PDA

View Full Version : Mandrake or Mandragora

andrewwwbuchan
30-07-2011, 11:37 PM
is it true that mandrakes scream when uprooted?
i was thinking what if Mandrakes do scream but we cant hear it or normal humans cant
if the supernatural did exist i would be looking to cover it up as much as they can to hide it for the normal people

so what if only people with Magical Abilities or Magical Heritage can hear the scream?

What do you think?

Trieah
31-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Hum, I always thought that was just something J.K. Rowling made up. I don't ever recall coming across anything about mandrakes screaming before that. But then I'm not quite as proficient in herbology as I'd like to be.

andrewwwbuchan
31-07-2011, 07:18 PM
lol that actually made me laugh
no J.K Rowling didnt make it up

its been part of history for centuries haha

Trieah
01-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Heh, guess I'd have to look in older herbology/wicca books, cause I still don't recall seeing that in any of the books I have or have skimmed through. Oh well.

OnAPath
05-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Yes, it's true. It's actually caused by the root fibers rubbing together, like a cricket chirping it's wings.

Asrais
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Think I'm gonna have to grow some mandrake to see for myself!

Amethyst
07-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Hi Andrew

I’ve just discovered from a post in the Spiritual Development section that all plants, flowers and trees can screech with pain when cut and uprooted. It’s ok to pluck fruit though.

It makes me think of a dog whistle – the animals can hear that high pitch – but humans can’t – well some might – I can’t.

Post #190:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4764&page=19 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fshowthread.php%25253Ft%25253D47 64%252526amp%25253Bpage%25253D19)

Excerpt:

Trees are a part of the nervous system of the planet Earth, and they are each a part of a beautifully orchestrated set of sentient beings who operate as a unified entity across the expanse of billions of planets. They are an interwoven intelligence that synchronizes its consciousness with many different beings upon, within and of the planet Earth. Yet they speak with an independent voice of their own which human beings have not as yet understood.

The moment the tree senses impending danger its roots dig deep into the soil in defensive response and tenses up to defend itself like a giant limb. It excretes an atmospheric pheromone into the air alerting fauna and flora of your malevolence. This pheromone is reproduced by many different life forms through a variety of biological mechanisms until the whole surrounding area is alerted to your intent.

When the tree is cut, and when the flower is plucked, know that they are known to screech in pain in the same way as would any human being, for they do indeed feel pain. They do indeed feel an emotional state. They do indeed feel the loss of one of their own in sorrow. This is not romanticised fantasy, this is biological fact of sentient intelligence.

It is also fact that the sound of your voice carries the nature of your intent. The words you use and the things you say will be translated by the tree by means of harmonic tone frequency (HTF) receptivity. This means the sounds emanating from your voice will be translated into a coded signal and sent through receptive channels along the nervous system of the tree. Similarly, a tree will respond to physical touch through the electro-magnetic field you produce through your own nervous system. So too can it perceive the pheromonic chemical substance produced by every living being, including humans.

The spirit of a tree can never be harmed for this is the essence which never leaves the spirit world. To speak of what is lost when a tree is unearthed from the ground we are to speak of its life force. This life force, or life stream, is similar to the energy body of the human soul but its characteristics are much different.

When the tree is cut down the tree does not perish straight away. It will first thirst and dehydrate to death due to the amputation of its roots and imperative water source. After amputation the tree enters a biological state of comatose-induced decay, until it can no longer sustain itself apart from its severed nervous system and separation from mother Earth. The life stream of the tree is consequently nurtured by its guardians back to its root source in the spirit world to add to the experience of a particular origin of sentient beings. Beings who speak with one united voice, but are heard as many in perfect sync. In song do they speak, and always in harmony with the very core pulse of universal life. They will speak to you deep within places you never knew existed within you. They speak with profound wisdom and immeasurable tolerance.

- SPIRIT GUIDE SPARROW

I don’t want cut flowers in my home ever again!

Blessings, Amethyst x

LadyVirgoxoxo
09-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Hehe I knew that trees could speak! They've never spoke to me but I just knew that they had a language of their own, just the same with plants. Trees are amazing<3

Amethyst
10-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Trees are amazing<3

Aren’t they just?!

Blessings, Amethyst x

Boldylocks
19-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Amythest, I totally 100% agree with your post and resonate with it so much, I'm saving it to reflect on.. I've read something that confirms that too. Some plant researchers have discovered that all plants have a form of consciousness- and even feel fear, love, anger, happiness just as we do . They react to our thoughts as well. They hooked philodendrum plants with lie detector-like instruments and recorded thier reactions to various thoughts - it was very eye opening for them to discover how these plants reacted and convinced these researchers that there is a definite bond with humans and the plant Kingdom, more than we realize.

Even in testimonies of those who have died and gone to Heaven, everyone notices that the plants and trees there seem alive and even respond to every loving thought directed toward them-- they even sway to music! Time and time again , when I read a testimony of someone who had an After Death experience and came back, t hat is one of the things that the person can't get over about the plants seemng to have thier own consciousness.

Other things are how there are even more colors in the Heavenly Realms along with the existing color spectrum we have as well, and how vivid and velvety the grass is-- and how even out of your body, you can still feel the textures, as well as your eyesight is much more keen.

When I see trees I am always touching them and speaking to them from my mind,and I do feel a response many times-- I feel I am being listened to actually! They hear us and they are aware of us.

Nowadays, when I eat lettuce- I don't pull the lettuce up out of the ground-but I take the outer leaves to eat and leave the lettuce in the ground. Even garlic that I have planted I found that I dont' need to uproot it to enjoy the benefits of garlic. I wait for the garlic flower to go to seed then I cut alot of them off and dice those parts in my food instead of the whole clove!

For onions, I love chives because of the pretty purple flowers they get and the green stems are tasty in salads, etc.

You would love the book, "Talks with Trees" by Leslie Cabarga. I highly reccomend it. The author is clairivoyant and has been able to connect with plants and trees and would actually interview them and record what messages he would receive from them on paper or he would speak their messages using his own voice on tape recorder for his book.

hawkmoth65
27-08-2011, 04:49 PM
I seem to remember BBC's Merlin featuring some mandrake being dropped into a pot of boiling water and it screamed.Only Merlin and fellow 'sorcerers' could hear it.

andrewwwbuchan
11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
oh right?
i always think that there is something behind ideas of tv or wherelse would they get it