PDA

View Full Version : Undoing is what it is...

moke64916
28-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Spirituality is an undoing rather than a doing. Undoing that is by staying fully present in the moment that you lose your sense of mind based self. Then the wonderful emotions emerge. Then from there on out as long as you stay present, all thoughts, words, and actions occur that of grace. The truths get deeper and deeper as so is our universe. Love like you have never felt before. Silence. Everyone can feel the bliss of being, but you cannot just wait for it to happen. It happens now. Have you ever noticed that when your mind is quite is when you feel the best. Thinking of past and future bring up unnecessary emotions. There is an excitement and joy not knowing what will happen one minute to the next. Grace takes care of you though. Wisdom emerges that you never knew you had.

moke64916
28-07-2011, 08:31 PM
"you lose yourself, you find yourself."

Xan
28-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Well said, moke...

Xan

Eudaimonist
29-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Have you ever noticed that when your mind is quite is when you feel the best.

Actually, no. I personally find that thoughts and feelings can feel pretty amazing as well.

When I achieve Flow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)), my mind is active, not exactly quiet, but I get some of the same energy that I get when my mind is quiet.

Thinking of past and future bring up unnecessary emotions.

What is an unnecessary emotion? Are positive thoughts and feelings unnecessary?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Topology
29-07-2011, 06:27 AM
What is an unnecessary emotion? Are positive thoughts and feelings unnecessary?

For that matter, are negative thoughts and feelings unnecessary? The emotions give us information. A negative emotion is an indicator of something. We can use our negative thoughts and emotions as signposts for where to dig deeper to find the root of our discord. So having negative thoughts and emotions is not bad, but quite good if we're set on the path of getting to the bottom of things.

I found that the past stopped coming back as memory when I learned the lesson that the memory was trying to teach me. Having thoughts about the past or future is not good or bad, but we can use those thoughts to dig a little deeper below the surface.

Thinking is not a bad thing. What is bad is trying to ignore, cover up, or run away from any negative or painful thoughts we might have. What is good is sitting with the thought and asking "why are you here? What is bringing you to me?"

3dnow
29-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Spirituality is an undoing rather than a doing. Undoing that is by staying fully present in the moment that you lose your sense of mind based self. Then the wonderful emotions emerge. Then from there on out as long as you stay present, all thoughts, words, and actions occur that of grace. The truths get deeper and deeper as so is our universe. Love like you have never felt before. Silence. Everyone can feel the bliss of being, but you cannot just wait for it to happen. It happens now. Have you ever noticed that when your mind is quite is when you feel the best. Thinking of past and future bring up unnecessary emotions. There is an excitement and joy not knowing what will happen one minute to the next. Grace takes care of you though. Wisdom emerges that you never knew you had.

I prefer the following (which worked for me at last!!! I saw the illusion):

If not real (thought / emotion) it has no value. Only real has importance.
Then I realize that I mostly have no idea I am talking about (I mean in my mind) and don't give importance.

3dnow

3dnow
29-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Thinking is not a bad thing. What is bad is trying to ignore, cover up, or run away from any negative or painful thoughts we might have. What is good is sitting with the thought and asking "why are you here? What is bringing you to me?"
Or ask yourself: What is this thought/emotion? You realize that you have no idea in fact. You can only make a guess. Given the complexity of life and mind trying to guess is non-sense.

As you say thoughts are not harmful (they are just non-sense, mostly). What is harmful is believing in non-sense.

3dnow

Topology
29-07-2011, 10:18 AM
As you say thoughts are not harmful (they are just non-sense, mostly). What is harmful is believing in non-sense.

3dnow

What's that you're saying? It seems like you're trying to express a thought, but all I hear is non-sense... :D

3dnow
29-07-2011, 10:21 AM
What's that you're saying? It seems like you're trying to express a thought, but all I hear is non-sense... :D
No. They are not all non-sense (fortunately) ;-)

3dnow

sound
29-07-2011, 10:30 AM
I prefer the following (which worked for me at last!!! I saw the illusion):
If not real (thought / emotion) it has no value.
How does one define a real thought/emotion from an un-real thought/emotion 3dnow?

3dnow
29-07-2011, 10:48 AM
How does one define a real thought/emotion from an un-real thought/emotion 3dnow?

Hi sound,

I am surprised by the question.

I can do it easily. I ask myself this looks real? No. Next one. etc..
I don't need a deep psychological analysis I can see if it is real very quickly.

Examples,

Feel angry. Am I really angry? No.

I am laughing. Is it really funny? Bah No.

I understood I know! Really? No idea in fact.

etc.

I sometimes see the connection between my behavior with previous life experiences, sometimes not. But I don't care I know that its not me. They are just learned and adopted behavior/thought patterns.

Today I also realized that "impatience" plays an important role. I am so impatient that I adopt fake behavior. Result is worse.

3dnow

sound
29-07-2011, 10:54 AM
... so are you saying that sometimes your 'expression/interpretation' of what you are thinking/feeling is not always aligned with what is going on inside for you? Like not reading your feelings and emotions accurately in the first instance? Because the emotion and/or thought arises and it is real and it is felt first and foremost yes?

Hi sound,

I am surprised by the question.

I can do it easily. I ask myself this looks real? No. Next one. etc..
I don't need a deep psychological analysis I can see if it is real very quickly.

Examples,

Feel angry. Am I really angry? No.

I am laughing. Is it really funny? Bah No.

I understood I know! Really? No idea in fact.

etc.

I sometimes see the connection between my behavior with previous life experiences, sometimes not. But I don't care I know that its not me. They are just learned and adopted behavior/thought patterns.

Today I also realized that "impatience" plays an important role. I am so impatient that I adopt fake behavior. Result is worse.

3dnow

3dnow
29-07-2011, 11:03 AM
... so are you saying that sometimes your 'expression/interpretation' of what you are thinking/feeling is not always aligned with what is going on inside for you? Like not reading your feelings and emotions accurately in the first instance? Because the emotion and/or thought arises and it is real and it is felt first and foremost yes?

Yes but in my case I start to see what is real, when I stop non-sense.

(looks obvious now)

3dnow

moke64916
29-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Unnecessary emotions as in getting stressed out or feeling a negative emotion based on past and future. Is it necessary to get bothersome over the future which not has occurred yet? Yes I agree tolopothy that negative emotions can be used to propel us further, or to grow based on a negative experience. But there comes a time where enough is enough. Staying present you won't feel any negative emotions and if something happened bothersome in the present, then it won't bother you. You frequency goes up. No negativity can effect you.

BlueSky
29-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Assuming there is such an act of "staying present"..I will throw out there that the act of "staying" present would stand to reason to actually keep one from being present.
I will also throw out there that there is no present moment.......its gone way before you have a chance to stay present in it.
Being present happens or at least seems to. I'm not sure we can ever truly discard all our memories and beliefs beyond believing we have. So I'm hesitant to believe we can even "be" present. I'll never see that tree the way my grandson did when he was a little younger.
I guess we will never really know...........but I do know that I have no desire to.
That is as real as it gets. That is as present as it gets.
I have no desire to feel positive or go deeper either. I have no desire not to as well.
This probably doesn't make sense, but it does to me.
James

Xan
29-07-2011, 05:44 PM
3d: Only real has importance.

I would agree, 3d, but it's useful to look exactly what "real" means for you.

Xan

3dnow
29-07-2011, 06:25 PM
3d: Only real has importance.

I would agree, 3d, but it's useful to look exactly what "real" means for you.

Xan
Hi Xan,

I am using the following algorithm: If I know why I am having a given thought/emotion, it is OK. Otherwise (if I don't know) I don't believe it and I don't try to understand and move on.

Knowing the higher self also helps (reality)

3dnow

Xan
29-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes, your algorithm works for you.

But I'm asking, what does "real" mean to you? ... in a more general way.

Xan

3dnow
29-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes, your algorithm works for you.

But I'm asking, what does "real" mean to you? ... in a more general way.

Xan
Real is real me (higher self).

In fact it is obvious if I don't know what I am talking about (like judging someone but in fact I can't know for sure) or feel HS wouldn't to it I don't believe it is me.

3dnow

Xan
29-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Yes.. what's Really Real is our true self because it is eternal and unchanging in its purity.

Xan