PDA

View Full Version : The Earth

nevermore7
29-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I've always wondered, if there is a spiritual realm, what is the point of the Earth? is it some sort of project, or testing ground, or just a challenge for us to go through?

Time
29-07-2011, 06:29 PM
It depends

some would say to learn
some would say to be punished
some would say to want
some would say to become god
some would say to choose
some would say there isnt any reason at all to exsist, it just does, but that doesnt mean we cant make our own reason since we have the choice to choose what we want to do.

andrew g
29-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I've always wondered, if there is a spiritual realm, what is the point of the Earth? is it some sort of project, or testing ground, or just a challenge for us to go through?

Perhaps the earth is part of the spiritual realm.....maybe its all a spiritual realm and this is just one part of it or aspect of it.

I dont know if you resonate with things like archangels, but I read once that the Earth was AA Michael's manifestation/creation.

Xan
30-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Good point, andrew. The Earth is just a more solid-appearing form of the spiritual reality.

nevermore... I've always seen this world as a schoolhouse, with each person on their own learning curriculum to develop our expressions of awareness, love and creativity.

Xan

theophilus
30-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I've always wondered, if there is a spiritual realm, what is the point of the Earth? is it some sort of project, or testing ground, or just a challenge for us to go through?You could also ask the opposite question. Since there is an Earth what is the point of the spiritual realm? Both are part of God's creation and the fact that both exist is evidence of God's versatility, the fact that his creative work isn't limited to one kind of existence. Since God is infinite it seems likely to me that there could be an infinite number of planes of existence and the Earth and what we call the spiritual realm are only two of them.

If you read the Bible you will find that God intended for the Earth, not the spiritual realm, to be the final home for humanity. Sin has brought death into the world and so people enter the spiritual realm when they die but this is only a temporary abode, not their final home. All of the dead will be resurrected and either sent into eternal punishment or given a new home on a renewed earth. You can read about this in the last two chapters of Revelation.

Xan
30-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh.... Revelations... I thought you meant Jesus' teaching and I was wondering....

Xan