PDA

View Full Version : Over coming self doubt

mattstar
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Hoping some of you may be able to help me with my spiritual development.
In november last year i had my spiritual awakening after first sitting with a wonderful spiritual medium, and after listening to the tape time over again and chatting with friends i was blown away by the content, accuracy and personal nature of what i was told.

The subsequent events left me in no doubt that i needed to explore myself more and since then i have been reading as much as i can about meditation, channeling, life after death etc etc.

I admit that previous to this i was a huge skeptic with a background in science education, but that is changing.

Now i have very little doubt that we carry on in the higher realms after death, and my current challenge is trying to contact/communicate with my spirit guides.

During my meditations i often see random pictures, from which i recognise the picture and then i identify the picture with something that has meaning to me for the most part.

I have started to attend a development circle which my medium runs and she says she thinks that i will eventually develop a strong clairvoyance skill, which i feel is what i find easiest through meditations - i am very rarely given words when i meditate.

My issue though is with myself - i keep wondering what if what im trying to achieve isnt possible, and worry about the dissapointment i would feel if i never realise my goals of communication with my spirit guide etc?

I have performed a rune reading on myself regarding this which tells me that through dedication and perseverance i will reach my goals, but then again the old science brain of mine buts and says but these are a bunch of stones you have here that COULD purely be down to random drawing etc.

Is this part of the process that most of us have to go through on our path to spiritual enlightenment?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as always.

dreamer
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
I admit that previous to this i was a huge skeptic with a background in science education, but that is changing.

Hey Mattstar, it is best to be a sceptic, it is only with personal proof that you will grow in belief of what you really are and what is possible.

My issue though is with myself - i keep wondering what if what im trying to achieve isnt possible, and worry about the dissapointment i would feel if i never realise my goals of communication with my spirit guide etc?

Anything is possible, if you persist earnestly in seeking the truth you will not be disapointed. It is best to seek the whole truth than an aspect of imo.

I have performed a rune reading on myself regarding this which tells me that through dedication and perseverance i will reach my goals, but then again the old science brain of mine buts and says but these are a bunch of stones you have here that COULD purely be down to random drawing etc.

Love your science brain, enlightenment is a scientific process of testing and accumulating what resonates or disgarding what doesn't.

Is this part of the process that most of us have to go through on our path to spiritual enlightenment?

This IS the path to spiritual enlightenment.

In answer to your first question about doubting yourself - doubt comes from a misunderstanding of what yourself truly is. Think big, don't stop until you know you have arrived and go for it, best of luck.