PDA

View Full Version : It has really clicked

Emmalevine
01-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Recently, literally in the last couple of weeks or less, something clicked.

I always knew that we have a choice over who we are and how we live and that we can change our thoughts to bring better times. This is knowledge I've had for some time. But recently I've taken that deeper. I actually FEEL that our personalities are literally 'personas' that we present to the world. It is a mere mask, or product of what we think we are or choose to be here. I feel a layer of detachment in that we are all, as Shakespeare said, 'players on a global stage.'

While I am still experiencing my life as it is, the joys and the difficulties, I know it's the story of me. I can remain slightly back from it, going with the flow, knowing the essence of who I am is far deeper than anything that happens on the surface.

And now I can see that in everyone else too. I can see their personas, but it isn't who they are. I can see the suffering - it is very raw right now - the madness of it all.

As I said, I've always known this but something happened recently. I can fully realise it.

Cal
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks for sharing this Starbuck. How things just click though the self realization process is wonderful. That intuitive 'knowing' is very profound indeed.

Many blessings,
Cal

Medium_Laura
01-08-2011, 01:28 PM
It is interesting isn't it? To know a true person's insides takes time. I like to think me and my future husband can see the true people we are, but when we are out with friends or in public, we both have "guards" up :)

moke64916
01-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Our thoughts, words, and actions create our reality.

Enlightener
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Nice. I had something similar just recently.

The madness that people are living. Deluded into believing that their thought-construct is who they are. You can see the internal suffering it causes.

Lazarus72
01-08-2011, 01:33 PM
This is a great post Starbuck, the phrase that stood out was 'layer of detachment', and I believe there can be a tremendous freedom in that. Sounds like a process of disindentification is underway.

Another couple of phrases that may apply are, 'undergoing a process of unlearning' or 'an emptying of the cup'.

Sounds like a good insight has been experienced, leading to a more peaceful state, an openmindedness if You like.

Keep it close, noticing is useful. Thanks for sharing. :smile:

Emmalevine
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks all. Well would you believe that straight after writing the original post I recieved the biggest 'test' ever (or so it feels).

My severely disabled son being sent home from a playscheme he goes to due to attacking other kids, playscheme can't get hold of my ex so rang me, I have chronic illness...my son might not be able to stay at playscheme...and my ex is going away on holiday from tomorrow evening for a week leaving our son with me.

Basically, a REALLY BAD scenario.

Being spiritually in tune is easy when life is good and easy, it's when things go badly wrong that the real test comes.

Aquarian
01-08-2011, 04:28 PM
I see people a bit like onions with the layers like:
Undivided soul Core star (individuated soul) Soul seat (ideal self in this life) Who we are on a good day Who we are on an average day (usually our self-image is based on this) Who we are on a bad day

And ouch but I think you'll be fine. :hug:

moke64916
01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Great insight. I agree Starbuck..

Emmalevine
01-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I see people a bit like onions with the layers like:
Undivided soul
Core star (individuated soul)
Soul seat (ideal self in this life)
Who we are on a good day
Who we are on an average day (usually our self-image is based on this)
Who we are on a bad day
And ouch but I think you'll be fine. :hug:

Great list, thanks. :smile:

Yes I can really see how my thoughts create the life I lead and my feelings about it.

Cal
01-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Starbuck:
Thanks all. Well would you believe that straight after writing the original post I recieved the biggest 'test' ever (or so it feels).

My severely disabled son being sent home from a playscheme he goes to due to attacking other kids, playscheme can't get hold of my ex so rang me, I have chronic illness...my son might not be able to stay at playscheme...and my ex is going away on holiday from tomorrow evening for a week leaving our son with me.

Basically, a REALLY BAD scenario.

Being spiritually in tune is easy when life is good and easy, it's when things go badly wrong that the real test comes.

I can relate to that. Last week was very callenging test for me with a pet dying, a co-worker attacking me on a professional and personal(ilty) level, and a work project blowing up - all while layoffs at work are happening, and a debt crisis with political standoff and so many other negative things constantantly on the news. The 'attack' by the co-worker hurt the most, especially because I've known and trusted that person for 15 years. In the end, I went into self review and a withdrawal for a short period and ultimately accepted everything that happened without blaming myself or anyone else. Once I accepted and took responsibility for everything including my thoughts, feelings and emotions things fell back into place and the negative energy was replaced with love, light and joy once again.

You are correct IMHO in that thoughts create the life we lead. The trick seems to be to remain anchored in heart based present moment awareness with our thoughts, actions and deeds.

Emmalevine
01-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Starbuck:

I can relate to that. Last week was very callenging test for me with a pet dying, a co-worker attacking me on a professional and personal(ilty) level, and a work project blowing up - all while layoffs at work are happening, and a debt crisis with political standoff and so many other negative things constantantly on the news. The 'attack' by the co-worker hurt the most, especially because I've known and trusted that person for 15 years. In the end, I went into self review and a withdrawal for a short period and ultimately accepted everything that happened without blaming myself or anyone else. Once I accepted and took responsibility for everything including my thoughts, feelings and emotions things fell back into place and the negative energy was replaced with love, light and joy once again.

You are correct IMHO in that thoughts create the life we lead. The trick seems to be to remain anchored in heart based present moment awareness with our thoughts, actions and deeds.

I'm so glad you were able to find a way through this and feel that love again. I think that once we know how to take responsibility for thoughts and reactions it becomes so much easier and more peaceful :smile:

Emmalevine
01-08-2011, 08:23 PM
This is a great post Starbuck, the phrase that stood out was 'layer of detachment', and I believe there can be a tremendous freedom in that. Sounds like a process of disindentification is underway.

Another couple of phrases that may apply are, 'undergoing a process of unlearning' or 'an emptying of the cup'.

Sounds like a good insight has been experienced, leading to a more peaceful state, an openmindedness if You like.

Keep it close, noticing is useful. Thanks for sharing. :smile:

I like this, thanks :smile: I definitely feel that a process of disidentification is occuring. What is amazing to me is the simplicity of it all. I mean, I knew life was really quite simple, but I never FELT it, I never really lived it from my heart. Now I'm beginning to do so.

moke64916
01-08-2011, 09:16 PM
That's great.:smile:
Being comes with simplicity. Complexity gets confusing.

Lazarus72
01-08-2011, 09:17 PM
I like this, thanks :smile: I definitely feel that a process of disidentification is occuring. What is amazing to me is the simplicity of it all. I mean, I knew life was really quite simple, but I never FELT it, I never really lived it from my heart. Now I'm beginning to do so.

That's cool Starbuck, glad You could relate, :hug3: ... also I was reading Your later post, and I was gonna say something else but didn't wanna come across as too preachy in one day, lol.

Basically it was a piece of advice that I came across and personally found helpful, and it was a phrase something along the lines of; 'to expect setbacks'.

Now just to make a distinction, this doesn't mean - fall into a negative frame of mind where you expect a setback to the extent that it happens,..... perhaps more the case that - if You expect that setbacks are likely during the process, You'll be less disheartened when they happen, if that makes any sense.

This kinda enables You to keep a degree of detachment even when the chips are down, or if You get caught up in stuff, You can use it as a marker to pull back into a more detached state. For me the phrase just 'pops up'.

I personally found the timing quite interesting btw, in so much as You encountered this experience so soon after the initial post. I've had similar experiences and personally don't really do coincidence. I'd perhaps be more inclined to view it as a kinda self-manifested synchronicity. Almost like a test of Your new found 'layer of detachment'. It's hard to elaborate on this coz I'm still sorting it all out in my own head, .... and also possibly coz it's just Me being bananas, hehehe.

Yeah, expect setbacks anyway, - that is to periodically enter in and out of identification as per the nature of cycles. :smile:

Emmalevine
01-08-2011, 10:01 PM
I found the timing of what happened straight after my initial post rather weird as well. It could well be synchronous as literally as soon as I finished typing it I noticed my mobile phone flashing (the playscheme calling).

I understand what you mean. I remember reading somewhere that it's helpful to expect life to NOT follow our plan, because life generally doesn't! It doesn;t mean being negative like you say, but knowing that life takes its own course and it won't do what we expect it to. I used to take this personally, fearing that certain thought patterns were causing such and such to happen, but now I can see it's the way life works. It's helpful to create that detachment, as you say, and go with the flow.

Aquarian
02-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Sometimes guides intervene in a more concrete way to help us with upcoming challenges.

Great list, thanks. :smile:
Was being 'attacked' again today and felt directed into meditating on it.

It turned out to be phenomenal. I asked God to help me protect myself. Something that looked simply like a 3m pumpkin-shaped distortion in my visual field descended on me.

It was possibly delusional as I couldn't achieve my usual trustworthy intuitive state but I intuited that we surround ourselves with #2-6 because we feel that we are not enough. This is because the 'we' who we think we are is a figment of our imaginations. My core star expanded through my aura and for the first time, probably in many thousands of lifetimes, I genuinely connected with the Father.

I was only vaguely aware of it at the time being rather distracted by deep understanding, sudden contentment & unfettered love.

Then, I forgot. :icon_eek:

And only remembered when I started writing this reply. :confused2:

Lazarus72
02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I think that's it, 'go with the flow', .... and if You can nurture that layer of detachment, You tend to just notice the patterns and gradually become less reactive, more peaceful.

This was well put from the OP I think;

While I am still experiencing my life as it is, the joys and the difficulties, I know it's the story of me. I can remain slightly back from it, going with the flow, knowing the essence of who I am is far deeper than anything that happens on the surface.