the House of Death, thus Pluto holds that power; in the Centiloquy of Hermes (1676) it is said that "The Lord of the Second House hath the same strength in hurting as the Lord of the Eighth."

So I used the transit of Pluto opposed my Asc to point to a period of time when death was likely. In death charts the Pre-natal eclipse is almost always involved. So I looked at its degree, and Lo and Behold, I have two lunations right on top of it, one in Sept (I think) and another following in April. I therefore took these two events as marking the "limits" or bracketing a possible death event, leaning toward the later one because of some details.

I then cast a Solar Return for 2014. The Lord of the Ascendant for that chart is posited in the Eighth House. There are whole host of other transit aspects connected to this....t. Saturn opp. r. Saturn; Moon and Mars mutually conjunct each the other, and much more.

Secondary prog. Mars squares something or another....

Anyway, there are many many death indicators, all convergent in time. I am not a careless astrologer who shoots from the hip, especially with something like death.

I haven't worked out a specific date yet. Laid it all aside, but I will do that for the simple challenge to my skill. But I have no doubt that the final curtain falls in the spring of 2014.

I do not believe that "working in a hospice" (giving the planetary energy "a direction") will block death. What I think is that the astrologer read the aspects wrong (very easy to do and no criticism of him/her). But when death is scheduled, death comes and that's that.

I read an aspect wrong once. I foresaw the death of my mother. So I decided to go visit her. It was the last time I ever saw her alive, although she didn't die then, but a few years later. But notice: It was the last time I saw her, so for me it was her "death". I had read the aspect wrong, as physical death, when it was a more "symbolic" death. I think that is what may have happened with your astrologer friend.

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Note: Pluto is not the lord of the Second in my chart, or of the Eighth. But he is physically in the Second and right on the cusp (and opposed to a planet in the Eighth). Pluto is a killer by nature as well.

Because you take astrology seriously and have knowledge of its workings, if you would like I will give you my birth data in private and you can work it out, with or without my guidance. That way you can see how the evidence accumulates, and leads the astrologer to accurately predict such things.

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 04:19 AM
I continually preach to students of astrology: the ONLY WAY TO LEARN ASTROLOGY IS BY READING CHARTS. Compare charts to actual lives, over and over again, and you begin to see how aspects and other things manifest in real life.

I have a few studies I have done, written out, and will share them with you if you want. None of them are complete, but several are very well developed and will show you how to study and reveal my personal methods as well. I do careful biographical study of the subject first, to the point where I have a good "feel" for the personality and life. I work up a chronology for study of predictive methods, and then -- first and foremost -- find the major life events and the general course of the life as described in the chart. I know I have JFK and Bobby Fischer worked up pretty well. I think my study of Martin Luther never got written, but I have the study in my head. He's a great example of Moon opposed Pluto.

Bobby Fisher (sp.?) is a wonderful study chart. He has so many outstanding examples of different things in his chart. Strange life, strange person.

numerouno
09-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Hindu astrologers take the 8th House as the house of karma, obstruction and death and 2nd house as wealth.

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Sorry numeruno....the Second House is death in hindu astrology....the Eigth is in fact "longevity".

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Ruler of Second is "death maraka".
http://www.astrojyoti.com/lesson4.htm The Second house called Dhana sthana, represents your wealth, speech, family, face, right eye, mouth and the food you eat and charity and death....."

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 10:09 AM
The Second and Seventh are the principal houses of Death in Hindu astrology numerouno. The Eighth can also be involved in death, I agree, but primarily for the very same reason I gave from the Centiloquy of Hermes, which was a book originally published in England in 1657. The house opposite any house often carries the meaning of the first, by "resonance".

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 10:10 AM
And between the Second and Seventh, the Second is generally given more weight.

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 10:15 AM
typo.....maraka should be karaka.

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 10:16 AM
**Centiloquy was published in 1676

Greybeard
09-08-2011, 10:20 AM
And don't know whether you are aware of it...but in western astrology the Seventh is also a house of Death. Do you know why?

Sentientno1
09-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the response Grey...because of the nature of your posts i would consider you anything but a 'sloppy' astrologer. your language is precise and to the point.
Maybe you will forgive me if i say i also see Pluto as regeneration, of course that depends on placement and aspect.

Other thing i noted in one of your posts is you use the moon eclipse nearst to the birth date, is this prior or post birth? i was taught prior to birth moon eclipse was an indicater of the strength the person would be equipped with to handle the challanges of the chart itself. The further away from the birth the better in this respect. Which ever planet was the first to pass over this eclipse point indicated HOW the matters would be handled. Prior or post birth you are the only person i know outside of my learning that's used moon eclipse in a natal chart. If i said i was delighted it might be interpreted as condecending : (

i don't do charts anymore, and am as rusty as an old hinge, but feel honored by your offer thank you.

Moggy
09-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Note: Pluto is not the lord of the Second in my chart, or of the Eighth. But he is physically in the Second and right on the cusp (and opposed to a planet in the Eighth). Pluto is a killer by nature as well.

Because you take astrology seriously and have knowledge of its workings, if you would like I will give you my birth data in private and you can work it out, with or without my guidance. That way you can see how the evidence accumulates, and leads the astrologer to accurately predict such things.

Greybeard, if you do not mind, I would like to look at your chart in an effort to glean any astro information I may not know, as to my own death, as my focus has not been on natal astrology for many years.

Greybeard
10-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Sentient, that is the Pre-natal eclipse nearest birth.

I would say that the natal chart itself, without consideration of eclipses surrounding the birth (I am not suggesting they should not be considered) shows the "strength" of the person with regard to life challenges. As my aunt used to tell me so often, "God don't give you no burden you can't bear." The challenges shown in a birth chart carry the tools to deal with them as well. They are one and the same thing.

Greybeard
10-08-2011, 05:01 AM
A good book, well worth the read, is Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning. Frankl was a Jewish psychiatrist who was cast into Auschwiitz and survived. He writes of his experiences and observations of the human soul under such extreme conditions -- conditions in which you become a number, without personal identity, facing imminent death with every breath.

numerouno
10-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I have been to the link you provided, the 2nd and 7th houses while may deal with death the 8th house is the prime house of death. As the 8th also deals with inheritance via death, also accidents, its also the house of destruction. Longetivity...determing this aspect, greybeard = finding possible times when death will likely occur. Since the 8th deals with death and longevity , accidents, obstruction, legacies (ones leaves when we die), inheritance (fortune inherited from the death of our parents or others).

The 2nd house is the primary house of wealth and 7th is marriage. Just like the 4th house deals with education and the 11th higher education, the former remains strongest house in this regard.

Greybeard
10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
ok numerouno
Thanks.

Greybeard
10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
You didn't tell me why the 7th is a house of death. I'm still in the dark.

numerouno
10-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Depending on planetary placement the 7th house indicates spouse's nature and life span. Death here is dealing with spouse. The 7th house also deals with recovery of lost wealth , then the astrologer would check house 2 with regard to wealth and 8th house what type of obstruction is caused.

The 3rd house deals with longetivity of parents, thus the 8th remains the longetivity of the native in question while other houses deals with his close relationships.

numerouno
10-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Saturn is the planet of death, obstacles, sorrow, separation, longetivity and is the significator of scorpio the 8th house. This sign and saturn are virtually identical in their affects on a person.

numerouno
10-08-2011, 12:46 PM
You can download a free vedic software called "jagannatha Hora". Its eastern astrology software, click on the box "SP/KH" called special point and go to "sahama" and chose to look important areas like, health, fortune and death. Its a very comprehensive list. Seeing that your are far more knowledgeable you will quickly get the crux of the situation.

I'm not here to push eastern astrology as the superior system or west for that matter. I rely on both,I find the western describes me far more accurately. When I think about my life as how I have experienced the highs and lows I find the east better. One represents the right eye in the sky (sun) and the other left (moon), if you see with one , do you really see the whole picture.

I say this because I dnt want members thinking I'm challenging the western astrologers.

Greybeard
10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I have Jagannatha Hora....excellent program. Thanks.

The 7th House is a primary house of death in both western and Indian astrology. The reason it is a house of death is because its cusp, the Descendant, is the place where the light of the Sun, the Giver of Life, is extinguished each day.

The Seventh House is NOT the house of the death of the spouse; on the contrary it shows his/her "Life". The Second House is the house of the death of the spouse.

Saturn is NOT the lord of Scorpio; that throne is occupied by Mars [or according to many modern western astrologers, by Pluto either as sole or co-ruler.]

Planets and Houses are NOT virtually identical in their effects. Planets symbolize "dynamic energy" and houses represent "surrounding circumstances", two things which, although "associated" and similar, are not "virtually identical". A planet shows "what" will happen; a house shows "where".

Greybeard
10-08-2011, 04:42 PM
The assignment of things or people to houses, particularly when dealing with specific questions or situations, is variable. The assignment depends on the function of the thing or person in question.

An example might be a brother who is also your business partner. If the question regarding this person is primarily concerned with his role as brother, we find him in the 3rd House. However, if his principal function in the matter at hand concerns his role as your business partner, he would be referred to by the 7th House.

In one of your posts, numerouno, you mentioned two houses concerned with "education". May I clarify that?

The 5th House is the house of "primary education". This means the passing on of knowledge that is already the property or resource of the people at large. [The 4th House shows "heritage", and thus the 5th shows the "racial resources at hand"]. So we might say that "primary education" includes high school and the first levels of college, where common knowledge as foundational is passed on to the student. He is learning what is already known.

The 9th House symbolizes "higher education" and embraces studies that are "expansive" in nature. The student has mastered "what is known" and now seeks to expand on that knowledge by doing original work. The mind of the student is reaching out into "foreign and unknown lands", exploring and bringing back new ideas and knowledge. The 9th House tends toward abstraction and theory rather than "practical application".

Technology is found in the 3rd House -- the tools to deal with the everyday world, the immediate environment. It shows what is commonly at hand, as a tool or convenience, and is used "without thought" (in that we just assume its availability and its use is "automatic, or assumed").

numerouno
10-08-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm am well aware that mars is lord of aries and scorpio. The fact that mentioned that pluto is a co-ruler of scorpio is interesting since the lord of pluto is Yamaharaj the lord of death. His brother happens to shani the lord of the planet saturn, in hindu mythology.

When is said "significator" as taken in eastern astrology it means that the nature of scorpio and saturn are virtually identical. I agree the ruler is mars. Virtually identical= the similarities are great not identical.

numerouno
10-08-2011, 05:35 PM
The 5th house actually refers to wisdom and discrimination. Let's take two astrologers who both cast a horoscope perfectly , in the sense the math required is equal in both. Yet of the two astrologer one is found to better at prediction than the other. Both maybe equally strong in the 4th house but one is stronger than other in 5th house. Giving him better judgement through dicrimination and analysis.

I believe that houses 5 and 9 is dependent on 4 when we take education as a whole. The ground roots education of 4 must be good to open the higher education of 5,9 and 11. I know of many people with a malefic in the 4th house failed in the academic field. Its just common factor I've noticed.