PDA

View Full Version : Is earth a type of Hell mentioned in many religions?

Caretaker
30-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Hell is full of beings who cause and receive suffering. Earth is filled with beings who cause and receive suffering. Hell is under the control of 'Satan'. Some religions acknowledge that Earth is run by 'Satan' and many spiritualists acknowledge the fact that Ego or suffering has a big influence and a type of control over the world.

Perhaps this is why we have reincarnated on Earth because we have done acts of suffering in previous existences. Perhaps we are, or most of us are, a type of 'Demon' written about in religious texts.

If this is one of the Hells in the universe then their are, with no doubt, worse hells out there. As this planet seems to be bridging the gap between a hell and heaven.

If some who live on this planet are 'Demonic' to an extent then sure their are those who are a mixture of Angel and Demon and those who are Angels.

If this is a hell perhaps most Heavens are much the same. Both being in a physical plane of existence. Which would suggest that these planets which could be called a Heaven are much more peaceful and the people on it have more freedoms.

This would also add a uncommon perception(but one that seems to be acknowledged by many in this day and age) to the idea of Angels. Being physical creatures who have transcend the doctrine of ego into a Light-Being.

If we follow this train of thought then this Hell we live on now is slowly shifting into a heaven. Which would seem to be supported by the vast amount of 'Angels' on this planet right now slowly reforming the old doctrine into the new, unbreakable, doctrine.

What are you thoughts on this? Do you believe the earth to be a hell or perhaps you see it as a Purgatory. I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.

-Ignite Your Soul

moke64916
31-07-2011, 01:53 PM
How can you believe in God and Satan at the same time? In the bible it says God is the "Alpha and Omega. Everything that Was, Everything that Is, and Everything That Ever Will Be." So if you believe in Satan, then the word 'God' is misconceptualized.

Miss Hepburn
31-07-2011, 02:06 PM
You'd enjoy Anthony Borgia's ''Life in the Unseen World'' - online in full.

Sorry I thought this didn't post I'll leave it...so here this might help - if you are interested.
http://new-birth.net/booklet/Anthony_Borgia_Facts.pdf (http://new-birth.net/booklet/Anthony_Borgia_Facts.pdf)
:smile:

norseman
31-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Only christians seem to revel in punishment, damnation, and suffering. You might want to think about that.

This planet can be your personal heaven or hell. It's your choice.

Miss Hepburn
31-07-2011, 02:12 PM
What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe the earth to be a hell or perhaps you see it as a Purgatory. I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.
l
It is neither.

And it is what you make of it.

My thoughts, pretty simple.
The Kingdom of Heaven is within.
I'm in it most of the time - what a life I have now!!! Shazam! :love9:

You might like the book, ''The Kingdom Principles'' by Dr. Myles Munroe
Also Anthony Borgia's, "Life in the World Unseen" - available in full online.
Sorry for the repeated post on this. Googling Anthony might be better.

:smile: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn
31-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Only christians seem to revel in punishment, damnation, and suffering. You might want to think about that.

No don't!!!
:tongue:

:D

Time
31-07-2011, 03:16 PM
If your talking a place where there is a choice between "salvation" and " eternal damnation", id have to say, not to many. It isnt even an original christian concept. Even the word "Hell" , is germanic, not even middle eastern ( like messiah is) or greek ( like christ is).

Some have sort of similar philosophies. Greeks had hades, but thats where EVERYONE goes. If im not mistakin there were many different levels of hades, but it was just the "underworld", not a place where the bad go to be tortured for all eternity.

Funny thing too, the old testament, mentioned nothing at all about such a place. Its funny becasue the old testament was written well before the first century AD, and the OT was the inspiration for christianity ( not really the OT, as much as the jewish texts, which a number make up the OT).

skygazer
31-07-2011, 03:55 PM
that's a good analogy, Caretaker...I can see how you would get there.

Inesophet
31-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Makes sense to me.

Earth fills up, more and more people come. And the good usually seldom (if never) wins in this world.

So all u said makes perfectly sense, but still its just a theory^^

(but a good one :p)

moke64916
31-07-2011, 04:20 PM
The book "Conversations with God" says that the devil was created by man because at the time, woman ruled and the men were the slaves and seen only good for impregnating a woman. Man used fear of evil to gain power. And that is how the whole devil/evil thing started.

Caretaker
31-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Personally I don't believe in a being known as the Devil. My personal beliefs is that energy takes many forms and if man accumulates mostly negative energy by his actions then negative energy dominates our world, both in individual and collective ways. To me this is the Devil. But to you it might be a Being it might be Ego or many other things, it's all just another piece of the same pie in the end.

And what's God? Is God a being with physical principles, is this God's perception of reality based on organ function like our human body is? Is it attached to emotions and quick to unjust action? Is it even conscious enough to really be aware enough to make decisions? Or perhaps it's merely a complex interconnected unity between matter and energy that exists within and through all things. Perhaps then it would communicate through energy based senses. But, does it really matter in the end? That is the true question.

Will it make any difference what I think today or you think today about life? Or will my actions make a difference tomorrow. If i treat you bad, will i not be treated bad? If i unjustly judge you without understanding my own flaws, will i not be judged by the same means?

The concept of Earth being a hell was merely a question, food for thought if you will. It would sure make some sense out of what Jesus talked about by the Earth becoming like Heaven, or in this perception, a Heaven.

Like I say food for thought

- Ignite Your Soul

Miss Hepburn
31-07-2011, 06:59 PM
The book "Conversations with God" says that the devil was created by man because at the time, woman ruled and the men were the slaves and seen only good for impregnating a woman. Man used fear of evil to gain power. And that is how the whole devil/evil thing started.
I knew it!
Always the man's fault!
Thank you for the confirmaton!
:D

Shabda
31-07-2011, 07:15 PM
but why remain within this duality at all?? the soul has no gender~! but i KNOW i'm not saying anything new here lol....the earth being a hell is merely a matter of one's perception, it can be a heaven or a hell, depending on what state of consciousness one is perceiving it from...

Caretaker
31-07-2011, 07:40 PM
If our attitude creates our own personal heaven or hell, which I might add depending on what happens and our reactions, we live our lives in both a heaven and a hell. It takes a great deal of effort not to be effected by the suffering which exists and comes to us.

But now if our attitude creates our own heaven or hell, then the societies overall attitude would decide if society lives in a heaven or a hell. In the majority of humanity people are very greedy and self seeking. Wanting to control situation and peoples, especially those close to us. A parent may demand that a child do this or do that, which can cause alot of negative and suffering. Which isn't including the things that cause suffering that they try to ward them against.

That's just a tiny example, a very minor suffering that we cause in this world. But the full reality of control in humanity is not a minor thing. It is a very large and destructive thing that has been going on for a very long time. It is the reason, by consequence, why the world is in as much chaos as it is now.

It's all well and good to be content in your life and to forgive it on the big picture. By this is not as easy as it sounds. To truly forgive we can't only forgive the person(ourselves or others) but also their actions. Which, in a society that's so Hell-bent (pun intended) on judgement and revenge it's very difficult for us to find any peace.

The main thing here is that for the most part, by man's actions we have made this human society into a Hell, and that's not necessarily saying that in universal perspective this planet could be considered a 'place of alot of suffering' which would be literal translation of Hell. Stranger things have happened.

mattie
31-07-2011, 08:09 PM
This is a very good question.

Ego is just our self/individuality. While some demonize ego this is a very dated view that many are moving out of, to realizing that our self in just as honored a member of our energies as any part of it. Demonizing any part of us (ego) will limit any meaningful spiritual growth as it is absolutely necessary to fully respect ALL parts of us to begin this growth process.

The below article discusses this changing paradigm about ego views.
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazin...nce.asp?page=1

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=219829#post219829

What one might call ‘suffering’ is self generated by the thoughts, emotions & actions we choose. It isn’t like this is a separate energy. That it is a separate energy influencing us is placing us in a passive position. We are only as passive as we choose to be.

There are many unproductive ideas from organized religion that have filtered into post-organized religious thought. This is to be expected. It is useful to realize where this occurs. That our self isn’t OK is one of these (inherently flawed sinners) as is our being passive & powerless. Hell is another one.

The lowest subplane of 4D is what the organized religions call hell. It is not the permanent place of torture, but a temporary holding plane for stalled troubled spirits who aren’t interested in continuing their journey. They have an abundance of help available to them & can move on whenever they want.

This planet isn’t inherently problematic (hell). It is what we make of it. 4D is accessed here & we access 4D every night when we sleep. This doesn’t mean that we are in hell when we sleep. 4D is a transitional D where we move from dealing w/ our worst fears to connecting w/ our HS.

Higher Self- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=254418#post254418

Categorizing this planet’s peoples into the highly polarized groups of demonic or angels is staying rooted in extremes that aren’t productive. It is completely unknown why one would consider that this planet & the Universe is satanic. Some views in the past have viewed the entire Universe as conspiring against God, but this is rather dated.

Angels are beyond individuality as we know it, but this has nothing to do w/ our individuality/ego/self being supposedly problematic. It isn’t angels that are changing us, it is US that are changing US as we make the choice to move past fear & limitations & work w/ our own energies. All concepts that have us as being passive such as angels doing it for us are heavily tied into organized religion’s view of our being powerless, being empty receptacles only able to hold a superior energy’s energies. A more current empowered view is that we are full partners w/ the Universe.

moke64916
31-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Attitudes are habits. Habits are formed by repetition.

Greybeard
31-07-2011, 08:39 PM
What if there is no Hell. Wouldn't that be a disappointment?

Miss Hepburn
31-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Mattie,
:wink:

Miss Hepburn
31-07-2011, 09:08 PM
That's why I'm hedging my bets and making a living hell now for certain people.

Shabda
31-07-2011, 09:29 PM
This is a very good question.

Ego is just our self/individuality. While some demonize ego this is a very dated view that many are moving out of, to realizing that our self in just as honored a member of our energies as any part of it. Demonizing any part of us (ego) will limit any meaningful spiritual growth as it is absolutely necessary to fully respect ALL parts of us to begin this growth process.

The below article discusses this changing paradigm about ego views.
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazin...nce.asp?page=1 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.enlightennext.org% 2Fmagazin...nce.asp%3Fpage%3D1)

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=219829#post219829 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D219829%23post219829)

What one might call ‘suffering’ is self generated by the thoughts, emotions & actions we choose. It isn’t like this is a separate energy. That it is a separate energy influencing us is placing us in a passive position. We are only as passive as we choose to be.

There are many unproductive ideas from organized religion that have filtered into post-organized religious thought. This is to be expected. It is useful to realize where this occurs. That our self isn’t OK is one of these (inherently flawed sinners) as is our being passive & powerless. Hell is another one.

The lowest subplane of 4D is what the organized religions call hell. It is not the permanent place of torture, but a temporary holding plane for stalled troubled spirits who aren’t interested in continuing their journey. They have an abundance of help available to them & can move on whenever they want.

This planet isn’t inherently problematic (hell). It is what we make of it. 4D is accessed here & we access 4D every night when we sleep. This doesn’t mean that we are in hell when we sleep. 4D is a transitional D where we move from dealing w/ our worst fears to connecting w/ our HS.

Higher Self- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=254418#post254418 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D254418%23post254418)

Categorizing this planet’s peoples into the highly polarized groups of demonic or angels is staying rooted in extremes that aren’t productive. It is completely unknown why one would consider that this planet & the Universe is satanic. Some views in the past have viewed the entire Universe as conspiring against God, but this is rather dated.

Angels are beyond individuality as we know it, but this has nothing to do w/ our individuality/ego/self being supposedly problematic. It isn’t angels that are changing us, it is US that are changing US as we make the choice to move past fear & limitations & work w/ our own energies. All concepts that have us as being passive such as angels doing it for us are heavily tied into organized religion’s view of our being powerless, being empty receptacles only able to hold a superior energy’s energies. A more current empowered view is that we are full partners w/ the Universe.
i disagree with that, as well as the notion that individuality is born of, or a product of the ego this simply isnt true...the soul is well beyond the ego, and yet it has and retains individuality, has it's own interests that differ from those of other souls, and because of this i consider the soul itself to be the ultimate individual...awareness creates individuality as awareness must exist before any choice can be made at all, and any unit of individual awareness is going to have different preferences for certain choices that will not be the same as all of the other preferences that exist, and the truth of the soul's point of view goes by far beyond the universe, a very small part of all that is...

ashti
31-07-2011, 10:41 PM
May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life.

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no, she's awake!"

Ashti x

Miss Hepburn
31-07-2011, 11:01 PM
May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life.

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no, she's awake!"

Ashti x
Thank you - actually he's not the only one that shudders...

mattie
31-07-2011, 11:39 PM
i disagree with that, as well as the notion that individuality is born of, or a product of the ego this simply isnt true...

You can believe whatever you want. It may be true or not for you.
I don’t equate ego, our self or individuality w/ egotism or being egotistical. Many others don’t as well. Ego, the ability to have an individual experience rather than a group one, is a neutral mechanism.

the soul is well beyond the ego, and yet it has and retains individuality, has it's own interests that differ from those of other souls, and because of this i consider the soul itself to be the ultimate individual...awareness creates individuality as awareness must exist before any choice can be made at all, and any unit of individual awareness is going to have different preferences for certain choices that will not be the same as all of the other preferences that exist, and the truth of the soul's point of view goes by far beyond the universe, a very small part of all that is...

Our soul is part of our individuality as it is this nonphysical force that is the real us. Our spirit/soul when at or higher than the HS level has a different function than the individuality that is our self. HS is the first level of our soul that isn’t affected by earthly travails. Our spirit is an individual presence up until 7D when all the aspects of which we are one reunite into the Oversoul or Soul Family.

mattie
31-07-2011, 11:49 PM
dup. ............

mattie
31-07-2011, 11:50 PM

I assume you mean this is because some seem to have worked soooooo hard to have 'earned' there stay there. No worry. The Universe is very organized about dealing w/ these matters. We don’t need to be concerned.

I'm not disappointed that I now have a different view of how the Universe is organized than organized religion’s view of our going to heaven/hell to be there for eternity when our physical body dies.

Nor is heaven not being as organized religion describes a disappointment either. I always thought as a kid that the prospect of being parked in the idyllic heaven for eternity after such a short stint here would get boring really quickly. Perhaps a nice respite for awhile, but eternity?????

When I heard years later about reincarnation, a concept that I wasn't exposed to as a young child I was VERY relieved.

Caretaker
01-08-2011, 02:27 AM
Regardless of what suffering is based on, it is impossible for someone to find true happiness and contentment as long as they continue to cause others or themselves suffering. I believe this is a very overlooked concept, one that keeps us doing what we do. As they say, God killed and if he caused alot of suffering so it's ok for us to do it too. Which is one of the biggest lies that ever was.

psychoslice
01-08-2011, 02:57 AM
The earth is heaven when seen through enlightened eyes, but through the illusionary eyes the earth can be seen as a hell.

Shabda
01-08-2011, 03:53 AM
You can believe whatever you want. It may be true or not for you.
I don’t equate ego, our self or individuality w/ egotism or being egotistical. Many others don’t as well. Ego, the ability to have an individual experience rather than a group one, is a neutral mechanism.

Our soul is part of our individuality as it is this nonphysical force that is the real us. Our spirit/soul when at or higher than the HS level has a different function than the individuality that is our self. HS is the first level of our soul that isn’t affected by earthly travails. Our spirit is an individual presence up until 7D when all the aspects of which we are one reunite into the Oversoul or Soul Family.
again i disagree, and none of what i say is a belief, it is my direct experience, no soul is part of any over soul, and soul doesnt have a family, those terms are describing realities quite a ways beneath the soul level, and so i am being clear, i am not saying that such a reality doesnt exist, ive seen my own "family" as well as every incarnation ive ever had here, as well as the place each of the others played in them, so i do agree about that,. what i disagree about is that that has any bearing whatsoever on the soul, as those situations occurs with the lower bodies, not the true state, all of that being relative to what exactly youre referring to as the soul, or not...ive heard a great many people refer to one of the lower bodies as being the soul, which they are not by far...im not certain that you are doing this, so this is why i explain what i mean to say in this way...when using words and thoughts to try and describe a thing that exists beyond them is quite hard to do, and it certainly isnt any easier for me to do than it is for anyone else...my comments about individuality vs. the ego where not necessarily directed to you as much as they were put there for any reading this thread, many of whom will have no experience with which to gauge what ive said, however, there will always be a few that do have an experience that will allow them to understand the concepts my words are trying to describe, so those statements were for such as those rather than being directed towards you or anything you said, i apologize if i wasnt specific enough on what i was disagreeing with.....what is this talk about 4d,5d, 7d, etc?? i dont really get that as the only real changes between one state and another, as well as one plane or another, is a change in states of consciousness, and beyond a certain point there simply are no "dimensions" and i use that term from assuming that by the terms you used you are comparing with 3d...

moke64916
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
The earth is heaven when seen through enlightened eyes, but through the illusionary eyes the earth can be seen as a hell.
Agreed. I think humans are in an evolutionary stage right now. All the war and destruction is subconscious ego collective consciousness. But how does one know who they are, unless they experience who they are not? I see enlightenment in the future. A shift in Consciousness.

Chalk1990
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
How can you believe in God and Satan at the same time? In the bible it says God is the "Alpha and Omega. Everything that Was, Everything that Is, and Everything That Ever Will Be." So if you believe in Satan, then the word 'God' is misconceptualized.

Nothing would exist without balance, good and evil, Yin, and Yang. God didn't make Satan evil, Satan made himself evil. How would we develop as greater souls, if we didn't have evil to learn from? We learn more from mistakes, than we do from achievements. Mistakes being evil in this example, and achievements being good.

My opinion is that if you believe in God, you should also accept the fact that there has to be evil aswell, maybe not a being made of evil, but just evil nature as a living energy.

As you become a more developed soul, you will accept the fact that no one deserves hell, not the worst criminals on our planet. When you feel the love, that I do right now for every single human, no matter how destructive they've been towards me or my brothers and sisters of this planet, you can forgive them, and that feels so amazing. So, no It wouldn't be a disappointment.

Miss Hepburn
04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Nothing would exist without balance, good and evil, Yin, and Yang. God didn't make Satan evil, Satan made himself evil. How would we develop as greater souls, if we didn't have evil to learn from? We learn more from mistakes, than we do from achievements. Mistakes being evil in this example, and achievements being good.

My opinion is that if you believe in God, you should also accept the fact that their has to be evil aswell, maybe not a being made of evil, but just evil nature as a living energy.
That is a good point to bring up duality.

It seems the scriptures point to that as one of the goals here is to be in the duality and rise above it - it certainly is effort - but, well worth it.

I sincerely believe it is easier for this generation because we are in the post Einstein era.
It is pretty darn simple to rise above this illusion when you already know a chair is not a chair, but rather a bunch of atoms a certain distance apart vibrating at a certain speed with so many protons and electrons - that nothing is what it appears to be to these enormously limited senses.

It's all in the percpective...

Same little ramble I've been making since '71. Ha!

vortex
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
its what ever you believe it to be
create your own meaning to life

Time
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Technicaly, REvalations was written about the fall of rome. So yes, in regards to christianity.