PDA

View Full Version : How do you know God is real?

cweiters
05-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Let's assume you're not sure WHAT you believe about God. In fact, you may not be convinced there even IS a God.

I believe there is a God because our relationship has proven this fact to be true over the course of 47 years.

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Once I asked God

TzuJanLi
05-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Greetings..

First, we need to define "God".. "God" is a word.. a word that carries way too much religious and social baggage.. to ask the question, you must define "God" in the context of the question posed.. the Biblical "God", that cosmic puppeteer that creates, manipulates and, ultimately, adjudicates its subjects? or, the notion of a supreme cosmic consciousness? or... ?

Be well...

chadley
05-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Hello CW!

This question, though one of the most common, is always worth asking because so many ask it not only to others but to themselves. The great news is that all who ask that question will one day get a definitive answer. But, this answer will not be realized by "proof" or "logic" to the human mind. Truth in spirit is a tangible quality and aspect within the essence of god. The allowance of this divine essence to flow through your being on all levels brings with it the experience of truth. This is accomplished by the recognition of the value in spiritual principles with your heart and the application of them in your daily life. When you are truly connected to the essence of god within yourself, you will never ask this question again. There will not be a need because you will not require belief, you will KNOW.

CW, you ask,

------“how can I know you are real?” Due to the fact that I am unable to see or touch you how will I know?

CW, God can be seen and touched. Belief has served you well to this point, now seek to discover!

Chadley

dreamer
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey cw, are you real? If so who/what are you really?

Wishing you every happiness in the new year, lots of love, Martin.

cweiters
05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
TzuJanLi lets just say God is defined by all religions enclusive of All beliefs. How can you explain the realness of God?

Love to all
cw

Greetings..

First, we need to define "God".. "God" is a word.. a word that carries way too much religious and social baggage.. to ask the question, you must define "God" in the context of the question posed.. the Biblical "God", that cosmic puppeteer that creates, manipulates and, ultimately, adjudicates its subjects? or, the notion of a supreme cosmic consciousness? or... ?

Be well...

cweiters
05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I was thought no man has ever seen God. chadley please explain how one can move beyond this primative beliefs.

Love to all
cw

Hello CW!

This question, though one of the most common, is always worth asking because so many ask it not only to others but to themselves. The great news is that all who ask that question will one day get a definitive answer. But, this answer will not be realized by "proof" or "logic" to the human mind. Truth in spirit is a tangible quality and aspect within the essence of god. The allowance of this divine essence to flow through your being on all levels brings with it the experience of truth. This is accomplished by the recognition of the value in spiritual principles with your heart and the application of them in your daily life. When you are truly connected to the essence of god within yourself, you will never ask this question again. There will not be a need because you will not require belief, you will KNOW.

CW, you ask,

------“how can I know you are real?” Due to the fact that I am unable to see or touch you how will I know?

CW, God can be seen and touched. Belief has served you well to this point, now seek to discover!

Chadley

chadley
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
CW, you still seem strongly influenced by religious views which describe god as this separate being which can never be seen or truly understood. God is not separate. You are an individual aspect of god, not a lesser being than. God is the sum total of all the divine sparks that lie within all the beings of the universe including yourself. When Christ said, "I am the son of god" he meant that he is the son of god because we all are. "The kindom of Heaven lies within". Christ's true message, along with many other spiritual giants, was that to find heaven, all we need to do is uncover the divinity within ourselves.

Right now, being fully aware of your physical being, you are aware of the fact that you cannot touch god with your physical hands, you cannot see god with your physical eyes. However, you are not just a physical being, CW. In fact, there are countless layers of existance that your being is in all the time regardless of whether or not you are aware of them. Your aura, your astral body, your etheric body, your celestial body, your cosmic body all the way up to soul itself. These are real things, real aspects to your being that you can experience right here in the now. When you raise your consciousness to the level of the astral field, you will be able to touch all that is in the astral plane with your astral body. This is true for all planes and is the reason for the evolution of consciousness, so that we may feel and experience the highest planes of existance, not just believe in them.

Does that help CW?

Chadley

dreamer
05-01-2007, 05:36 PM
You are it!!

cweiters
05-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Thank you chadly and you are so right even though my experience has lead me here with all of you. My religious background is stll difficult to release at times.
I endeavor to decover the highest plan imo we all are there already.

Love to all
cw

CW, you still seem strongly influenced by religious views which describe god as this separate being which can never be seen or truly understood. God is not separate. You are an individual aspect of god, not a lesser being than. God is the sum total of all the divine sparks that lie within all the beings of the universe including yourself. When Christ said, "I am the son of god" he meant that he is the son of god because we all are. "The kindom of Heaven lies within". Christ's true message, along with many other spiritual giants, was that to find heaven, all we need to do is uncover the divinity within ourselves.

Right now, being fully aware of your physical being, you are aware of the fact that you cannot touch god with your physical hands, you cannot see god with your physical eyes. However, you are not just a physical being, CW. In fact, there are countless layers of existance that your being is in all the time regardless of whether or not you are aware of them. Your aura, your astral body, your etheric body, your celestial body, your cosmic body all the way up to soul itself. These are real things, real aspects to your being that you can experience right here in the now. When you raise your consciousness to the level of the astral field, you will be able to touch all that is in the astral plane with your astral body. This is true for all planes and is the reason for the evolution of consciousness, so that we may feel and experience the highest planes of existance, not just believe in them.

Does that help CW?

Chadley

imageimaginer
05-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Why do people always assume that God is some other entity out there when he/she/it is not? God is the universe. When you touch a tree, an animal or even yourself you are actually touching god. God is everywhere and is everything.

chadley
05-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Image, people believe that because that is what is generally taught. So begins the journey of the undoing of what is not.

ck10n3
08-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I totally agree. I like this quote:

"God, to me, it seems, is a verb, not a noun, proper or improper."

dreamer
08-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey cw, it occurs to me that a more fruitful question might be - how do i know that i am God?

Okay dreamer I like that question because religion has taught some of us to think that God is up in the clouds. In other words we are sperate from God.

Thank you dreamer I really need to hear how others feel about being God themselves.

Love to all
cw

Blip
08-01-2007, 07:11 PM
[quote=chadley]Hello CW!

CW, you ask,

------

chadley
08-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Yes, Blip, exactly. Ego wants to lable and analyze, Spirit is to be experienced.

dreamer
08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Okay dreamer I like that question because religion has taught some of us to think that God is up in the clouds. In other words we are sperate from God.

Thank you dreamer I really need to hear how others feel about being God themselves.

Love to all
cw

Maybe think in terms of you are everything and everything is you. How well do you regard yourself when you are everything? The answer lies in how well you regard everything, do you look at some things with jugdement - you know how that feels and you don't like it, the thing you look at with judgement is you it knows it is being judged because it is your construct and it doesn't like it to the same degree that you don't like it because it is you- you are one, you are the one, can you now look at that same thing with the understanding and compassion that you would want yourself, as it is only by loving everything that you will have learned to love yourself - everything is yourself.

The ego is that which stops you accepting this truth, it grows into the EGO which allows for total humility, the EGO knows and has no fear, having no fear allows it to experience total love and acceptance of what it is.

Hope this helps.

cweiters
08-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Dreamer I don't see myself as God. I have recently come to believe and accept the fact that I am a co-creator. To acknowledge myself as God is much to arrogant for me at this time. I would love to know if others feel they are God and why?

Love to all
cw

TzuJanLi
08-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Greetings..

I can logically, through scientific deduction, understand that i am a "part" of a greater "whole".. that, as a "part", i am also inherent to the "whole" itself.. I do not, however, assume that i (in the local "part" rendition) am possessed with the attributes, capabilities, and knowledge of the whole.. I do recognize that those attributes, capabilities and wisdoms are available to me, though..

I sense that we are "God" expressing itself, learning and evolving through "us"..

Be well..

imageimaginer
08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Excellent TzuJanli. We are parts of god, that much is true.

Cwieters, never think you are separate from god or think you would be to arrogant to acknowledge that you are a god. Know that this arrogance is only temporary. The God within all of us allows us to experience every feeling, even arrogance. God also makes it possible for us to change a feeling or pre-concieved idea that we might have about something. Especially those that do not serve us anymore. If you do seek to change this and succeed then you will recognise God within you.

daisy
09-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Why do people always assume that God is some other entity out there when he/she/it is not? God is the universe. When you touch a tree, an animal or even yourself you are actually touching god. God is everywhere and is everything.

ahh we are all different:wink: and have differing beliefs.

BLAIR2BE
09-01-2007, 02:54 AM
it seems to me, man created this entity of god as a way to discover what god is, exactly; a way to relate to the huge... idea of god. let me re-word. "making" god an entity as a... starting point. how would one explain to children (for example), in a way that they could understand, the true nature of god? an easy way, would be to give god an identity. one could work from that initial perspective and append and inhance as time goes on (as that child begins to grow and learn and develop). so, perhaps religion "stuck" because it was an "easy" way to comprahend creation and "afterlife".
now, how do i know god is real? i dont think there is an answer i could put into words; i... just do!

flashstorm
09-01-2007, 03:24 AM
The worlds religions portray God in ways that reflect the collective unconscious representation of a Supreme creator being, that has symbolic significance to the human evolutionary perspective. When it comes to spiritual perception, the divine is perceived in a unique way for each individual. That is everyone's experience of God is different, so I can only speak for myself. There were times when I questioned whether there was a God, yet on my path I developed an appreciation for the divine, that there is a divine inspiration in everything that exists and this implied a creative source of ecstatic wonder and beauty. Both the external cosmos and the vast internal worlds of spirit have signposts that point to a creator that sustains all things. As such this divine source can be perceived as internal or external depending on your point of view.

TzuJanLi
09-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Greetings..

When i think of a "Creator" i consider someone/something as constructing something.. more likely, by my estimation, the Creator made the conditions that permit Life to "grow".. something "grows" from within, expresses its "ISness" by radiating outward into the Cosmos.. i don't think we were made or constructed from parts laying around.. i think the Source set the conditions for Life to grow into its own rendition of the Source..

Yes, i do sense "intelligent design".. but, the design is simple and self-perpetuating.. a subtle Divine nudge that set all of creation in motion, the continuous process of "Now"..

Be well..

dreamer
09-01-2007, 02:56 PM
maybe the basic energy from which all is created forgot what it was capable of and set off on a journey to once again become stable enough to express as basic energy, de-void of form, definition, emotion or anything for that matter. So stable within itself it can exist as a sinle one.

TzuJanLi
09-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Greetings..

Nice, Dreamer... "So stable within itself it can exist as a sinle one.".. a good description of the Universe before the "Big-Bang".. then, perhaps in the boredom of languishing in its "Oneness" it exploded itself into the current universe.. each miniscule expression of itself maintaining a beautiful memory of those first few blissful and ecstatic eons of Oneness, prior to the boredom.. what we call "spirituality" might be the "memory" which inspires us to journey back toward The One.. Religions being just cultural interpretations of that beautiful memory..

Be well..

dreamer
09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey Tzu,

Makes sense to me. How are your meditating experiences coming, any more moments of clarity? I started taking some monoatomic white powder gold today - wow, strong stuff by the feel of it. Delta waves posted a great website about it the other day, you might find it interesting?