PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Power

flashstorm
08-01-2007, 12:06 PM
You know many people spend many lifetimes searching for the knowledge of true spiritual power. They want to transcend the boundaries of the physical world and attain the treasures of the spiritual world. They want to break free of their karma and leave behind the worlds of form. They want to enter into the mysteries and attain freedom. There is nothing wrong with doing that, there is nothing wrong with desiring with all your heart to have spiritual power. Many have gone to extreme lengths to this end, in all manner of spiritual or magical paths to find the power they are searching for. There are in truth many abilities and powers attributed to real spiritual development. The world's religions either seal the door to spiritual power, and place a sign over it that says "none shall enter here". Or they ritualise the approach and say "This is the way". Yet no single religion on Earth comprehends the vast potential of the spiritual development of one single human being.

A common mistake is that some confuse the attainment of spiritual power with spiritual wisdom. That is they say they are after wisdom when really they are after power. It's an easy mistake to make since spiritual power is an inevitable side effect of gaining spiritual wisdom. Yet the spiritually mature have the advantage of seeing power in it's correct perspective. Freedom and enlightenment come at a price and that price is spiritual maturity or genuine spiritual wisdom. Yet spiritual wisdom has a way of posing serious questions to the individual, questions that the individual often is in no way prepared to answer or even entertain as a remote possibility to the ordering of their life. It is far more agreeable to those individuals to live life wrapped up in self-deceptions and illusions rather than face the penetrating challenges and cold truths that spiritual wisdom poses.

Needless to say the obstacles that are placed in the individual's path to attaining spiritual powers require a superhuman effort to overcome, in other words when religions like Christianity place signs over the door to spiritual power that say "do not enter here, for there are some monsters no man can fight" they do it for a reason. However their reason also underestimates the ability of adequately inspired human beings who have a spiritual destiny to attain. Spiritual wisdom on the other hand requires that the individual make a commitment to the highest light that is divine and cosmic in it's scope far beyond any average commitment an individual can make.

For example a talented person who has gone down the path of attaining true spiritual power will inevitably encounter highly negative beings("the so called monsters no man can fight") who have a mandate to test those who would achieve spiritual power. These negative beings will assess the individual and if the spiritual will and balance of the individual is in any way weak or undefined they will gain control over the individual either overtly or covertly. These negative beings act as emissaries of divine wisdom that pose the questions: have you mastered yourself completely? have you gained absolute control over the aspects of your shadow and the darkness within yourself? have you plumbed the secrets depths of your subconscious and brought to light all that is hidden from you? Have you fully embodied the lessons your higher self is teaching you throughout your incarnations? have you aligned your will to the purposes of the highest light? and lastly the most important question of all: Do you Love all things with everything that is the essence of your divine being?

And so we come to Love, for though spiritual wisdom poses some hard questions, the beginning and end of spiritual wisdom is Love. Those who seek only to attain spiritual power will eventually realise that they must attain spiritual wisdom, and those who attain wisdom will realise that spiritual wisdom is just a jewel in the crown of Love. Far better to start with Love. There are many who have spent many lifetimes locked in the same self-defeating patterns and emotional problems, and there are those who are restricted by highly intelligent negative beings or constrained by ancestral spirits or who have hidden complex spiritual and karmic problems that have no simple solution in this age of the world, for which exists no "alternative therapy". For these entering into the mysteries of the spiritual world would be dangerous.

Yet it is through Love that they can find fulfilment that goes beyond even the cosmic spiritual wisdom of this universe. It is through Love that all wounds are healed and all karmic difficulties no matter how extreme or impossible are overcome. The Love that is hidden in our spirits was there before this universe existed and when this universe ends it will be in a celebration that every spirit is found, reunited and joined together in that Love. Eternity is in every breath we take and it is love that embraces that eternity and sustains it. It is our task to come to the realization of that love in whatever way we can big or small, to shine with it and to realise that no matter what time or place or species or planet here or beyond the stars our spirit incarnates in, we are never separate from that love. For this is the true purpose of everything that exists in this universe: to celebrate the love that we are.

chadley
08-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Well said, flashstorm and welcome to SF. Now, please join us here on this forum as we all walk the path towards the true depth and understanding of what you say above. And more importantly, not just the acheivement of this wisdom, but the application and integration of its principle in our daily lives.

Chadley

dreamer
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey flashstorm,

brilliant post very inspired, I loved reading it, thankyou.

~Jay~
08-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh I enjoyed reading that flashstorm, thankyou! :smile:

And welcome to the forum from me, too.:wink:

Lapis
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
"These negative beings act as emissaries of divine wisdom that pose the question: have you mastered yourself completely?...."

Very wise words and insights flashstorm, and not many people understand or are ready to admit publically that so-called "negative beings" are indeed powerfully important spiritual Teachers for us. I enjoyed reading your post, and welcome to SF. :color:

flashstorm
08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
thanks for the welcome guys

Ascended Master
09-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks Flashstorm... enjoyed those words...

AM

jnanic
09-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Hello Everyone

As I write these words, I feel unbounded love to everyone and everything. The bliss is so wonderful it is beyond description. I am moved to tears from the oneness felt with "you" all as myself, at times I have to stop, as it just takes me over. It is all the one absolute Self. I feel each of you is not just a brother or sister to me, but the indivisible whole of the One I am. It's almost too much joy and ecstasy. I hug the universe as myself. Endless ecstasy and joy. On part of me feels I do not deserve it, but it's truly truly grateful. It feels like being both everything and nothing at the same time. Hugs and kisses to you all, now and always.

Peace and love
Jnanic

mattstar
09-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Very inspirational post and a warm welcome from one "newby" to another.

One of the best ive read in a while and has certainly given me food for thought about my current perspectives. :smile:

amy green
09-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Wonderful thread Flashstorm - beautifully put, clear and so right!!! Towards the end it reminded me of my hippy days ... "all you need is love". Yeah, we can get so caught up in our heads/thoughts, when we should soften and feel more. Welcome to this forum, glad to have you with us.

cweiters
09-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Welcome flashstorm thank you so much for this very empowering post. I pray you will feel as well as experience nothing but love and spiritual growth with us here at SF. We also have an section titled Introducing Ourselves feel free to post a little something about yourself there so we can get to know you better.

Your post reminded me of the Soul Singer James Brown the God father of Soul is what we call him. A man with only a third grade education was so spiritually rich and generous I feel his wealth will continue long after his death.

Wow……..what a gift he gave to black children all around the US during a time of ridicule, prejudice, and hatred. This one man gave the gift of Dignity and Pride by singing this song.

“Say it loud I’m Black and I’m Proud.”

The funny thing about it is; that is just what we did too, we have so much to learn about love. I personally am looking forward to the time the whole world can sing this song:

“Say it loud I love and I’m Proud.”

Love to all
cw