PDA

View Full Version : Just Coasting?

Ticktock
25-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi All,

Well I am an old soul, I have always known but not until I read the following did I consider others may have the same sort of outlook on life as myself (well I don’t think I cared but getting more morose lately).

michaelteachings website old_soul blurb
won't let me link as I am newbie :)

I’m very tired of life, I don’t look forward to anything; I did try and kill myself once but I got a strong sense of feeling that I am not allowed so I have s******* that idea.

I have a very easy life now, I am married with a stable job and want for nothing except death when God wills it. I even have a counter that I reduce one day at a time, 15936 to go based on an online formula.

So what am I asking, well when I die, I want to die for good; I want this to be my last life, I want to fine tune my soul.

Since a child, I have evaluated myself and the only defects I really got were lazy and selfish, now I don’t really consider them defects, just part of my personality; I don’t want to change.

I go to a catholic church with my Mrs and I pray for mercy in death directly to God every week, I try and then do no wrong and help people whenever I can, I play freerice.com every lunch time at work, I am volunteering to the Samaritans in the UK, I don’t want to help people, I just feel I should.

Any ideas what I can do & should do to help my soul, or just pass the time?

The only answer I currently have is: Be nice & stroll through life

Many thanks

Ticktock

not human
25-07-2011, 11:46 AM
TickTock...you da man......this is just so morbidly uplifting .....I hope you get your wish mate...all the best

Ticktock
25-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Thank you Not Human,

Appreciate it ;)

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I'd like to believe that if there is such a thing as old souls, that what you describe would not be characteristic of one.
Do you believe your outlook on life is because you are an old soul and that this outlook is the destiny of young souls?
I get the impression you do. I'm just asking and trying to understand where you are coming from.
Blessings, James

Ticktock
25-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't have faith in God, I personally feel God exists and I could not share or explain that.

Anything else I beleive I except may be wrong in ignorance.

I see souls as vessels to be filled with experience, good and bad, a balancing act carried out through lives, many or vast possibly through simple creatures up to and perhaps beyond humanity.

I think my outlook of life is because I tire of material existance, I beleive no money or love in the world could make me truly happy.

I think we are all different, I would be surprised if we all developed in the same way but I find it reasonable to assume following my philosphy of soul progression that the majority of souls will find there last lives a bit of a drag.

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't have faith in God, I personally feel God exists and I could not share or explain that.

Anything else I beleive I except may be wrong in ignorance.

I see souls as vessels to be filled with experience, good and bad, a balancing act carried out through lives, many or vast possibly through simple creatures up to and perhaps beyond humanity.

I think my outlook of life is because I tire of material existance, I beleive no money or love in the world could make me truly happy.

I think we are all different, I would be surprised if we all developed in the same way but I find it reasonable to assume following my philosphy of soul progression that the majority of souls will find there last lives a bit of a drag.

Ok, so let’s throw out all your beliefs for a moment.
Old soul, God, vessels to be filled with experience beyond humanity, love and happiness, soul progression………….all gone and discounted as mere ideas.

What we are left with is a clean slate and the simple truth that you tire of being alive. You don’t tire of material existence because you don’t know of any other existence. You simply tire of this life.
From here now you can try and find out why. My guess is that you already know and that you decided to take the easy way out by not facing life head on.... by imagining there is something better....... and that you can become ready for this something better as a your life work.
I may be wrong.
If I am not, then I suggest facing the real issues and leave the next life and God for later.
Kind of like what Jesus said…..Don’t come to the temple with gifts while you are arguing at home with your brother. First go home and reconcile with your brother and then come and bring your gifts. (something like that…)
I’m just trying to help with an honest response from what I sense from your words. …I say again…I could be wrong.

So tell me, beliefs aside, why do you tire of this life?

Blessings, James

Ticktock
25-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Thank you James for your consideration.

Leaving my philosphy behind,

I have a nice quiet life, I don't have any issues or problems, I don't have heartache, I don't worry for the world or my loved ones, even when there is a crisis I do keep calm and carry on.
I am becoming increasingly indifferent.

That feels very empty to me........

Its not enough... but with my beliefs, I think I can make progress on my eternal soul, so I was posting to see if anyone can give me some ideas to extend that into my daily or lifetime activities.

Tom

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Thank you James for your consideration.

Leaving my philosphy behind,

I have a nice quiet life, I don't have any issues or problems, I don't have heartache, I don't worry for the world or my loved ones, even when there is a crisis I do keep calm and carry on.
I am becoming increasingly indifferent.

That feels very empty to me........

Its not enough... but with my beliefs, I think I can make progress on my eternal soul, so I was posting to see if anyone can give me some ideas to extend that into my daily or lifetime activities.

Tom

Tom,
You said in your first post that you pray to god for mercy, to end your life.
That is a little more than feeling empty or bored with life.
Have you considered that you may suffer from depression or something else or are standing firm in your beliefs that this emptiness which brings you to want to die is just God trying to get you to progress as a soul?

Feeling empty is not enough.............and I have found that it normally works itself out as life opens up new horizons for you. It happens but if we pursist in pursuing our imaginations and beliefs as a way to deal with it , we will never see the new horizons coming.
James

Ticktock
25-07-2011, 02:03 PM
James,

I said mercy in death, not kill me God please. I meant when you kill me God don't send me back here please.

I don't feel empty but I would without my beliefs.

Yes I am depressed, I do not feel fulfilled by the world, so I am doing my best to make the people around me happy and giving my time to charity, trying to find purpose in this life that I will have.

I'm not complaining or whining (i hope), I don't think my views can be changed.

Its a spiritual development forum, I'm trying to discover new avenues for development.

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 02:11 PM
James,

I said mercy in death, not kill me God please. I meant when you kill me God don't send me back here please.

I don't feel empty but I would without my beliefs.

Yes I am depressed, I do not feel fulfilled by the world, so I am doing my best to make the people around me happy and giving my time to charity, trying to find purpose in this life that I will have.

I'm not complaining or whining (i hope), I don't think my views can be changed.

Its a spiritual development forum, I'm trying to discover new avenues for development.

Tom, you said that you want nothing except death. Then you said when god wills it, which doesn't change what you said.
I was offering a new avenue or at least showing you another approach.
Maybe I just am not understanding you.........it happens.
I wish you all the best and I am sure you will find exactly what you are looking to find here.
Blessings and love , James

moke64916
25-07-2011, 02:22 PM
My neighbor and I are old souls. My neighbor was in a special ops war when he was 17 and became handicapped at 18. He grew up fast. I had to grow up very fast as well. Life experiences that most people don't get or if they do they are in their 40's. Old souls are wise, and carry a wealth of wisdom. I'd say for you start your spiritual journey. Read the book, "The Power of Now.". It will help you. Also the books "Conversations with God" is expand your consciousness and lead you to your own personal truths. Those books will help you out a lot. I'd start with "Conversations with God".

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Why would an "old soul" need to grow up at all? Fast or so.....

gentledove
25-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi All,

Well I am an old soul, I have always known but not until I read the following did I consider others may have the same sort of outlook on life as myself (well I don’t think I cared but getting more morose lately).

michaelteachings website old_soul blurb
won't let me link as I am newbie :)

I’m very tired of life, I don’t look forward to anything; I did try and kill myself once but I got a strong sense of feeling that I am not allowed so I have s******* that idea.

I have a very easy life now, I am married with a stable job and want for nothing except death when God wills it. I even have a counter that I reduce one day at a time, 15936 to go based on an online formula.

So what am I asking, well when I die, I want to die for good; I want this to be my last life, I want to fine tune my soul.

Since a child, I have evaluated myself and the only defects I really got were lazy and selfish, now I don’t really consider them defects, just part of my personality; I don’t want to change.

I go to a catholic church with my Mrs and I pray for mercy in death directly to God every week, I try and then do no wrong and help people whenever I can, I play freerice.com every lunch time at work, I am volunteering to the Samaritans in the UK, I don’t want to help people, I just feel I should.

Any ideas what I can do & should do to help my soul, or just pass the time?

The only answer I currently have is: Be nice & stroll through life

Many thanks

Ticktock

I think the ennui might be your soul telling you you need to step it up a notch? We are here to grow and evolve, not just for ourselves, but for the human organism. You haven't achieved it all yet as there isn't a static "all" to be experienced. Those who have tasted life fully are the ones who have the opportunity to move bravely into the unknown. The unknown must be quite vast and perhaps infinite.

Perhaps if you get in touch with what really matters to you you'll perceive where to place your valuable time/energy.

If you feel it's a duty to help others than perhaps you should continue to do so, but I would definitely spend the majority of your time seeking out and pursuing whatever it is that ignites a fire in your heart.

There is an energy which when you receive it, everything and every moment possesses significance and loveliness beyond compare. I promise you this is true, I've experienced it. People try to achieve it through drugs, but this is cheating in a way and bound to leave the person less prepared not more to deal with life here.

I hope you won't let your light get smothered under atmospheres of tedium/boredom. That's not wrong necessarily, but it's not the most judicious use of this gift of life, imo.

moke64916
25-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Why would an "old soul" need to grow up at all? Fast or so.....

How do you know who you are, unless you experience who you are not?

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 02:46 PM
How do you know who you are, unless you experience who you are not?

So you are saying you, an old soul, incarnated here as an ignorant soul so that you could play this game where you realize that you really are an old soul who knows everything?

Ticktock
25-07-2011, 03:45 PM
James,

I'd like to apologise, I think I was a bit blunt with you. I should of added arrogance to my own traits. I get your point that I should seize the day and the life I have rather than looking over the horizon, I can respect that point of view but this would be disregarding my own beliefs.

Thank you Moke, i'll make a note of the books and perhaps get them when I run out of my current reading material :)

Gentledove I have also been blessed with moments that have removed all doubt in regards to God and even Heaven, such things cannot be shared or explained, I thank God everyday for the experience.

I don't think I am yet complete but I would say near, the fire I seek is with God and he didn't leave me any instructions.

I'm trying to find a way of living in a way God will approve of, don't worry I'll never be smothered again, some fires burn to bright.

Regards Ticktock

moke64916
25-07-2011, 04:19 PM
So you are saying you, an old soul, incarnated here as an ignorant soul so that you could play this game where you realize that you really are an old soul who knows everything?
Did I say that? I must of been unconscious in a blackout, lol. I'm not looking for an arguement. An old soul doesn't know everything, the universe is constantly evolving. I'vd been told by many people that I am an old soul. They come to that conclusion because of my actions and maturity level. Time tells. But there is no point in arguing. But that's a true statement. How do you know who you are, unless you experience who you are not?

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 05:44 PM
How do you know who you are, unless you experience who you are not? Moke

I have seen what/who I am not and what is left doesn't ask who it is.
It doesn't see itself, is my guess as to why.
More importantly though is that it doesn't need to know.
It knows it can't. It knows there is nothing to know in this regard.